BiG World Project (BWP) v5.7

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#21 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

@ Silinde

Well, then all modders would be kindly suggested to change the name of the updated mods, in order others (and the installation tool) to know they're updated. ...

It is not so complicated as you think. The tool has other ways to check the recent version in a fast way, as we can do. It is easier for me to say, that the tool can see if the recent version is available or not as to explain you the whole process how the tool works in this case. :)

@ aVENGER
Thanks for both reports, the new RR version and your great support for other mods with RR. We really like your compatible mods and be sure we follow your advises. :cheers:

@ Mayaserana
Thanks, we will correct it and Jarno is completely right. :)

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

Edited by Leomar, 28 May 2009 - 03:07 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#22 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

It is not so complicated as you think. The tool has other ways to check the recent version in a fast way, as we can do. It is easier for me to say, that the tool can see if the recent version is available or not as to explain you the whole process how the tool works in this case. smile.gif

In that case, it's even better! You don't need to explain, I trust you and thanks for the reply! :cheers: This install tool sounds freaking awesome! :D

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#23 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

13.32. Konalan's Tweaks v1
were added by the Updated News.

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

Edited by Leomar, 05 June 2009 - 07:39 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#24 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

23.03. BGT Tweak Pack (BGT Tweaks) v8

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 17 February 2009 - 07:54 PM.

- Chevalier

#25 PinchIt

PinchIt
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

Hoping someone associated with BWP can answer this question for me.
How does the BWP auto installer handle the skipping of components in certain mods, because of earlier mods installed and what if that earlier mod is not installed?
For example, what happens if you have not installed the mod or component of an earlier mod that causes a later occurring mod component to be skipped as per the PDF instructions?
In other words, you cause a ?skipped component as per PDF? to not be a skipped on actual install because of lesser mods.
Can this be a problem for the auto installer that needs some attention or not?
Thanks for your help.
If you can't buy it, PinchIt!!! So said PinchIt the Halfling!!!

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

For example, what happens if you have not installed the mod or component of an earlier mod that causes a later occurring mod component to be skipped as per the PDF instructions?

Well, I would say that the later mod is installed, if it's in the game directory. And that doesn't cause any issues, as all the other mod aren't needed but can be freely installed(except the once in the tp1-check; BGT and few others, but even they can be skipped, if you intend to not play the BG1 or it's mods).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#27 who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

I have completed the install for BWP V5.7 (seems ok) however I am having an issue with the responsiveness. As soon as I got outside CandleKeep, if I click to walk anywhere I can hear the characters walking but the screen is frozen for a few seconds and then is is choppy. Combat was down to a couple frames a second. I have tried everything I can think of with my NVidia GeForce, spent many hours. Read forums even read "IE games and NVidia Series 8 video cards" and performed steps there. The game is lightning quick until I get to a play screen. The odd thing is I just completed very recently a TuTu game, and it was amazingly smooth and fast... Not understanding. Anyone else running into issues? Oh yeah, and changing the resolution makes no real difference, tried them all.

Also when I go to High Hedge I keep getting "An Assertion failed in CHVidImage3d.cpp at line number 899" click ok and program has crashed, Happens every time.

Edited by who_is_daniel, 01 February 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#28 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

Also when I go to High Hedge I keep getting "An Assertion failed in CHVidImage3d.cpp at line number 899" click ok and program has crashed, Happens every time.

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38276

#29 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

I have completed the install for BWP V5.7 (seems ok) however I am having an issue with the responsiveness. As soon as I got outside CandleKeep, if I click to walk anywhere I can hear the characters walking but the screen is frozen for a few seconds and then is is choppy. Combat was down to a couple frames a second. I have tried everything I can think of with my NVidia GeForce, spent many hours. Read forums even read "IE games and NVidia Series 8 video cards" and performed steps there. The game is lightning quick until I get to a play screen. The odd thing is I just completed very recently a TuTu game, and it was amazingly smooth and fast... Not understanding. Anyone else running into issues? Oh yeah, and changing the resolution makes no real difference, tried them all.

Did you disable the ambient sounds and use the biffing?

More...

0. Always patch the game(s) with the latest patch, start a new game and exit after the game has auto-saves itself(so you have to make a char or choose a pre-made one), before you do any moding, and you might as well make a safe backup from the important files: data and override folders, baldur.exe, BGMain.exe, dialog.tlk and CHITIN.key .
1. Put the ambient sounds off from the BGConfic.exe, as some of the areas might have no ambient sounds and so the game tries to start them many time continuously, and so looses processing power.
2. Don't mess with the game configurations so the speed adjustment percentages stay on "normal" ratings even if you have very high end machine, as the game has own it's internal fps counter, it sometimes tries to correct the fps on it's own by lowering graphs etc. Also the games frame rate should be set to about 30, as that's the default.
3. I wouldn't recommend to install any of the speaking item mods, as they run their scripts and fire their comments everywhere, and that's bad for the fps(frames/second count).
4. Delete the old files from the Cache folder time to time.
5. Inventory management(no stacks that have more than about 200 items, in a bag, arrows etc.), -might help.
6. Trying to avoid too many effects on a character(about 20 is fine, 200 is too many, and 20 000 is way way too many...)
7. De-fragmenting your hard drive might also help... as you don't have to go find the data in the pieces. (hmm, there is a joke in there, hih)
8. Install the mods in correct order, and make sure you started from a clean install, so there is no leftovers from old mods, by deleting the old mod files, the data and override folders(don't go and overwrite them), helpful links for for Tutu and BGT(the .pdf files) -based Megamods.
9. It might be a good idea to biff your override folder, but do that knowing that you generally can't change the game much after. Or use the End_biff from here.

PS, you need to do the last part before you install the Widescreen mod

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 01 February 2009 - 09:30 PM.

#30 PinchIt

PinchIt
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:12 AM

Thanks Jarno Mikkola,
Just to clarify and these are just quick examples,
Page 117 of the PDF

SKIPPING 3080 [Faster Bears]?
Skipping this component as the equivalent SCSI component is already installed

I don't have SCSI installed so the installer will not skip this component, so I will have to adjust the installer file if I still do not want this component.
AND
Page 92 of the PDF

SKIPPING 14 [Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond)]?
If TDD is installed already, this step is skipped because this component already exists.

I don't have TDD installed but I want this component installed so I don't have to alter the installer file? :wacko:
Thanks Again...
If you can't buy it, PinchIt!!! So said PinchIt the Halfling!!!

#31 who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

So would uninstalling the Widescreen mod help or am I screwed?

#32 who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:16 AM

How would I edit the install.bat file to install the No Restrictions option for BGTweaks (as opposed to partial restrictuins, and sensible weapons from Ashes of Embers (and spell-50) ? If I am going to have to re-do this darn install might as well do it correct.

Also how do I not install the option for no perminate NPC deaths, I actualy like having the perminat death, it really adds a feeling of danger and excitement into the game.

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:57 AM

I'll let Leomar answer your questions, as I don't know the technical aspects...

So would uninstalling the Widescreen mod help or am I screwed?

The uninstallation will help a bit, and after that doing as the my Mini infopack says does definitely.

How would I edit the install.bat file to install the No Restrictions option for BGTweaks (as opposed to partial restrictions, and sensible weapons from Ashes of Embers (and spell-50) ? If I am going to have to re-do this darn install might as well do it correct.

Also how do I not install the option for no permanent NPC deaths, I actually like having the permanent death, it really adds a feeling of danger and excitement into the game.

Well, if you wish to alter the installation composition, you just open the "BiG World Project.bat" with text editor and change the numbers and mod names in it to your liking. Of course this needs a bit of coding knowledge, but it should be easy if you compare the .bat with this, and to help with the numbers thisis a good reference. The second linked page has the numbers stored under almost every mod, although they might be a bit old. ...
Now the BiG_World_v5.7_beta__english.pdf also has some info on this all in the page 13, so please read the pages 1 to 14, again.

#34 who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Page 124 of the PDF install guide says

"2151 2] No Restrictions
This component can currently not be installed together with the SCS-component Harder end-ofchapter-
5 battle because of a faulty SCS file"

I REALLLLLLLY want NO RESTRICTIONS, so what would happen if I installed it, would the game crash at the Chapter 5 battle? Would they just be wearing better gear?

#35 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

Page 124 of the PDF install guide says

"2151 2] No Restrictions
This component can currently not be installed together with the SCS-component Harder end-ofchapter-
5 battle because of a faulty SCS file"

I REALLLLLLLY want NO RESTRICTIONS, so what would happen if I installed it, would the game crash at the Chapter 5 battle? Would they just be wearing better gear?

You mean protection items, nothing, I have both installed, I'm also not sure what was supposed to happen.

#36 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:33 AM

10.01. BG1 Unfinished Business (BG1UB) v7

@ who_is_daniel

This and your text above this sentence sounds like you have installed manually or have not installed the BiG World Fixpack, because the "Item Revisions" fix for the "High Hedge CTD" is included in the recent version of the BW Fixpack.

Also how do I not install the option for no perminate NPC deaths, I actualy like having the perminat death, it really adds a feeling of danger and excitement into the game.

Remove the component number in the Install.bat. All component numbers are listed in the BWP guide, so you can see, which component number it is.

That are no game play restrictions. These are important compatibility restrictions. If you remove them, you will get problems and could destroy your whole installation.

@ PinchIt

I don't have SCSI installed so the installer will not skip this component, so I will have to adjust the installer file if I still do not want this component.

If you don't want this component, then all is fine. Otherwise you must add the component number 3080 in the following line in the Install.bat:
%IFES%scsII%S%scsII%L%0%SK% 1000 2000 2010 2020 2030 2041 2050 2060 2070 2080 2090 2100 2110 3040 3080 4000 4010 4030 4040 5000 5010 6000 6010 6021 6030 6040 6051 6061 6070 6081 6090 6101 6110 6120 6130 6135 6140 6151 6161 6171 6181 6191 6201 6210 6220 6230 6240 6250 6260 6270 | %M%

I don't have TDD installed but I want this component installed so I don't have to alter the installer file?

In this case you get the Level-50 ruleset of BP and you must nothing change in the Install.bat.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 17 February 2009 - 07:54 PM.

- Chevalier

#37 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:56 AM

@Leomar

That are no game play restrictions. These are important compatibility restrictions. If you remove them, you will get problems and could destroy your whole installation.

Greetings Leomar

That is Wear multiple protection items component and what is so horrible about it?. I have them together and the battle went normal.

#38 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:19 AM

@Leomar

Greetings Leomar

That is Wear multiple protection items component and what is so horrible about it?. I have them together and the battle went normal.

That's because the BWP instructions are out of date here: that particular bug in the SCS component was fixed in SCSv9.

#39 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:42 AM

hi, i've dwl-ed RE_v4.exe from marvin's list and my avira antivir popped (DR/Agent.blqq.1) and http://www.virustota...e5f2af9cc3471ff
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=16687

Is this something I should worry about?

Edited by neutrowave, 03 February 2009 - 07:51 AM.

#40 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

hi, i've dwl-ed RE_v4.exe from marvin's list and my avira antivir popped (DR/Agent.blqq.1) ...[/url]

Is this something I should worry about?

I doubt it, as there are several forms of coding that works like a virus, but it's not. Now, one of the latest WeiDU.exe apparently has some code that resembles a kind of a virus, so you'll get a warning from everyone of the virus scanners(F-secure says it also)... but bit's not a real one, after all why would the_bigg want it... So I say no, you don't need to worry about it.

Over the years it seems that once every six months or so, one of the virus scanners is bound to misinterpret a RAR or SFX mod package as containing a virus.

Although it has happened for real on occasion, usually they are false alarms. If you do encounter one that is confirmed by other software to be a false alarm, take the time to alert the virus scanner developer of the false positive--it helps them refine their definitions and, hopefully, prevent similar mistakes from cropping up in the future. Generally they have either an e-mail address or Web form where they ask you to report the false positive and attach the offending file.

From here.