Photo

Jaheira leaving after discovering dead Khalid

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

What the title says. Jaheira begins her first sentence and then switches to her party-leaving lines, drops a few more words and makes the usual EscapeArea().

I know it's an old bug, but I just can't find the thread where the solution was posted. Could someone help me out?

Weidu.log attached.

10th

Attached Files

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#2 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:02 PM

I have this bug too. Also reported here.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#3 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

OK, then let's see what mods modify Jaheir*.dlg according to the backup folders in my current install:

CtB, Kivan, Xan, Ascension, SPGaunt, RR, RE, questpack, NTosc, Dsotc

If I compare that with an older install without that problem (but others) I get:

CtB

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#4 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

Can you decompile your jaheira.dlg, and see what it looks like? Then we would have an idea of what within the mods we are looking for. Specifically, something is reweighting stuff so that a "leave party dialogue" is triggered before the BGT "Jaheira Talks About Khalid's Body" thing, or something tha replaces that state with another.

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:12 PM

Salk is getting this bug also and he does not seems to have CtB installed.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

I looked at the jaheiraj.dlg in my actual install and in a pristine version of bg2 with absolutely nothing added:

As you can see in the actualjaheiraj.d the following code interrupts the normal dialogue-flow:

IF WEIGHT #40 /* Triggers after states #: 32 34 53 62 71 81 105 106 107 157 197 198 200 201 202 203 204 264 276 291 378 437 441 447 528 550 551 552 553 554 555 584 589 595 600 604 607 610 614 even though they appear after this state */
~InParty("Khalid")
~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from: 0.0
  SAY #84993 /* ~I openly question your judgement, but it is your decision to make.  You do show some measure of leadership, and I should be glad to assist you in the future.  Come Khalid, we must depart for now.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("Khalid",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT))
ActionOverride("Khalid",LeaveParty())
ActionOverride("Khalid",SetDialogue("KHALIP"))
LeaveParty()
SetDialogue("JAHEIRAP")
~ EXIT
END

// Deleted reference: write weidu mod with modified jaheiraj.d

10th

Attached Files

Edited by 10th, 10 November 2007 - 06:42 PM.

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

Your approach might screw up a number of mods. Its very dangerous, but you could always try it, I suppose.

Can you go to Windows Explorer and perform a search for all files named jaheiraj.dlg in your BGII installation directory? When you get your list of hits, look for all copies of the file that reside in a Backup directory or sub-directory. Post here the list of directories (with paths from the BGII directory, e.g. BG1UB\Backup\). That'll help us work out which mod is the culprit.

Edited by Ascension64, 10 November 2007 - 06:34 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

List of directories with jaheiraj.dlg in them:

\OVER_MID
\override
\CtB\over.bak
\Xan\backup
\SPGaunt\backup\3
\RR\backup\7
\RR\backup\5
\RE\backup\32
\RE\backup\29
\RE\backup\22
\RE\backup\15
\RE\backup
\questpack\backup\3
\questpack\backup\17
\Kivan\backup
\DC\backup
\CtB\backup

UPDATE:

REPLACE JAHEIRAJ
IF WEIGHT #5 ~InParty("Khalid")
~ THEN BEGIN 1
  SAY @20091
ActionOverride("Khalid",SetDialog("KHALIP"))
LeaveParty()
SetDialog("JAHEIRAP")~ EXIT
END
END

This bit of code was in u!minor.d from BG1UB. Apart from the wrong weight and probably the wrong text it seems to be the same bit of code. After rummaging trough the corresponding .tra-file I found this text:
@20091 = ~I openly question your judgement, but it is your decision to make.  You do show some measure of leadership, and I should be glad to assist you in the future.  Come Khalid, we must depart for now.~
And that fits the bit of code I posted earlier.

10th

Edited by 10th, 10 November 2007 - 08:36 PM.

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

REPLACE JAHEIRAJ
IF WEIGHT #5 ~InParty("Khalid")
~ THEN BEGIN 1
  SAY @20091
ActionOverride("Khalid",SetDialog("KHALIP"))
LeaveParty()
SetDialog("JAHEIRAP")~ EXIT
END
END

This bit of code was in u!minor.d from BG1UB. Apart from the wrong weight and probably the wrong text it seems to be the same bit of code. After rummaging trough the corresponding .tra-file I found this text:
@20091 = ~I openly question your judgement, but it is your decision to make.  You do show some measure of leadership, and I should be glad to assist you in the future.  Come Khalid, we must depart for now.~
And that fits the bit of code I posted earlier.

10th

Yes, that would be it. The BGT version of BG1UB is pretty sucky at the moment. That's why it is in beta. It kind of breaks Jaheira as well. I would suggest not installing the Minor Dialogue Restorations component for now.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#10 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

Great work 10th!!!!! :cheers:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#11 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:58 PM

Thanks from me as well, 10th! :cheers:

#12 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:53 AM

Yep - I should have remembered this from our compatibility testing... sorry :(

Minor Dialogues will put that line in place of PIDs in BG1NPC, too.