30 replies to this topic

#1 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:18 AM

Hi guys,

i'm going to start a fresh install as soon as i solve some problems with a mod ... here is the list (and order) of what i'd like to install, may be some of you knows about possible issues? I don't think of some, but any help is appreciated:

- BG2 Fixpack
- Shadow over Soubar
- Ascension --- UPDATE --- Moved as the very 1st install, before Bg2 Fixpack
- BGT
- Dark Side of the Sword Coast
- Northern Tales of the Sword Coast
- Secret of Bonehill
- The Grey Clan Episode 1st
- Tower of Deception
- Herbs & Potion (Bg1)
- Herbs & Potion (Bg2)
- BG1 Unfinished Business (only some components)
- Lost Items (Bg1)
- D0Quest (only AI and Cre & Area Improvements)*
- Sword Coast Stratagems*

- Xan Friendship (Bg1)
- Xan Voice from Bg2 for Bg1
- BG1 NPC Project
- BG1 NPC Music
- NEJ options for BGT (Custom Imoen, etc?)

- DoS
- CoM Encounters
- Magnificent Magic Shop
- Improved Thalantyr
- CPM Mod
- Food & Erbs
- Robe of Vecna
- Xan in BG2

- Tactics (NON Installare Improved Torgal e de Arnise !!!)
- D0 Quest Pack*
- Big Picture (only BP Xvart Village)
- De Arnise Mod
- DSoA
- DR
- Fading Promises
- Zyraen Miscellany (only Item Balancing & Spell progression for Rangers)
- Item Upgrade (Bg2) + CespyAudio v1

- BGT Tweaks (vedi readme, solo qualcuno)
- BG2 Tweaks (vedi readme, solo qualcuno)
- P5 Tweaks
- D0 Tweaks
- Gminion
- II Tweaks (only 1 component, vedi vecchio Weidu log)
- MixMod (only 1 component, vedi vecchio Weidu log)
- Bagbonus
- Rolles
- Storeprices
- PC Soundset

- Spell Pack (NO chain lighting) --- UPDATE --- Removed from Installation due too many incompatibility issues
- P&P Celestials
- GA Kit (x Jaheira modified by me)
- PoF kits (knight kit modified by me)
- Wolflord Kit (modified by me)
- WPT Familiar (modified by me)
- Level 1 NPC
- 1PP (anche flamingsword)

- Worldmap Mod (con fixes)
- Experience Fixer
- Experience fix (by ascension64)
- Charmed creature fix (by ascension64)
- TS fonts
- GUI x BGT & Setup Music

About * ... i think i will install SCS BEFORE D0Quest Pack BUT Durlag's Improvements, then i will install that component AFTER D0Quest pack for compatibilty issues.

If someone knows about any possible issue ... i appreciate your reply in advance,

Thanks!

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 17 January 2008 - 10:56 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#2 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:43 AM

if you try to install spellpack beta4 after SCS you will encounter an error with the first component of spellpack (Spell Pack (Core Files and Graphics)).
it is incompatible with improved final battle component from SCS. so you can try to install spellpack before scs or skip that component of SCS.

Also the Shroud of Flame component and Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting component cannot be installed even with an unmoded BG2. so for now just skip them.

Edited by Altomar, 17 January 2008 - 08:52 AM.

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:59 AM

if you try to install spellpack beta4 after SCS you will encounter an error with the first component of spellpack (Spell Pack (Core Files and Graphics)).
it is incompatible with improved final battle component from SCS. so you can try to install spellpack before scs or skip that component of SCS.

Also the Shroud of Flame component and Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting component cannot be installed even with an unmoded BG2. so for now just skip them.

Have these been reported in the SpellPack forum?

#4 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:13 AM

- Ascension
Put in front of g3Fixpack, to avoid overwriting spell changes

You mean the separate mod that has Charming Imoen, Boo, etc.?

There's a (EDIT: not-so-popular) philosophy growing that this should go right after BGT, sort of as a mini-fixpack. Don't know how true that is, and I haven't tried it yet but do plan to in my next install.

And a favor: could you rename this thread to "mm75's MegaInstall" or whatever, something more descriptive that point to you. I imagine that you're going to get a lot of feedback over time.
Plus the current title makes you seem like a n00b. 8) Which you are not!

Edited by Azazello, 27 January 2008 - 06:45 PM.

#5 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:33 AM

Have these been reported in the SpellPack forum?

yes, for more information look at this link
http://forums.blackw...?...ost&p=27904

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:36 AM

- Ascension
Put in front of g3Fixpack, to avoid overwriting spell changes

You mean the separate mod that has Charming Imoen, Boo, etc.?

There's a philosophy growing that this should go right after BGT, sort of as a mini-fixpack. Don't know how true that is, and I haven't tried it yet but do plan to in my next install.

And a favor: could you rename this thread to "mm75's MegaInstall" or whatever, something more descriptive that point to you. I imagine that you're going to get a lot of feedback over time.
Plus the current title makes you seem like a n00b. 8) Which you are not!

Thanks guys for the tips!

@azazello: yeah i meant those ones. I will open another thread when my install is finished and completed with success and it will have such a name so that it's easiest for everyone to get feedbacks ;-)

mm75

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

I do have actually a weird problem, anyone did get it?

As soon as i install SCS it HANGS (Copying 1 file ...) anytime it does a compatibility check (Bp & BGT so) ...

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=12968

Anyone did get this as well?

mm75

#8 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

weird, in my installation everything went fine.
this component took me more time to install it but in the end nothing went wrong.
have you tried to wait a little longer just to be sure?

#9 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

weird, in my installation everything went fine.
this component took me more time to install it but in the end nothing went wrong.
have you tried to wait a little longer just to be sure?

Yeah ... i'm trying it again, i guess 10 minutes it's too much just to copy a file or do a check ...

Anyway i decided to AVOID SpellPack from my install ... i just tried and too many errors during installation and too many headaches may be later with the other mods installed.

I just have to solve the SCS issue ... really weird indeed,

mm75

#10 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

Ok ... guys. Murphy's law hit me.

It was my PC failure ... strange indeed i did have always my cpu to 100% usage to a damned process i did create, sorry.

It took ages but SCS DID install without any issue :-)

Moving on with other mods and usind ADPACK instead of SPellPack for compatibility reasons,

Thanks to all for now,

mm75

#11 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

Ahh, Murphy's law sucks :rolleyes:
It seems anyway that he was quite a pessimistic person <_<
Glad to see that your installation went fine in the end.

For the spellpack issue, check out the thread here:
http://forums.gibber...s...=1851&st=15

Miloch posted a workaround for the conflict between spellpack and scs. you need to edit thescs.tp2, but it seems to be quite much to be replaced.
It's due to some files just being copied into the override folder instead of being compiled.

Marvin

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

There's a philosophy growing that this should go right after BGT, sort of as a mini-fixpack. Don't know how true that is, and I haven't tried it yet but do plan to in my next install.

I haven't heard of this one. BG1UB does contain fixes at its current state, but it really shouldn't be deemed a 'fixpack' and its mod installation order philosophised as such.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#13 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:10 PM

Night here in Italy (1 AM) but still working on install and some mods :-)))

I got a compatibility issue between BGT Tweak (disable hostile reactions - charmed cre) & Itemupgrade. I got an out of bound error with an item from that mod (c2blun02.itm).

Regarding Spell Pack i still avoid it ... so many mods conflict with it for sure so i'll skip it definitely.

mm75

#14 Altomar

Altomar

Seraph

• 163 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

What other mods are conflict with spellpack?? Because except Shroud of Flame component and Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting component everything went fine in my installation. I don't know if there are any problems in the game because i haven't started yet. With the previous version (beta 3) i encounter some CTD in places like candlekeep training area but with the current version i don't know yet.

Edited by Altomar, 17 January 2008 - 05:13 PM.

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

I got a compatibility issue between BGT Tweak (disable hostile reactions - charmed cre) & Itemupgrade. I got an out of bound error with an item from that mod (c2blun02.itm).

Regarding Spell Pack i still avoid it ... so many mods conflict with it for sure so i'll skip it definitely.

mm75

Will check to see if the coding in BGT Tweak is at fault or the ItemUpgrade mod contains a corrupted c2blun02.itm.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#16 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:34 PM

mm75

Will check to see if the coding in BGT Tweak is at fault or the ItemUpgrade mod contains a corrupted c2blun02.itm.

Might be the D0QuestPack issue.

#17 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:43 AM

Altomar, can you report me the --change-log for c2blun02.itm?
Some third mod is corrupting c2blun02.itm so that it cannot be further patched properly by BGTTweak.

To do this, put a WeiDU.exe (v203 or above) into your mega-mod installation directory.
Go to command prompt and navigate to your mega-mod installation directory.

Type in:

WeiDU --change-log c2blun02.itm >> log.txt

Afterwards, post the text contents of log.txt, created in your mega-mod installation directory, here.

--------------
Retired Modder

#18 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:29 AM

Here are the references that got corrupted and some mods can't install them (d0quest pack, Bg1 spell component for example):

- c2blun02.itm
- belt05.itm
- spin506.spl (it's a mass charm spell for Immy from Charming Rogue Kit)
- P5#EFFS.2DA

I had to cut them from override to install the BG1 spell component and then copy back those files there.

Here is my weidu log so far, the install is fine but i still don't know if it's the one i would advise for users:

#19 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:38 AM

@Ascension:

Here are the logs for the files i got corrupted and D0Tweaks and/or BGT Tweaks couldn't patch:

mm75

Attached Files

#20 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:42 AM

A rather quicker fix for the SpellPack/SCS incompatibility is to change line 48 of setup-spellpackB4.tp2 from

COMPILE ~SpellPackB4/SpellsAndEffects/CommonEffects/Scripts~						~override~

to

COMPILE ~SpellPackB4/SpellsAndEffects/CommonEffects/Scripts~

- i.e., just remove the ~override~, which is a typo in SpellPack.