• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:10 AM

"Phaere would use you to further her own ends. Foolish bitch that she is, she believes she can hoodwink me into believing her lies about alliance and strength in numbers. I alone will rule, and just as she would have me brushed aside, an insignificant bug, so I shall brush *her* aside.

She will not be the one to lead our city - and my House - to glory, and neither shall my doddering mother. I am a leader *worthy* of Ust Natha.

You do not know it yet, Veldrin, but there is much happening around you to which you are completely oblivious. Does this surprise you? It should, considering your pathetically limited mind.

Plots, plans, deceptions. Betrayals. Soon enough, I think, you will realise the extent to which you are now entrenched."

~-~-~

Xulaye Despana - sister to the insidious Phaere and daughter of the fearsome Matron Mother Ardulace. Will you help her in her ascent to power? Betray her? Attempt to turn the woman from her dark ways?

Xulaye joins your party at the beginning of the Ust Natha section of the Underdark. But watch your back; she is Drow to the core, and not unintelligent. Arrogance, ambition, cruelty and ruthlessness dominate her dark heart.

True evil lies in intent - and the wherewithal to carry it out.

This mod includes:
  • An Underdark-only joinable NPC for Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn
  • PC dialogue track
  • 1-3 banters with each Bioware NPC
  • Interjections throughout the Underdark
  • Scenery dialogue throughout the Underdark
  • Introduces a new ending for the Underdark
  • A new quest for the Underdark if you have Xulaye in the party
  • The option to have Korgan leave the party to fight in the Tavern
  • An original portrait by Ilmatar

#2 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:24 AM

I think the point of this mod is to make the Underdark part more interesting so that you wouldn't want to hurry through (....even though you and your sister are both dying inside but WHATEVER. Xulyae is cool enough to make you forget that :D!).

That said, I'm really looking forward to this mod.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

Ilmatar is on the money - the point of this mod is to make the Underdark more interesting, so people won't have to rush through it because it's so boring.

I'm not sure if Xulaye will make the Underdark more fun, but definitely more interesting and challenging. ;)

Thanks for the interest! I hope she meets your expectations and hopes. :)

#4 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:17 PM

Oooh! No one can ever say there are too many evil drow ^_^ especially in this scenario. <_<

One thing I'm most curious about is why Xulaye would travel with the PC after the events of Ust Natha? Regardless of what happens, her house is damned because of the PC's arrival, and if she is quick enough she might be able to fill the void and have the PC and other team members killed for being surfacers in disguise.

Of course if her house lost favor because of the little backstabbing that happened during that time, then it's of less concern, but she'd still be plenty mad as I can see things.

It is an interesting concept though, and these new ending ideas certainly have potential as well.
I will be keen to hear how things go. :)

Edit: Oh, and I doubt she and Aerie are going to get along too well either.

Also how a male Veldrin would handle Phaere is another interesting piece going there, so yeah. <_<
Looks good. ^_^

Edited by Solar's Harper, 01 January 2008 - 07:18 PM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:22 PM

An Underdark-only joinable NPC for Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn

Bolded for emphasis.

Xulaye will not stay with the PC after s/he leaves the Underdark.

There are plenty of roleplaying opportunities presented for male and female PCs when speaking to Xulaye, don't you worry.

#6 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

Ah I see, thank you for clearing that up K'aeloree. :)

Drow are notable for their revenge, even if it's more about 'business' than retribution over lives lost. So yes, very interesting idea on how this thing shall go methinks. :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#7 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:20 AM

Ooh! This looks really nice. I've always thought that there should be more joinable NPCs who only stay for a limited amount of time. For some reason, I really like the idea of joining up with people only in a designated area, for a certain amount of time. Sure, it screws up your party system experience-wise, but it keeps the game from becoming ... static.

Yeah, so looks nice. Gods know the underdark needs some spicing up.

#8 LetMeIn

LetMeIn
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

so have you decided on a what class she will be?

#9 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

Certainly - have a read of her FAQ. :)

Thanks for the interest! And I do hope she does spice up the Underdark a little. ;)

#10 Meira

Meira

I'm the snow on your lips

• 411 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

I just stumbled upon this - looks extremely nice. Adding new content to the Underdark is really good news. :woot: This could be especially interesting for good parties. (And no less to evil ones, but since I nearly always play good or neutral characters...)

However, this means that the party has to keep their tongue in check and pretend to be real drow at all times during the Ust Natha quests, not just when in the city itself. I'll have to tweak Amber's Underdark banter conditions when this get closer to release. (Don't worry about it though.)
Ihmeellinen meri

Kummalliset kalat liukuvat syvyydessä,
tuntemattomat kukat loistavat rannalla;
olen nähnyt punaista ja keltaista ja kaikki toiset värit -
mutta ihana meri on vaarallista nähdä,
se herättää tulevien seikkailujen janon:
mitä on tapahtunut sadussa, on tapahtuva minullekin.

- Edith Södergran

Amber - The BG2 NPC Mod Project Now released!
Amber's discussion forum at Gibberlings 3

#11 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:02 AM

Likewise. I normally play through SoA with a party of five (so I don't have to kick anyone out when I add Sarevok in ToB) so she'd fit in quite nicely.
I'm interested to see how she'd react to Jarlaxle revealing you as a surfacer.

#12 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

Thanks, ladies! :) Haven't had much time to work on this particular mod recently, but hoping to get around to it before the end of the year at some point. ;)

With Underdark banters, I think it's easiest to assume an NPC has taken the PC aside for a talk where Xulaye can't hear. That's how I handle it in my head, in any case--trying to change the conditions of all Underdark talks would be rather time-consuming!

As for Jarlaxle, that's one particular hurdle I haven't quite reached yet. Not sure how I will deal with it yet, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Thanks for the interest, and I hope not to disappoint!

#13 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:30 AM

Curious about progress - shall we see it before December?

Retired from modding.

#14 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

Not before December, but perhaps after... :)

#15 Lady Neverwinter

Lady Neverwinter
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

Not before December, but perhaps after... :)

I too will be looking foward to this mod