Photo

Romance stopped - Where is Avery?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gummy

Gummy
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

Hi. Well I've been through a lot of love talks and now all I'm getting are repeated flirts (Nathaniel looks your way, etc..) Are you supposed to receive a messenger or letter letting Nanthaniel know that Avery is in Trademeet? I've seen a lot of mention about this on the forums, but I've never received any messenger or anything. Am I supposed to get a visit from Latimer first? The romance seems to have stalled completely.  Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

#2 Gummy

Gummy
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:52 AM

Can nobody answer this? Is the mod bugged? Do I need to go to a specific location to trigger the event?

#3 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:38 AM

Yes, you're supposed to receive a letter from a messenger before meeting Avery or Latimer. I don't think it's location-specific. Perhaps you haven't gone through all the necessary talks yet. If I remember correctly there are a couple of talks that are triggered by resting outdoors.

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:18 AM

I have the same problem... Like a never-ending flirt with nothing really to follow (after the vampire-scar talk and new options added that is) I've been running around for quite some time now, talked with Nath an outstanding number of times... and that's it. Quite dissapointing :(
So maybe... what are the requirements of going forward with the romance? Which talk/situations/chapter/etc?

Thanks.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Is it possible that having Nathaniel ressurected after he gets killed is the cause? I read somewhere it ends the romance with the character, however, I do not remember happening that when I played earlier, with 'official' NPC's...

Now I got involved and don't want to continue like that, ya know ;) It's a great mod since the beggining, so let me say: awesome work!

#6 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

After the vampire scar, did you get the apology? If not, try resting outdoors. You still have a couple of talks to go before Terl, I reckon. The talk that is supposed to trigger Terl's arrival is when Nath says he is going to let Latimer go.

I don't think there are any specific chapters or situations you have to be in, other than not being in the Underdark. Nath dying shouldn't be a problem either. I think Imprisonment does kill the romance however.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

Yes, you're right, that one is the last talk that occurs, my mistake.
I have no more ideas... Maybe he doesn't like mages :(
Thanks however.

Hope someone will find a solution after encountering the same problem.

#8 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

Try CLUAing Terl into the game. That might work.

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("fhterl")

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

Tried... :)
'Has nothing to say to you'

#10 Neysa

Neysa
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

Try to use Shadow Keeper and add  new line: FHTERLARRIVE( set Value as 1) Terl should immediately appear after save loading.
"It's physic
It's cynic
Still cynic
All my laughter"

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

Sorry to keep you waiting for this, Neysa: wielkie dzięki, pomogło :)

The romance went as it should for quite some time now... at least until Nath came to sleep with my pc for the first time. After that the 'bug', I guess, depends on my... speed:
- if I agree to do something more than just sleep pretty soon (or immediately), two things happen: the first 'morning' talk <get up/ rest another 8h> is ok, but each next... well, is replaced with the dialogue menu you normally get when you click on Nathaniel (and I don't think it should be like that, but maybe?); and after that, in about three minutes or so, Nathaniel will stop and turn at the pc, but say nothing - and after that, I cannot initiate the dialogue with him anymore :(
- if I wait with our 'first time', the second part of this bug will just happen, but in a longer while

P.S. The bug when Latimer appears and the presence of Viconia crashes the dialogue a bit also happened to me, so I loaded a previuos save and kicked her out, but the bug ^ happened anyway.

Despite my problems, I really enjoy the mod. A lot of good work, writing, voice, romance, it's all great. And that's way I ask for help instead of risking it because of some kind of bug ;)