Photo

Xan's Moonblade

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 greycats

greycats
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

So I picked it up from the chest and it's stuck in whoever picks it ups inventory, when you try to move it it says "this item cannot be removed", no matter who I pick it up with (even Xan). Is there any way around this, or something I need to do to fix it?

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:27 PM

What version of BGT are you using and can you post your WieDU.log?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 greycats

greycats
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:58 PM

It doesn't actually have an error, just wont let me move it :/

Using version 1.05a

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05a

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

Confirmed bug. However, I'm a bit surprised to see that my BG: Original Saga also has an undroppable Moonblade. Can anyone confirm?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 greycats

greycats
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:50 PM

I'm guessing this means it's stuck in his inventory? :P

I'm using 5cd+ToSC, but only encounter this bug with BGT if that's any help

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:57 PM

Well, since it is found in Mulahey's chest, it get stuck in the inventory of whoever picks it up.

I suppose you mean that when you played classic BG:TotSC the Moonblade was fine?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 greycats

greycats
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

I suppose you mean that when you played classic BG:TotSC the Moonblade was fine?

Yep, Xan was always my favourite, always got him when I played and never had any issues before

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

I've really no idea how it works in Original Saga\BGT(I use EasyTutu - and, yep, it works there), but here's one quick way to help you; for now, at least: install Xan BG2 NPC and get his blade via console:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("O#XanMB")

You'll still have the old unremovable blade, but you'll be able to use Xan's moonblade, as well.

Also, check out Level 1 NPCs - this mod tweaks the blade, too.

#9 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:08 AM

What Kulyok?

Do you think he really wants the cool flaming Moonblade in your mod? :whistling:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#10 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:49 AM

If you want to remove the blade from your inventory until you find another solution just use shadowkeeper to edit your character end remove it.

http://www.mud-maste...m/shadowkeeper/

Edited by Altomar, 07 November 2007 - 02:51 AM.

#11 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:01 AM

Do you think he really wants the cool flaming Moonblade in your mod?

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your post. If you install Xan BG2 NPC without "BG1-like flaming sword animation" component, the flaming version does not appear.

But, yes, it's a possibility, too - until the next version of 1PP gets released, you can install "BG1-like flaming sword animation" component from Xan BG2 NPC for your Tutu/BGT installs, I believe.

#12 greycats

greycats
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

Well I used ShadowKeeper to remove it, and saw that there are three Moonblades in its items options, the first one worked, second one had vocalise and invisibility on it (worked also) and the third one was the offending unremovable, just thought i'd let you know incase anyone else comes across this.

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:37 PM

graycats: Could you write a little guide on how you solved it. Becasue I can't find any options or anything in Shadow Keeper.

#14 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

graycats: Could you write a little guide on how you solved it. Becasue I can't find any options or anything in Shadow Keeper.

An easy quide for a easy problem. Path is for standard game, so you might have to change it.
1 ) Get the ShadowKeeper.
2 ) Extract it with with WinRAR.
3 ) Start with the ShadowKeeper.exe .
4 ) Push Settings, where you find the Installation dirrectory tab. Put "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA" or something such. Push File, then Exit.
5 ) Restart the ShadowKeeper.exe .
6 ) Push File, Open Saved Game, select to name.
7 ) Push the Inventory tab.
8 ) Scroll down to the item, select it, and push Clear Item tab. -_-

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 November 2007 - 02:22 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#15 greycats

greycats
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:51 PM

Go to change the item and change the filter list to Daggers only, then it's under Moonblade and the first one should work

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:31 AM

@graycats

Go to change the item and change the filter list to Daggers only, then it's under Moonblade and the first one should work

I've only got one moonblade, wich ofcourse is the one that doesn't work :/

Posted Image

@Jarno Mikkola

An easy quide for a easy problem. Path is for standard game, so you might have to change it.
1 ) Get the ShadowKeeper.
2 ) Extract it with with WinRAR.
3 ) Start with the ShadowKeeper.exe .
4 ) Push Settings, where you find the Installation dirrectory tab. Put "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA" or something such. Push File, then Exit.
5 ) Restart the ShadowKeeper.exe .
6 ) Push File, Open Saved Game, select to name.
7 ) Push the Inventory tab.
8 ) Scroll down to the item, select it, and push Clear Item tab. -_-

Well... Understandable and all, but it had almost nothing to do with what I am trying to do. I don't want to remove the blade, I want it to work.

#17 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:24 AM

You don't have Xan BG2 NPC installed. The unmodded game has only one Moonblade. :)

#18 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

Is there any way to edit the item with DLTCEP or NI? I get Xan's moonblade out of inventory and in his hand via Shadow Keeper. Then his fist still shows and he has no weapon in his hand. Frustrating. This is with version 105a for me.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

Is there any way to edit the item with DLTCEP or NI? I get Xan's moonblade out of inventory and in his hand via Shadow Keeper. Then his fist still shows and he has no weapon in his hand. Frustrating. This is with version 105a for me.

For the experts, go into NI and find SW1H13.ITM (I think this is the Moonblade, check to just make sure), and switch to the Edit tab. Find the Flags field and uncheck the Undroppable flag. Save the file, and load a saved game where you have not entered Mulahey's Den yet.

Edited by Ascension64, 19 November 2007 - 10:26 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#20 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

Thanks Ascension64!
I couldn't figure out how to find the undroppable flag in NI, but now I see it.
I did manage to cure the problem with some DLTCEP medicine. By opening same item, I looked for flags and the moveable tag was unchecked. By checking that box, Mr. Xan could wield his favorite sword and it could be removed from anyone's inventory, but not wielded by others of course. That fix even worked after defeating Mulahey and did not cause any unusual crashes later. I played for a few good hours with Xan since then, so it was a simpler way for me if anyne wants to use the DLTCEP route (remember when setting up DLTCEP make the read-only box unchecked).
I am playing from BG1 installation from CD's not original saga DVD's if that helps.
Thanks again
:cheers:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant