Translation Files and Status

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

This thread will be stickied and will contain all the files required for a translation, and an updated status for each translation. Let's keep casual conversation about the files to the running Translation thread: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=34236

I'm putting this up so that if someone else wants to translate the game to their language, they can come here to one spot and get everything they need without wading through a 7 page post to find it all.

A complete translation of the third iteration of my mods requires these files to be translated:

fixpack.tra
subtitles.tra
ub.tra
dcheats.tra
MorteTeeth.tra
sounds.tra
qtweaks.tra
SaveNordom.tra

Those are the bare minimum to get the mods working in a given language. It's not as much as it looks, some of those files are tiny. And the bulk of fixpack.tra is spell descriptions which can be copied from the same strref of the base translation and just have the casting speed corrected.

I'm also hoping to have the Readmes translated. I have produced shorter versions of the Fixpack and UB readmes for easier translating (the Tweak Pack is already as short as it can be). Translating these will require working around HTML tags, but that doesn't seem to be causing anyone any problems so far, let me know if it is. Note that I'm probably -not- going to ask for readmes to be updated every new version, unless the install procedure actually changes.

PSTFixpack_Readme_Translation.html
PSTUB_Readme_Translation.html
QPSTTweaks_Readme.html

Lastly, I need the following three lines translated for each language, please, with the translator and language obviously needing to be replaced for each:

~Readme Viewer~

~Would you like to view the Readme (Translated into Italian by Yakkuz)? [Y]es, [N]o:~

~Italian translation for the Readme is not yet available. Would you like to view the English Readme? [Y]es, [N]o:~

I can't change the letter options for each language, so for example, in Spanish, it'll have to be [Y]Si, [N]No.

Attached Files

Edited by Qwinn, 21 December 2008 - 07:51 PM.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

CURRENT STATUS, as of August 12, next release pending completion:

Fixpack Version 2.0 as well as the other two mods will contain spanish, italian and german translations. If someone can give me all of the above files for another language within the next few days, I'll be happy to put them in, but I'm not really expecting it at the moment. The next versions will be released as soon as those 3 are complete.

Spanish Translation - Complete (thanks Ghildrean and palafoxx!)

German Translation - Complete (thanks to Homisite, Zenju, Doctor Who, Avantenor, Arkain!) except for subtitles.tra and sounds.tra (currently assigned to Clan Dlan), and the 3 readmes, assigned via PMs.

Italian Translation - Complete (thanks to Yakkuz!) except for subtitles.tra, sounds.tra (currently assigned to Clan Dlan) and the UB and Tweak Pack Readmes (Yakkuz working on those).

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 13 August 2008 - 07:38 AM.

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

Okay, the translation files have been updated for 3.0. (Of course, the best way to get the most current version of the file, in case I messed something up in this post, is to get them from the mods themselves).

The actual changes I just made are:

Removed dscales.tra entirely, as it is no longer used.
Updated qtweaks.tra to remove the no-longer-necessary stuff regarding the Class Armor fix and Scale of Souls. The only lines in it now are for the install procedure.
Updated sounds.tra to include all the restored banters.

I'd rather not post the XPDeionarra.tra, as it is hugely spoilerific. If someone gets all the rest done for a translation, feel free to let me know and I'll send it to you.

Still need XPDeionarra.tra translated into Italian.

I did not request any updates of the readmes in any existing languages to 3.0. If someone is willing to do so, please let me know.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 21 December 2008 - 08:00 PM.

#4 -Avantenor-

-Avantenor-

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

I took a short look over subtitles.tra, aren't they already in the game? I remember that sentences. I just can't remember if it was a voice file or text, but I know them. Should be adopted to the existing ones.

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

They are voice-only lines. The purpose of the subtitles component is to actually write them (and pop up dialogue boxes with them) so that they can be translated.

Qwinn

#6 -Avantenor-

-Avantenor-

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

They are voice-only lines. The purpose of the subtitles component is to actually write them (and pop up dialogue boxes with them) so that they can be translated.

Qwinn

How can I track the voice files you need? Because it wouldn't make sense to translate the english sentences, if there is already a german translation that only needs to be written down.

#7 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

I presume that means you're more comfortable translating german than english? I can't see another basis for what you're saying there.

You'd need to get them from someone with the german version of the game. The problem is, a lot of the sound files weren't really re-voiced properly. Some of them are inexplicably just copies of other lines (so that effectively you just get fewer lines than you do in english). Homisite did the subtitled cutscenes translation into German. Might want to PM him and ask about it.

Oh, and a poster named Shambelle was looking into doing a French translation, so might want to PM her as well.

Qwinn

#8 -Avantenor-

-Avantenor-

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

I was talking about the german translation. You wrote above, that subtitle.tra is not yet done in german, but assigned to Clan DLAN. My assumption was that Clan DLAN is a spanish community. I am German, so I would have no problem in writing down a german voice file and that would have been closer to the official translation than a selfmade translation.

But if HomiSite already did the whole thing I guess there is nothing left to do.

#9 -Avantenor-

-Avantenor-

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

Ah, okay. I see.

Just opened PsT in Near Infinity and recognized that you already named the voice files in subtitle.tra. Sry, didn't get that, haven't used NI for a long time.

#10 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

Heh, okay, yeah, I -thought- you were one of the german translators... I was getting confused! I thought maybe you knew both german and french, or something (since others have been discussing the french translation recently).

But yeah, Homisite already handled that one. Thanks anyway!

(The only thing I can think of that still needs translating in German is the readmes)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 22 April 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#11 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:03 AM

Fixed polish translation (without readme, we usually don't translate readmes) ;-)

Attached Files

Edited by yarpen, 11 June 2009 - 01:23 AM.

#12 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

Yarpen: Awesome! Great job, thanks! Any plans to translate UB/Tweak Pack as well? If so, let me know, and I'll try to provide you with the latest files for translation, soon as I get a chance.

Qwinn

#13 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

Tweak Pack is done with exeption of Save Nordom, but I don't want to translate PS:T UB because... I really want to play with it and really enjoy it without spoilers. :P But now I've got a big problem with your Fixpack. I've translated it because few days ago there was a big release (after 6 years) of Planescape: Torment re-edition. And there's problem, because it's on one DVD and I've got a report that after installing your Fixpack, there's request for 2nd and 4th CD. :( I know that there are heavy engine patches - is there any workaround or solution for that? I know that's maybe not the best topic for that, but... kheh.

#14 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

Huh. That's odd. It may have to do with scient's engine fixes, but I'm guessing that it could be solved by modifying the paths in the Torment.ini file.

Can you tell me the size of your Torment.exe (from this recent re-release)? From what you describe, I'm guessing it is using the same .exe as the 4CD patched edition.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 11 June 2009 - 01:06 PM.

#15 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

5713981 bytes.

And that's the end of Torment.ini

[Alias]
HD0:=D:\Gry\Planescape\
CD1:=D:\Gry\Planescape\CD2
CD2:=D:\Gry\Planescape\CD2
CD3:=D:\Gry\Planescape\CD2
CD4:=D:\Gry\Planescape\CD2
CD5:=D:\Gry\Planescape\CD2

EDIT: as far as I remember, with BG Saga re-release, CD-Project changed weight of .exe file.

After looking at DEBUG file, there's a lot of lines like this:
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\Gry\Planescape\CD2/CS_0900.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [D:\Gry\Planescape\/CS_0900.bif]

Edited by yarpen, 11 June 2009 - 01:14 PM.

#16 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

Yep. That's the patched 4CD .exe. Or, at least, it's the exact same size and thus the engine patcher assumes that's what it is.

Very weird that it's asking for other disks when the paths are all the same in the Torment.ini. Yeah, I think scient's going to need to take a look at that.

And don't worry about those BIFF messages, we all get them.

Qwinn

#17 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

Okay, thanks for help. I hope that soon it could be fixed. :)

#18 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

No problem. I PM'd scient pointing to your post. I'm actually a bit worried here. If the .exe they released is the exact same as the 4CD patched exe, then I suspect it probably won't be a big problem. But if it's the exact same size -and- they made some changes to it to account for it all being on one CD, it may be tougher to resolve. Not insurmountable... but, bleah.

I suspect you'll probably be asked to upload a zipped up (.RAR) copy of the Torment.exe with the new version, so we can compare and see if it -is- the same or not. Or just email it to me at pescalona@verizon.net, and I'll pass it on to scient. Thanks.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 11 June 2009 - 01:30 PM.

#19 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

No problem. I PM'd scient pointing to your post. I'm actually a bit worried here. If the .exe they released is the exact same as the 4CD patched exe, then I suspect it probably won't be a big problem. But if it's the exact same size -and- they made some changes to it to account for it all being on one CD, it may be tougher to resolve. Not insurmountable... but, bleah.

I suspect you'll probably be asked to upload a zipped up (.RAR) copy of the Torment.exe with the new version, so we can compare and see if it -is- the same or not. Or just email it to me at pescalona@verizon.net, and I'll pass it on to scient. Thanks.

Qwinn

Well, the exe is exactly the same as v1.1 4cd version with two changes. They killed the cd check and changed a string "NOTE:" to "UWAGA". That's it. Does UWAGA mean anything?

Could you post a copy of exe after you've applied the fixpack? I'd like to see why it's failing. Also, do you have a file "genmovA.bif" on the dvd?

edit:
A solution would be to skip over applying my updated cd check if at offset 0x3A0FC bytes are "B0 01 C3". The Polish version with no cd already applied and not applying my updated one won't interfere with the other patch data. I dunno why only "NOTE:" was patched when there are plenty of other English strings inside exe. However I don't have any patches which would modify it so isn't and issue.

Edited by scient, 28 June 2009 - 10:37 AM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#20 -E_1aY-

-E_1aY-

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

>>They killed the cd check and changed a string "NOTE:" to "UWAGA". That's it. Does UWAGA mean anything?

http://translate.goo...e_t#pl|en|UWAGA
Attention probably=)