Photo

NPCs don't go back to Inn

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 pappy

pappy
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:42 AM

I thought I saw when I first started to mod this game that there was a mod that would send NPCs back to the Inn after you let them go from your party.  I have been searching for a few days now and can't find it.  Anyone help me out here please?

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:01 AM

For Tutu, it's a component of BG1 NPC Project. In BG2, it's done automatically(except certain areas).

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:07 AM

I thought I saw when I first started to mod this game that there was a mod that would send NPCs back to the Inn after you let them go from your party. I have been searching for a few days now and can't find it. Anyone help me out here please?

As far as I know, no mod with this kind of component will work with BGT. The current mods that have this kind of feature are BG1NPC Project and Sword Coast Stratagems, but their implementation is strictly for Tutu.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:08 AM

The BG1 NPC components or this only work on Tutu; the installation notes recommend using the Sword Coast Strategems (SCS) components that do this for BGT -

I will check, but I thought the SCS implementation is confirmed and tested as working on BGT installs? Pro5 and Ronin put in a bunch of work on this. If someone can confirm it operating on BGT, here, that would save poppy some work (and I could update the BG1NPC docs if it doesn't).

(We also suggest using the SCS "Move Starting Locations" component on BGT installs if you want to adjust where the BG NPCs show up ingame. The only one we have operating on BGT is Alora, who SCS doesn't move :) )

Edited by cmorgan, 18 January 2008 - 07:11 AM.

#5 pappy

pappy
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:26 AM

darn...i was hoping i was wrong...i saw the mod today about the tutu, but i was hoping i just missed the one for BGT...oh well, just have to take good notes! If someone has something different, please let me know! Thanks again!

#6 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:52 AM

The BG1 NPC components or this only work on Tutu; the installation notes recommend using the Sword Coast Strategems (SCS) components that do this for BGT -

I will check, but I thought the SCS implementation is confirmed and tested as working on BGT installs? Pro5 and Ronin put in a bunch of work on this. If someone can confirm it operating on BGT, here, that would save poppy some work (and I could update the BG1NPC docs if it doesn't).

(We also suggest using the SCS "Move Starting Locations" component on BGT installs if you want to adjust where the BG NPCs show up ingame. The only one we have operating on BGT is Alora, who SCS doesn't move :) )

The header of setup-scs.tp2 version 8 reads...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
BEGIN @12 DESIGNATED 90 // NPCs go to inns

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fw0100.are~ @4001
FORBID_FILE ~override/X#WaitAtInn.G3~ @66

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

The header of setup-scs.tp2 version 8 reads...

BEGIN @12 DESIGNATED 90 // NPCs go to inns

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fw0100.are~ @4001
FORBID_FILE ~override/X#WaitAtInn.G3~ @66

Yep, can't install a couple of those components, however SCS has incorporated "Better NPC Management" for BGT installs which works perfectly as long as you don't install the "Better Calls for Help" component of SCS. To use "Better Calls for Help" you should install the component from SCSBGT.

It takes a village...

#8 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:13 AM

Darn, darn, darn - our docs and installer have been wrong :(

I will update the installer and documentation in v15.

OK, so there is currently no mod that will allow you to change the starting area of BG NPCs on BGT except for one: BG1 NPC will allow both Tutu and BGT folks to move Alora's start point from the Hall of Wonders to Gullykin, so you can pick her up earlier in the game.

There is currently no mod that allows any of the BG NPCs to be sent to an Inn on a BGT install.

(What is SCS "Better NPC Management"? Is that is the splitting up of NPC pairs component? I don't use it on my games - and I can't remember the docs).

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

Darn, darn, darn - our docs and installer have been wrong :(

I will update the installer and documentation in v15.

OK, so there is currently no mod that will allow you to change the starting area of BG NPCs on BGT except for one: BG1 NPC will allow both Tutu and BGT folks to move Alora's start point from the Hall of Wonders to Gullykin, so you can pick her up earlier in the game.

There is currently no mod that allows any of the BG NPCs to be sent to an Inn on a BGT install.

(What is SCS "Better NPC Management"? Is that is the splitting up of NPC pairs component? I don't use it on my games - and I can't remember the docs).

I have the following installed in my game:
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #95 // Better NPC management
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations
with the following code:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

BEGIN @3058 DESIGNATED 95 // Easier party NPC management

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

REQUIRE_PREDICATE !FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fw0100.are~ @4002

LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO ~party_management_BGT~

Basically it's macros run the same things as Tutu with the SCS/BGT/npcmanage.d file

It takes a village...

#10 Kobold

Kobold
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:24 PM

Huh?

I do that regularly with my BGT install in BG1????

NPCs sending to Inn... no prob.

Kobold

P.S: IIRC I also uses SCS for that like erebusant

Edited by Kobold, 18 January 2008 - 12:25 PM.

#11 -Taimon-

-Taimon-

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

"Better NPC Management" is "send NPCs to inns" and "split NPC pairs" combined. Works for me on my BGT install. (I don't have "Better calls for help" installed.)

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

What a confusing heap.

--------------
Retired Modder

#13 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:40 PM

yep. We need a roadmap for what does what. Either that, or I need to ask DavidW if I can raid his code and duplicate, and he can rain ours - then we would have two separate mods that could do the same thing on BGT, and no questions/problems. Or, BGT Tweaks raids both, and hanles the whole thing on BGT installs.

Growing pains.

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

yep. We need a roadmap for what does what. Either that, or I need to ask DavidW if I can raid his code and duplicate, and he can rain ours - then we would have two separate mods that could do the same thing on BGT, and no questions/problems. Or, BGT Tweaks raids both, and hanles the whole thing on BGT installs.

Growing pains.

Well, I reckon it's fine to just to keep things in SCS, just as long as people are aware that that mod is where you find it. I'm not a fan duplicating components.

--------------
Retired Modder

#15 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

That sounds good! Simpler is better.