Attempted shapeshift stopped by enemy attack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Milbo-

-Milbo-

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

I don't know if this is just how it's meant to be, or if there's nothing that can be done about it. I was trying out having Cernd in the party, and as an enemy got close to him, I tried to shapeshift so I could fight effectively in melee. He got hit as he was doing the spell casting animation, and I got the Spell Failed: Casting Failure message. Cernd then said "I should use nature's magic. It is more reliable than this".

Would it be possible to make shapeshifts immune to casting failure? I'm using the Shapeshifting Fix: Heal on Shifting to Animal option, if that's at all relevant to this issue.

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

I'm pretty sure it's hardcoded and it happens the same way in the unmodded game.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Could something be done to put the shapeshifting in the casting effects instead of the normal spell header? That way it should work no matter what.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit