Split from [Release] BGT-WeiDU v1.05b

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:31 AM

Just wanted to thank you for this wonderful mod!
Best regards from Russia.)

#2 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

(It emphatically wasn't me. When the crucial part of a popular mod, even if it's the one I never use, hasn't been working for nigh three months, "wonderful" isn't the first word on my mind. )

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:18 AM

I don't really understand what you mean with that statement above, Kulyok... or rather, I fear I might do.

#4 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:17 AM

(It emphatically wasn't me. When the crucial part of a popular mod, even if it's the one I never use, hasn't been working for nigh three months, "wonderful" isn't the first word on my mind. )

??? I don't know what u're speaking about here Kulyok (the transition bug has been solved immediately after the 1.05b version). Hope u're just joking ... and, just in case i have the VERY SAME feeling about BGT-Weidu. It is simply wonderful, i add ... amazing :cheers:

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#5 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:47 AM

Downloads->Mega-Modifications->BGT-Weidu->Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU (1.05b)

Still with non-working transition.

"There's an attachment to a post on the forum, it's a patch, you should find it, download it, unpack it and install it" is a far cry from "solved immediately".

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

"There's an attachment to a post on the forum, it's a patch, you should find it, download it, unpack it and install it" is a far cry from "solved immediately".

No, or better .. not only that, it's pinned in this very topic ... just look at the beginning where it speaks about the mod and mod changes :devil:

mm75

#7 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:33 AM

Are you telling me that, assuming I don't know? :) I'm afraid that even if it's pinned seventy times in seventy threads, it's of little consequence, since many, if not most, users do not come to the forums for "download this patch" or "activate the console and change this variable" - they head straight to the download section. But now I'm assuming you don't know it, which is plain silly. So, I think I've said my piece - I rather suspect the version will be updated sooner because of it.

#8 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:33 PM

Are you telling me that, assuming I don't know? :) I'm afraid that even if it's pinned seventy times in seventy threads, it's of little consequence, since many, if not most, users do not come to the forums for "download this patch" or "activate the console and change this variable" - they head straight to the download section. But now I'm assuming you don't know it, which is plain silly. So, I think I've said my piece - I rather suspect the version will be updated sooner because of it.

I don't see the reason why u are so biased about BGT and u needed to blade a nice post of a user. Ascension64 helped ALL the BG community A LOT during this years and lately ... not only with his BGT project, RL is sucking up all his time ... that's why we don't have an update and a correct version about it. He doesn't deserve such posts from you for sure.
I really don't see your point here, i'm sorry, it seems u've been following BGT mod for just some weeks which is not the case i hope.

U say that users will go straight to the download section without reading any other post here? Well ... if so, when they find issues they will come back later on this forum. Users need to read and know what they are going to install, if they don't do this is their fault, not mine or anyone else ... and this is not silly FROM me, but from them eventually. U're guessing/saying that the users installing your mods won't have any issue and don't need to come to your forums??? I don't think so, u're not silly as i'm (your opinion).

Anyway, all these lines just to help a bit Ascension64 (which doesn't need any help or defence by me for sure) ... everyone should be kinder and more respectful with a person who gave so much to the community, not speaking about his kindness and availabilty to help always ...

Just my 2 cents for the best mod ever in my opinion and one of the best modder ever,

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 13 March 2008 - 11:38 PM.

#9 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

... or maybe just fix bugs in time?

#10 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:32 AM

... or maybe just fix bugs in time?

Because you dont have a life and have nothing better to do than create mods does not mean that other people are the same as you. Ascension64 has said a few times in threads that he is busy. I dont know why you think you have to start crap like this all the time and especially attacking Asecnsion64 like this is freaking rediculous.

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:46 AM

That is quite enough, thank you. If there is any more flaming in this thread it will be dealt with.

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:48 AM

@Kulyok: Well, you've got a long-standing problem with BGT-WeiDU and your fellow Russians. I'll let you deal with your fellow Russians. Your adversion against the former is well documented, so I don't think it's necessary to put in snide comments every once in a while you don your dress of megalomania.

Anyway, I already know that knowledge of the patch is a little on the lower side. That's why numerous people have asked about the transition not working, and numerous times someone has had to point to the relevant patch thread. It's not the cleanest way to errata the mod in a forum. While I understand Kulyok's point that an important part of the mod isn't working without the patch (and I don't need anyone to tell me this), karma had it that I wasn't ready to get 1.06 out before my degree started. Now that modding and my study (Medicine) are entwined once again, I find the latter more crucial in doing great for the community than the crucial error in a mod that at least has a workaround available for those who are troubled with the bug.

For those who are interested, the bug won't be fixed in the core package till 1.06 is out. I'd rather spend time working towards 1.06 than to waste it re-packaging and re-uploading another 1.05b.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#13 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:16 AM

Your adversion against the former is well documented, so I don't think it's necessary to put in snide comments every once in a while you don your dress of megalomania.

You can continue throwing insults, but it won't make your mod work any better.

For those who are interested, the bug won't be fixed in the core package till 1.06 is out. I'd rather spend time working towards 1.06 than to waste it re-packaging and re-uploading another 1.05b.

Well, if you're calling spending thirty minutes to help out thousands of users "wasting time", it speaks for itself.

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:35 AM

You can continue throwing insults, but it won't make your mod work any better.

Nor would it make it any worse, so it's really a moot point.

Well, if you're calling spending thirty minutes to help out thousands of users "wasting time", it speaks for itself.

You have your opinion. 30 min more towards v1.06 is going to help out thousands of users more than working retrograde for another v1.05b.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#15 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:47 AM

Calm down guys. I don't see the problem here.
The mod's working just fine. OK, it needs a patch to fix it, but many mods need patches to make 'em work properly.
Users of BGT will consult the Forum as soon as they find out something's not working.
And I also don't think, that users who never have looked inside this forum do even know BGT.
They will for shure come accross this forum

Then, there are many threads that mention the patch and besides that, the BiG World Guide of Leonardo is very helpful also for users that do not want to install a Megamod. If you take a look in the instructions, you find also the patch.

So, let's take some :cheers: and forget this. It's useless.
(I've heared that bananas can turn down aggressions :whistling: )

Marvin

Edited by Marvin, 19 March 2008 - 03:28 AM.

#16 jcompton

jcompton
  • Modder
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

don your dress of megalomania.

My conception of Kulyok's wardrobe is forever changed.