Comments about PoOC #26

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Click Here for a List of Popular Animation Mods
Note: For the broken TESsource links, replace 'TESsource.net' with 'TESnexus.com' for the new links.

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be:
How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1
A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Screenshots - Screenshot Thread #26 here
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#2 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:54 AM

Looking around at the vastly empty commentary thread and thinking....

@ DFSL - Always enjoy seeing your tweaks on outfits
beautiful
(cue music and,...) "She wore an itsy bitsy teeny tiny yellow polka dot bikini..." Very cute

@ Kadaj X - Adorable pair

@ Radicus - Bo' gives her opinion on the slideability and rollability of this hill.
The spacing in the boob-plate is for ventilation, and hopefully to render one's enemies mamm-entarily stunned.
Hey, if the guards are gonna satnd with their backs to the gates, then they deserve what they get.

@ Chimera - I'm not all that familiar with the SG1 crew, but do recognise the one on the far left excellent work there

@ ChaironDeCeleste - A lovely lady you've got there

@ Soul_Slayer - Owey! leg cramp!
Now for the next yoga position...
I've no idea why nobody will waltz with me. I know all the steps.
The porridge was still too hot, so GoldiSableLocks decided to go outside and enjoy the scenery[/img] while she waited for it to cool.

grumbles about the fact that it's been over 24 hours since this thread was started and it's still empty

@ Darziak - To hell with Wheaties! I'm haing myself a nice crunchy bowl of Oblivion gate this morning[/img]!
Hello there! We're the friendly Oblivion welcoming committee

@ greatfool1 and Yorkmaster - Is it the size

of the Nirnroot, or what you do with it that counts?

@ Ryu Doppler - [url="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6326/rhr719kc2.jpg"]fine dining [url="http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/853/rhr721hq4.jpg"]at it's best

considers double, triple and even quaduple posting (though all with different comments)

#3 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:32 AM

@ Kadaj X - Adorable pair

Thanks Chiglet!! :cheers:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#4 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

Yes yes yes I know you don't need to mention it. (what I'm referring to is up to you to figure out)

So now after an extended leave (that got extended even more). I'm back. I must say I am completely amazed by what everyone has done while I was away. I'm afraid I don't have any new pictures right now but comments I have more than a few :)

First off a quick apology to everyone who posted in screenshot thread number 25 that I didn't comment on. 11 pages of screenshots is a bit much even for me to do all at once :)

Next a big thank you to Ryu for making the new threads.

And lastly, thank you Chiglet for the poke :)

Now for the comments...

Floydian1

Post #2: Awesome sea battles, rune shields, white and purple fairies....the word epic doesn't even begin to cover it :)
Post #6: :blink: that sky....Posted Image
Post #10: I'm sure this has been asked before but did you make that hair?

Post #12: Nice house...Very nice indeed....

Darziak

Post #3: That "Messing with hue" shot was awesome, it's amazing how a single setting can change the picture so much

Kalia

Post #4: Is it just me or in the second picture does the guy look really drunk? ;) Excellent shots all around

Post #13: And what new castle is that? Whatever one it is they seem to have moved right in :)

Greatfool1

Post #3: Hilarious as ever :) Nice to see some things never change :cheers:

Ryu Doppler

Post #8: Speaking of things that never change it seems ryu still can't keep from getting drenched in blood :) Excellent lighting in all of those shots :cookie:

Yorkmaster

Post #9: Quick run! The giant Nirnroots are invading! ;)

Soul_Slayer

Post #11: I see she still likes hanging out in on ruins :) Nice outfit as well

I'm starting to have second thoughts about posting pictures, after seeing all these downright epic pictures I'm thinking it would take me a long time to get back into the swing of things :)

Edit: My apologies Kadaj x, I missed your newest post when I went through the thread

Kadaj x

Post #14: Any chance you have been conspiring with AlienSlof on these outfits? They seem to match her style exactly :)

Edited by Karandras, 21 January 2008 - 09:01 AM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#5 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the comments, Karandras. The castle is Castle Almgard - gorgeous new release with great lighting.

#6 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:34 AM

Looking around at the vastly empty commentary thread and thinking....
grumbles about the fact that it's been over 24 hours since this thread was started and it's still empty
considers double, triple and even quaduple posting (though all with different comments)

@ Darziak - To hell with Wheaties! I'm having myself a nice crunchy bowl of Oblivion gate this morning!
Hello there! We're the friendly Oblivion welcoming committee

:blink: I'd likely criticize than comment.

Fixed links, nothing better than to start the day closing oblivion gates. :D
Heh they're nothing compared to the one's you'll see in my next post.

Yes yes yes I know you don't need to mention it. (what I'm referring to is up to you to figure out)

So now after an extended leave (that got extended even more). I'm back. I must say I am completely amazed by what everyone has done while I was away. I'm afraid I don't have any new pictures right now but comments I have more than a few :)

Darziak

Post #3: That "Messing with hue" shot was awesome, it's amazing how a single setting can change the picture so much.

Welcome back!

I have many selections but I reckon this shot proved to be nicer.

#7 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

Darziak, I really like this shot. What effect have you used on it? The lighting is very good.

Kalia - this is such a soft romantic shot. I like the way you can't quite see their faces. Also, I think the way you've tangled in the poses here is fantastic.

Soul_Slayer, this is a really pretty one of Sable. Her wings look so delicate.
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#8 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:18 PM

Darziak, I really like this shot. What effect have you used on it? The lighting is very good.

Thanks, I mixed a normal shot and a sepia(?) shot in photoshop to achieve that effect.

#9 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:10 AM

Kadaj x

Post #14: Any chance you have been conspiring with AlienSlof on these outfits? They seem to match her style exactly :)

Not really :P I think, we just have a few things in common :D And of course I like her work very much :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#10 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

@ greatfool1 and Yorkmaster - Is it the size
of the Nirnroot, or what you do with it that counts?

:lol: Thanks, Chiglet!
Also, nice shot, Yorkmaster! Btw did you find your giant Nirnroot right above Skingrad?

To answer you, Chiglet, I think it is what you do with it!
Posted Image

Greatfool1
Post #3: Hilarious as ever :) Nice to see some things never change :cheers:

Thank you, Karandras. And it's great to see you around again!

Some recaptioning of Kalia's wonderful screenies

Varya: Phew!!! Brin, you need a bath!

Posted Image

The girls get in the tub first ...

Elania: Varya, I'm having trouble figuring out how to do something Brin likes in bed...
Varya: Why should I tell you anything?
Elania: Please, Varya, you know we both love the same man - so we are in the same boat together!
Varya: Your boat seems to get boarded way more by Brin than mine!
Elania: Please sweetie?

Posted Image

*Whisper whisper*

Varya: Oh, alright! First you grab it like this - then with the most pointy end of your ear...... Hellllloooo, Brin!!! Just in time for a demo!!! Scoot over, Elania!

Posted Image

Edited by greatfool1, 22 January 2008 - 03:05 PM.

#11 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgûl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

Well friends, its been a wild ride. But to be honest, I've had just about enough shit of late and so I'm leaving SHS. If you need to speak to me please drop me a line on my hotmail.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve - Bilbo Baggins

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 22 January 2008 - 03:30 PM.

#12 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

• 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

Well friends, its been a wild ride. But to be honest, I've had just about enough shit of late and so I'm leaving SHS. If you need to speak to me please drop me a line on my hotmail.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve - Bilbo Baggins

This is really saddening news. :crying: I always really enjoyed your presence here. Both when you used to post pictures, and then when you were just hanging around. Your pictures were always great to view, and the commentaries too. I was really hoping to read more of that story you posted, as well as more about Hector too.

I'm going to miss you here! I don't know what kind of shit that's been plaguing you lately, but if must be really bad if you've decided to leave. Along with those previous health problems that can't be helping things either. -_-

Good luck to you in your future endeavors. And remember your always welcome to come back if you wish. :cheers:

#13 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:17 AM

According to someone over at the CI forum, I'm lazy and my packaging skills need work due to there being seperate downloads for this mod. (Nevermind the fact that when it's all packaged together, the file size is too big to upload here)

Funny how I'm the lazy one, but they can't be bothered to download more than one file.

This mod has caused me more headaches than it's worth, so I'm officially abandoning it.

If there is anyone that wanted this mod, but for whatever reason hasn't acquired it yet, I suggest you get it soon, as I'm going to have it removed from the download center.

#14 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

According to someone over at the CI forum, I'm lazy and my packaging skills need work due to there being seperate downloads for this mod. (Nevermind the fact that when it's all packaged together, the file size is too big to upload here)

Funny how I'm the lazy one, but they can't be bothered to download more than one file.

This mod has caused me more headaches than it's worth, so I'm officially abandoning it.

If there is anyone that wanted this mod, but for whatever reason hasn't acquired it yet, I suggest you get it soon, as I'm going to have it removed from the download center.

I still can't figure out why people give you so much crap over this.. I mean you found out there was something missing and fixed it before most of us even found out that there was a problem. you post clear instructions on where to put the right meshes etc and still people don't get it :angry:
I'm glad I got the stuff and that I understand how to install it before it's to late. I do support your abandonment 'cause I know how much crap gets spewed around on the BSG forums sometimes (apparently on CI too) mainly on tastes and breast size :D

I hope you won't give up modding in total, just do it like Trollf did that add-on to AiC (some of the efg-anims) share it by request only or something there must be a way to help "worthy" people and keep the whiners out !!
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#15 Snowy

Snowy
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

Beautiful pics!! I love those browntone ones especially!

"There are two theories to arguing with a woman ... neither works."
~ Will Rogers ~

#16 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

• 523 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

Page 1

Floydian1: Nice fairies in this shot. It brought back memories of Chrono Cross for some reason, although I can't put my finger on it. It's been awhile since I've played CC.

Darziak: Sigil Stones...the Daedric treasures! Wonder what he's going to enchant with that one.

kalia: Heh, what a lucky girl she is. I'm certain they're having quite some fun eh? ^_^

DFSL: Bandwidth exceeded... :crying:

greatfool1: Ninroot hunting. A sport if there ever was such a thing. So hard to find some good roots, but it does give me an idea though. 8)

Yorkmaster: What a lovely New character you got there! Good Job!

Soul_Slayer: I really like this shot. Looks like Sable's about to takeoff into the sky.

Kadaj X: Too cool attitude? I like how he gives off that loner feeling. Nice work!

Rogue Sun: Very nice shot of Enya and very nice Woodland shot! Now that's how I expect woods to look! Haven't seen woods colored in that light since Dungeon Siege of all things!

Chiglet: Rex eh? Looks cool. Good luck on recreating him then. I'm sure you can do it.

Rumpleteasza: I really love this shot of Shamanih! I know she's supposed to like just wearing leather, but if she decided to wear metal armor that looks definitely like what she'd wear! Very good job! :hug:

Page 2

Floydian1: Poor castle. Only out just recently and it's already been put under siege! Great shots once again. Keep it up!

ChaironDeCeleste: Unlady like or not, she definitely has a unique flair to her. Good Work!

Darziak: Nice hobby there. Model building replicas are always a fun past-time, virtual or real.

Rogue Sun: Another great shot of Enya and more great lighting an setting. Just by looking I can tell she's quite the protector of Valenwood. Well done! :cheers:

kalia: Ah, the old Sparring session into a close contact session eh? Classic.

Chiglet: Nice elf there. Osiella I'm guessing? She turned out quite well.

Chimera: Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean? Amazing. Fantastic work as always.

Yorkmaster: Interesting outfit there. Looks familar but I can't put my finger on it. Good work!

Kadaj X: Love this shot of the fairy in water. I think i'd be a bit cool too if I was in the same position.

Page 3

DFSL: More great outfits as modeled by your characters. I always love seeing them model some new outfits. Speaking of which I've been trying to get the Werewolf suit off of Borialis but I'm failing horribly at the downloader. I can get to a place where you have to type in something, but it's not so clear. I'm not even sure if the link is the right one either. :wall:

greatfool1: Poor Alexus! Getting rejected by Adoring Fan! I sense the seeds of deep jealousy and hatred brewing. The other women of AF's life better beware! Hell hath no fury like a women scored. Especially when her Tibia is involved. :devil:

Floydian1: Love the vibrantness of this shot. I also like how the spire is overlooking the whole thing. One thing the game deeply misses is overlooking spires/castles. Hope they put some of those in the next game.

Darziak: Like how Kaizrad's face turned out. Another thing the game needs is more beast races/options. Anyway, Well done!

kalia: I really like this shot of the sea and clouds. Sometimes it's just a simple scenic shot that can get a good view. Nice work! 8)

Soul_Slayer: Bang indeed! I'm sorry Sable just set herself up for that one! Really great work as always man.

Snowy: Why hello Snowy! Not often that we get comments from non-screenshooters. Traffic is a bit more easy here.

Spirited Treasure: Welcome! Blue sent you eh? I hope you'll stick around and grace us with even more pictures and maybe some comments too. Speaking of comments Your character is quite lovely! Sitting down for a bite eh? Hope she doesn't bite too hard. :lol: Great work!

Chimera: The New texture on the weapon looks cool. Keep it up.

ChaironDeCeleste: Well in hindsight Tifa might be a bit harder to make. Especially that hair too. But as the old saying goes, try try again. Keep it up.

Spike4072: Poor Snow. Always a victim to Haruko's antics. Well, at least until she grows out of that shydom maybe. Or that she could use it to an advantage. Keep up the great work man! :cheers:

Edited by Ryu Doppler, 24 January 2008 - 07:48 PM.

#17 Lady Blue

Lady Blue
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

@ Spike- Awesome screens, definitely made me laugh :) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
@ Snowy- Why hello there ;) I wonder where Andy could be... :lol:

Edited by Lady Blue, 24 January 2008 - 08:57 PM.

#18 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

Ryu - Thank you! She is, indeed, a lucky girl. ^_^ And yes, that sparring thing is a bit of a cliche, isn't it? :lol: That last shot you pulled - that's my fixed up NE omod (fixed up meaning I've got the beaming sunglare & a different nebula in there) that I just did with your Simpler esp. Not sure why I thought that wasn't working for me before - I'm getting gorgeous weather like in that shot, and it *isn't* constantly raining/snowing (unlike when I was using the regular NW esp)! :cheers:

#19 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

Kadaj X: Too cool attitude? I like how he gives off that loner feeling. Nice work!

Kadaj X: Love this shot of the fairy in water. I think i'd be a bit cool too if I was in the same position.

Thanks Ryu for nice comments :)
:cheers:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#20 JazzJR

JazzJR
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

Just a question , how can i delete my account?
or can any admin delete it?

thankz

I'm not sure if you can do it yourself, but I'm sure you could just PM an admin to remove it.

Might I ask why?

Because i am not up to post on SHS anymore , so i will leave this forum. Here are a lot of people , a lot which i don't know. The people which i like and want to have contact with contact in Beth forum or on MSN. Also i am stopping make mods after request , i will release mod i WANT to release. There are some i will help further like AlienSlof and some others , but there are not many who need MY help.

so thanks

Edited by JazzJR, 25 January 2008 - 09:59 AM.