Translation Files and Status

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

There is functionality in the engine that detects the word "NOTE:" within dialogues and colors any text following it differently. You see this a lot during the walkthrough with Morte in the mortuary.

Scient, do you mean that if you have the polish version, I should skip the engine patches labeled:

PATCH_PRINT ~Creating engine space for new functions.~
PATCH_PRINT ~Engine Patched at Offset: 0x3A0FC~

and

// When waiting for PST cd to be put in, patches cd/dvd drive letter display to 'drive' (default if it can't find one)
PATCH_PRINT ~Creating more engine space for new functions.~
PATCH_PRINT ~Engine Patched at Offset: 0x3A40F~

and

// 4cd *ONLY* -> changes call to location of above function in 4cd code to match 2cd so in future offsets are same for both
// search: E8 FD AD DC FF
// replace: E8 C5 AD DC FF

PATCH_IF Q_VER = 4
BEGIN
SPRINT "Q_Patch_Name" ~2. Fix to synchronize function offsets between 2CD and 4CD versions~

?

Soon as you tell me it's okay to skip those 3 in the polish version (it's the 3rd I'm not sure about) then I can upload a version of EngineFixes.tph that should install properly for them.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 28 June 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#22 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

PATCH_PRINT ~Creating engine space for new functions.~
PATCH_PRINT ~Engine Patched at Offset: 0x3A0FC~

You only need to skip this one. While patching the other two areas is redundant it doesn't really matter. The no cd will prevent it from ever getting there (or at least it should). Since all the patches in that are are based on offsets it won't be a big deal whether my cd check code is there or not.

Also, thank you for translation. :D

I figured it was polish for note, I just found it odd that was the only string they changed. They also didn't add the colon.

Edited by scient, 28 June 2009 - 05:15 PM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#23 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

I'd say it really is a special case. It looks for that string in dialogue and recolors everything after it. I'm pretty sure it's the only pattern you can put in dialogue that makes it display differently. I can't think of any other strings in the engine that actually display or change the display.

They probably didn't include the colon because it lacked the space to do so. I'd actually be concerned that the word UGAWA can be found elsewhere in the polish translation and it'll recolor everything after it in normal dialogue. The colon keeps that from happening in english. If it's case sensitive, though, then that would probably suffice.

Qwinn

#24 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

Yarpen, try the following file. What you'll need to do is, after you extract my mods into your Torment directory, extract the attached file into the PST-Fix/tph directory, overwriting the one that's there. Then try to install the Fixpack. See if this works out for you.

Qwinn

Attached Files

Edited by Qwinn, 29 June 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#25 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:38 AM

It works, but did we lost something good because of that? ;)

#26 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:46 AM

Nope, not at all. If you want the details, here's a brief explanation of what isn't being installed in your game:

Scient needs room somewhere in the engine to make all his wonderful changes. We can't just deactivate the CD check code because that would be illegal, but scient found that the code that does it is very inefficient. He made it efficient and wrote code that could do the same job but taking up only about 30% of the room in the engine. This gave him a big nice chunk of room where he could put in any new functions needed by our other fixes.

Your polish version seems to come with the cd check turned off altogether. Basically, your game came with a no-cd crack preinstalled. As such, you don't need -any- of the cd check code at all, and scient could theoretically overwrite any of it because it never actually gets accessed. But installing his 30%-sized cd check code was effectively undoing the preinstalled no-cd crack your version comes with, and why you had problems.

The only thing the version I gave you does is, detect if it's the polish version and if it is, don't overwrite the cd-check code. There's no need. None of it will ever be accessed, and scient's engine functions can be written there without any issues.

Hmm. That wasn't as brief as I hoped it would be.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 30 June 2009 - 03:19 AM.

#27 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:46 AM

Is 4cd edition "better" then 2CD edition? Probably there isn't best place to ask, but what the difference?

Thanks for Your great work

Edited by @vGur, 12 August 2009 - 06:48 AM.

#28 W. Irving

W. Irving
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:25 AM

Hello,

As you can see, it's my first post on this forum. I registered because I reinstalled PS:T yesterday and knew that those beautiful tweaks and fixes were out there.

I was let down a bit when I saw that there's no Polish version yet in the official releases. So I took out the .tras from the latest Fixes, Tweks and UB and started translating.

As of now, I've done basically all of them except for MorteTeeth and XPDeionarra, as they require a bit more work (or can I find some MorteTeeth dialogue in dialog.tlk?). Nevertheless, I should be done in a few days and just letting you know.

I also see that yarpen did the fixpack already, but I found some minor errors in his .tra. Maybe he could check mine as well when I post them along with Tweaks and Unfinished Business.

I also found some questionable things/bugs?(unlikely, given the polished nature of these mods) during the brief time that I was working on them and I'll post my doubts in the accompanying thread shortly.

I must also say that I really enjoyed the work on SaveNordom, as it fits the original character quite well, and transcribing Morte's Mortuary moments from the voiceovers I didn't even knew existed. Comedy gold right there.

#29 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

About bugs and errors in translation, that's qool. Squash them! :D

#30 Refiler

Refiler
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

The russian translation
Credits for translation to: Macbeth and Refiler

Attached Files

#31 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

Awesome, you even translated everything in v4.0! Thanks tons, Refiler and Macbeth!

...I hate to ask now, lol, but I need a liiiiitle tiny bit more... version 4.1 may be coming out very soon, and it had some updates to just the fixpack.tra. Could you possibly update it for that? That would be awesome... I can't even think of doing it on my own, as I don't have the russian character set installed and am scared to even open up your tra files and wiping the special characters out.

The v4.1 fixpack.tra is attached to this post. The new strings are:

@10605
@26067
@59821
@59822
@59823
@61680

The last 5 are all Entropic Blade descriptions, and all it does is change the description stats to match the actual stats of the weapons, the flavor text should stay the same as in the original russian translation.

Thanks lots! Always great to have the Russians on board ;)

Qwinn

Attached Files

Edited by Qwinn, 22 January 2010 - 12:23 AM.

#32 Refiler

Refiler
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

To you thanks for PST-Fix, PST-Tweak, PST-UB. fixpack.tra we will update

#33 Refiler

Refiler
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

Qwinn
If You will have something more to add - just tell me. It is not a problem. Really.

Attached Files

#34 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

*cheer* Thanks again! :)

That's german, russian, polish, spanish and italian now :) Although the italian one really really needs updating, hasn't been touched since version 1.0, I've tried to use internet translations where I could but ya know how good *those* are.

Wasn't there a couple people talking about doing a french translation?

Qwinn

#35 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:01 AM

Do you need these lines (or at least @10605) also for the german version? Then I will update the recent 4.1 revision.

#36 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:21 AM

@10605, yes, that would be great, thanks. I covered the others from the official german translation, just changing the stats.

Qwinn

#37 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:48 AM

Done!

#38 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

Updated Russian translation for 3 PST mods from Macbeth and Refiler. :cheers:

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#39 Yakkuz

Yakkuz
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hi mates!

I see that the devlopement is still continuing beside the mods are nearly perfect/complete.

Do you need some updating on the translations of readme files or game files?

#40 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Do you need some updating on the translations of readme files or game files?

Language?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon