BGT Install

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 -Lsk-

-Lsk-

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

Hi, I tried to install BGt on a fresh installation of both BG-TOSC and BG2-TOB both patched to the right patch, but the installation doesn't end. I think the problem is "No translation provided for @100015" just after checking for .tlk files.
what can I do? both the games are italian.

#2 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

BGT wants to give you an error message ("Installation failed - problem detecting BG1 directory.") but the translation string is missing from Language/Italian/prompts.tra.
Double-check your BG1 game path.

#3 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

BGT wants to give you an error message ("Installation failed - problem detecting BG1 directory.") but the translation string is missing from Language/Italian/prompts.tra.
Double-check your BG1 game path.

mmmh... I have double/triple ecc ecc checked. I noticed in the output that the program uses / instead of \ in the part of the path I don't have to write. maybe is because of this?

#4 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

Shouldn't really matter under Windows.
We should probably wait for Ascension64 to sort this out.

Actually, I think BGT found your BG1 directory (or it would have failed in a different way).
When BGT gives you the error message could you check which if these files is not present?
(Directories are relative to your BG2 installation.)
- BGT/Input.txt
- BGT/bg1.tra
- BG1CRE/D2ISL.CRE

#5 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

Shouldn't really matter under Windows.
We should probably wait for Ascension64 to sort this out.

Actually, I think BGT found your BG1 directory (or it would have failed in a different way).
When BGT gives you the error message could you check which if these files is not present?
(Directories are relative to your BG2 installation.)
- BGT/Input.txt
- BGT/bg1.tra
- BG1CRE/D2ISL.CRE

mmmh... let's see...
- BGT/Input.txt - yep with the right path inside
- BGT/bg1.tra - present 3.311 kb
- BG1CRE/D2ISL.CRE - present both in the bg2 root

#6 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:54 PM

What do you mean with 'both'?
This is supposed to be one file named D2ISL.CRE in the BG1CRE directory inside the BG2 root.

If all of these files are present then I don't know what's wrong here.

#7 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

This is supposed to be one file named D2ISL.CRE in the BG1CRE directory inside the BG2 root.

er... that I have the file BG1CRE and the file D2ISL.CRE in the root of bg2...and also all the BG1creature (I assume) files in the bg2 root

#8 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

er... that I have the file BG1CRE and the file D2ISL.CRE in the root of bg2...and also all the BG1creature (I assume) files in the bg2 root

ok.. a problem is that BGT cannot create the bg1cre folder.. and I don't know why, but I resolved creating it manually..
the installer goes on and sits here
BGT/Modify/BAF/aAR0304.BAF] loaded, 2284 bytes

[BGT/Modify/BAF/aAR0304.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 21 column 43-43
Near Text linenums:0'>[BGT/Modify/BAF/aAR0304.BAF] loaded, 2284 bytes [BGT/Modify/BAF/aAR0304.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 21 column 43-43 Near Text: ) [ReallyForceSpellRES] not found in ACTION.IDS[BGT/Modify/BAF/aAR0304.BAF] ERROR at line 21 column 43-43Near Text: ) Parsing.Parse_errorERROR: parsing [BGT/Modify/BAF/aAR0304.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error[./override/AR0304.BCS] loaded, 1082 bytesExtended script [AR0304.BCS] with [BGT/Modify/BAF/aAR0304.BAF]Copying and patching 1 file ...[BGT/Compat/BGT/Replace/xAR0602.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 7 column 24-24Near Text: ) [SetCursorState] not found in ACTION.IDS[BGT/Compat/BGT/Replace/xAR0602.BAF] ERROR at line 7 column 24-24Near Text: ) Parsing.Parse_errorERROR: parsing [BGT/Compat/BGT/Replace/xAR0602.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_errorERROR: error compiling [BGT/Compat/BGT/Replace/xAR0602.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_errorERROR: [AR0602.BCS] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)Stopping installation because of error.

#9 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

Well, could you delete the BG1CRE as well as any other *.cre in the BG2 root and try again?
Oh, and what operating system are you using?

/Edit: Didn't read your last post, so scratch the above.
Somehow your action.ids is missing some actions.
Try using the attached one. (rename to action.ids and put it in override)

Attached Files

Edited by Taimon, 12 May 2008 - 03:20 PM.

#10 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:32 PM

Well, could you delete the BG1CRE as well as any other *.cre in the BG2 root and try again?

seems it's going... waiting :whistling:

#11 -LSK-

-LSK-

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:29 PM

seems it's going... waiting :whistling:

ok! Works! :ph34r:
Thank you for the file! :cheers:

#12 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

You may want to investigate why your action.ids was incomplete. Or just play the game. :)

#13 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:31 AM

What edition of BGII SoA and ToB are you using?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#14 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

mmmh... the ones raccomended in the install guide. installed from an italian DVD 3 in 1 boxset for SOA+TOB a 5+1 cd version for BG+TOSC
I played a little but in Candlekeep,and when the sentinel teleports me in the basement chrashes when the tasloi appears,only the red ring is displayed, no monster at all (missing texture?)

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

mmmh... the ones raccomended in the install guide. installed from an italian DVD 3 in 1 boxset for SOA+TOB a 5+1 cd version for BG+TOSC
I played a little but in Candlekeep,and when the sentinel teleports me in the basement chrashes when the tasloi appears,only the red ring is displayed, no monster at all (missing texture?)

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to. Can you show a screenshot?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#16 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

tomorrow, now I don't have the laptop where the game is installed.
But simply when the tasloi have to appear I can't see the monster itself, but only the red ring under him, meaning that is hostile. I think i'ts because the game cannot find the monter sprite or something like so.

#17 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:48 AM

tomorrow, now I don't have the laptop where the game is installed.
But simply when the tasloi have to appear I can't see the monster itself, but only the red ring under him, meaning that is hostile. I think i'ts because the game cannot find the monter sprite or something like so.

here it is!
Posted Image]

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:59 AM

Hmm, something might be weird with your BG1:TotSC Edition that makes BGT go funny. I'm not exactly sure how you can fix it. Are you experiencing any crashing?

--------------
Retired Modder

#19 -lsk-

-lsk-

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:03 AM

Hmm, something might be weird with your BG1:TotSC Edition that makes BGT go funny. I'm not exactly sure how you can fix it. Are you experiencing any crashing?

yep! here and after the meeting with kalid and jaheira at the friendly arm inn. I also have a 1 DVD + 1 CD BG+TOTSC. I might try with this one

#20 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:08 AM

yep! here and after the meeting with kalid and jaheira at the friendly arm inn. I also have a 1 DVD + 1 CD BG+TOTSC. I might try with this one

OK, let me know how that goes.

--------------
Retired Modder