Pictures of Oblivion Characters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
202 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Some Specific Posting Guidelines (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)
Welcome! This thread encourages people's feedback about whatever is posted here. However, any criticism of presented screenies, character ideas, stories, etc., should be very specific and constructive. This kind of criticism is a great way for us to learn and improve our skills.

However, due to some extreme and abusive criticism around the time of our 50th (original) thread (which was thankfully cleared out by a moderator), it became necessary to post the following:

NO criticism should be directed at the PERSON - only at his or her WORK.

Also, whatever criticism is presented, it should NOT be negative in general terms - such as, "That screenie is really lame." This type of non-specific criticism only insults and does not provide any help whatsoever. Or even worse, this kind of criticism: "You are a silly man with a silly idea." If you really must say something negative to someone outside of this simple "code", keep it off this thread!

Another bottom line rule on this thread we have learned over time: If you find a post really offensive, REPORT IT AND IGNORE IT! The moderators know how to quickly deal with any such situation, and will remove any offensive posts, if they are actually offensive. Arguing or making demands regarding the post, invariably ends up worsening the situation, and can even result in all involved parties getting a warning.

Also, some posts can be too vague and subject to interpretation - so please word your posts very clearly to avoid any misunderstandings, especially if they are critical in nature.

Regarding receiving comments or not receiving comments to your post:
Comments are hit or miss on this very fast moving thread. This thread moves so FAST that it is hard for lots of us to comment on peeps' screenies. So many, if not most screenies may appear to go unnoticed, because no comments occur. I am sure many of us have worked hard on something, and it appears to just fly by the pages, because of this very popular thread. Many of us try to take time to comment because it is fun to give others feedback and generally seems appreciated. But often no one does. If you really feel like it always happens that your post is ignored, ask a question about it. Whenever you directly ask about something, it is almost always answered by someone. Or even repost it - and point something out about it that you like or want feedback on.

And the best way to get comments? Positively, constructively/specifically comment on others work too!

Alright! Glad that is out of the way. Have fun and thanks for your contribution to this thread!

(Written by greatfool1 with direction from other contributors to this thread. Please PM greatfool1 if you do not agree with any part(s) of this.)

P.S. Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Prior thread (#3) here
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#2 jackmix69

jackmix69

Madgod

• Modder
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

The Madgod being...well the madgod.

Posted Image

Heh, he's relaxing

Edited by jackmix69, 07 May 2007 - 11:28 AM.

#3 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

I can finally present my new char, Jade's cousin Opal, a rare hairless-tattooed Tabaxi with wings & a strange demon tail:

Gah! I'd sell my soul for facial tattoos like that on one of my characters! Where... how... who do I beg? :crying:

#4 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:30 AM

@ Luchaire's - Exnem's Body mod has the textures!

#5 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

I just want the face tattoos, though, not the whole body mod... Can you point me to a d/l link?

#6 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:32 AM

The Madgod being...well the madgod.
<snippety>

:ROFL: :crazy:

Repost of my new girl, Opal:
0000opal1a.jpg

I was having such a tough time with the thinness of the faces yesterday, but had already gotten the name "Opal" stuck in my mind. Then laying in bed last night not sleeping, it suddenly struck me that "Opal" and "Jade" are both gemstones, and so the two chars could be related. Yes, I *am* that slow. So I took the Tabaxi race, re-did it in a new .esp, moved the ears to the lower teeth slot so they'd show through the wig, and replaced all the body & ear textures with those tattooed textures for exnem's. Oh, and used that dragontail with the wings included Hector did up for me.

Comments/Suggestions/Random Silliness encouraged!

Floydian1 - thanks!

LUCHAIRE-- I keep forgetting the authors name -- the face textures are sep, and I'll find them for you - give me a sec . . .

EDITED AGAIN: Linky for the face tattoos - those & the body tats are by alexscorpion. Y'know, it says it require's danis13 beauty mod, but I don't have that one. Could that be why the tats don't really glow?

Oh, and just to clarify: the tattooed textures don't come with exnem's, they're just for exnems.

EDITED YET AGAIN: GAH! Forgot to say it's Jade's face imported on there, with just the skin tone adjusted a little.

Edited by kalia, 07 May 2007 - 11:41 AM.

#7 DIE 75

DIE 75
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

Nice Kalia, really like the facial tattoo!
Posted Image

#8 PoPc0rN

PoPc0rN
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

Repost of a little silly thing I done in 5 mins :)

Whats In Here?

Smells Good

Lets See What Happens

COOL!

Want Some?

NO! DIE! - Forgot to type Tm :(

▐▐ 'Over A Year Without A Signature' - PoPc0rN 2006/2007▐▐

Posted Image

#9 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS WHILE I SLEEP AND/OR WHEN I"M AWAY!!!!! :WTF:
Kidding. But really, guys, too fast. :lol:

Repost:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

To summarize what happened (there will be a full story on this eventually when I have time):
Zero's home of Kvatch is destroyed,
Zero and Aisha arrive too late,
They meet Kahn Tzu, a warlord from a clan that seeks to dominate Tamriel,
They battle, and Kahn knocks out Zero and kills Aisha, leaving Zero alive to suffer,
Kahn leaves to further fufill his plans,
Zero later awakes to find nothing left of Kvatch and Aisha dead,
He mourns for her, unwilling to accept she is gone,
Zero curses the gods and swears vengance on Kahn Tzu.

Just been playing with other textures. One I put on would have been very cool but it didn't show up. It made the body disappear :wacko:

Here we have Rachel modelling a blue one that appears to have the look of just-dry paint.

Now, I have to go and fix the one that didn't work.

Suggestions for model names are welcome as I am out of creative ones :)

Very nice.
Rachel huh? What does that remind me of? *pokes Luchaire* :D
Kidding Luchaire. Take your time. :)

~Shadow
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

Damn Shadow, I though we talked about these reposts! :ROFL:

#11 Von Stahlriven

Von Stahlriven
  • 55 posts

:blink: Something weird always happens in the TES boards when I'm not around.

Oh well... Good to see everyone again!! :cheers:

It's strange that first you hate the Self-shadows a while and then you just accidentally put them on and WHAM! You cant play without them anymore. :wacko:

Anyway, here's my first screenshots in here. :)

Lil'ith
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mi'riah
Posted Image

I'd like to give huge thanks to SinBlood for creating those superb armors!

C'ya!
"I'm invisible, now I'm certain." - Von Stahlriven.
My screenshot Gallery.
My DeviantArt Stuff.

#12 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Repost....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Floydian1, 07 May 2007 - 11:59 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

Mi'riah
Posted Image

Yay my favorite Darkelf :D

#14 Von Stahlriven

Von Stahlriven
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

Thanks. :)

I think that I should go and take some new pictures of her.
"I'm invisible, now I'm certain." - Von Stahlriven.
My screenshot Gallery.
My DeviantArt Stuff.

#15 lemonio

lemonio
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:27 PM

wow. i just played for like 5 minutes and a new thread already. I wonder ... if we go faster than the speed of light will we go back in time to a previous thread? ?? ???
Twenty-two astronauts were born in Ohio. What is it about your state that makes people want to flee the earth?
-Stephen Colbert

#16 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

I just want the face tattoos, though, not the whole body mod... Can you point me to a d/l link?

Didja see my linky? I must make sure Luchaire's wishes are fulfilled! Oh, and no soul-selling required. ;) I don't know what to do with the things, they just clutter up the place . . . .

Nice Kalia, really like the facial tattoo!

Thanks! That's really nice work alexscorpion did on those. I'm hoping it'll actually kinda glow, didn't so much in the sewer but who knows? It's named as though it'll glow.

Repost of a little silly thing I done in 5 mins :)

<snippety>

Very cute! I see you got her working - good! The naming thing on .esp's can be confusing. . . I remember when mod-makers used to put the version number *in* the mod name. Caused some issues.

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS WHILE I SLEEP AND/OR WHEN I"M AWAY!!!!! :WTF:
<snippety>

Can I just TOTALLY AGREE WITH SHADOW'? My GODS, people! I've missed TWO WHOLE THREADS! :blink: :P (Ok, so it's actually really nice to see everyone posting & things going so well!)
Shadow' - don't know if I got to post on these before or not - but they're really really really beautiful! You really are good at getting the characters "posed" and whatnot.

:blink: Something weird always happens in the TES boards when I'm not around.

Oh well... Good to see everyone again!! :cheers:

It's strange that first you hate the Self-shadows a while and then you just accidentally put them on and WHAM! You cant play without them anymore. :wacko:

<snippety>

Hiya! :cheers: BOTH those girls are beautiful. I sorta have a thing for the dark elf skins - not sure why- but I love them both!

Repost....

<snippety>

I think Jade makes a good companion for Sia. Apparently they both think so too!

Thanks. :)

I think that I should go and take some new pictures of her.

DO! Yes, that's an order. :P

wow. i just played for like 5 minutes and a new thread already. I wonder ... if we go faster than the speed of light will we go back in time to a previous thread? ?? ???

:ROFL:

----
More Opal:
01 / 02 / 03 / 04 / 05 / 06 / and the obligatory yawning shot

And to copy Karandras, here's my fav:
0000opalaiming2a.jpg

#17 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

She's lovely :wub:
Posted Image

#18 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:03 PM

She's lovely :wub:

Thank you -- and you know that means a lot coming from one of the masters of lovely characters! Can't take too much of the credit, though - it's Jade's face, after all. I'm kinda surprised at how much I feel this same way though: :wub:

Hmmm.... I should take some more expressive shots of her.

#19 cyborgakadjmoose

cyborgakadjmoose
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

Holy Crap! Another thread already!

Anyways...just continuing a comment from last thread:

Night elves have really long ears in WoW so I made some longer ears.

WOW ! They are really that long in WoW ?

They are even longer in WoW :lol: I would say they have about 2 feet of ear.

Posted Image

Yeah...I never really liked the Warcraft ears...they were way to huge. I think the Night Elf race ones are a happy medium between the vanillia and the Warcraft ears.

Von Stahlriven - Glad you made it here! Once again, your Dark Elves are always amazing.
CYBORGAKADJMOOSE (Cyborg also known as DJMoose)

"I don't recall using teleportation, yet there I was....alone...naked."

My Deviantart

My Myspace

Cool place for character names: www.behindthename.com

Posted Image

#20 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image