• This topic is locked This topic is locked
663 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

BiG World Project (BWP) v9

Entire installation instructions for the Baldur's Gate Megamod

For German gamers you can visit our German forum.

The BiG World Project aims to merge all games of the Baldur's Gate series and the additional contents created by its community in one massive adventure, including a modification of BG1 to run BG1 with the more modern engine of BG2, plus the added functionality of ToB expansion. Now all new functions which are introduced only with BG2 are also available for BG1. This signifies, BG1 uses just like BG2 the same graphic arts, the same character kits, the same magic and the same rules. Now even for those which know BG1 by heart this is a new play experience. Besides, it also includes an additional transition from BG1 to BG2. And all this can expanded with additional mods.

BiG World Project is constantly going through changes to acquire a more stable and bug free version with every new update.

All what you need to start with is the BiG World Setup (click me).

The current instructions (in English, in German, in Spanish) are divided into the following versions:

BGT Minimal-version
This minimal installation is very easy and fast done. You don't need anything to know about the BG mods. Install this version to play BG1 with the BG2 game engine until the end of ToB. We recommend this version to gamers, who has not played BG, yet. Only the BiG World Setup will offer this version and it depends on the Standard-version. The following mods will be installed with this version:
BG2 Fixpack, Baldur's Gate Trilogy and Restored Textscreen Music with the Language Pack.

Recommend-version
The recommend mods depends on recommendations from gamers and modders from different BG game forums. This version is a small megamod and a solid basis. This version alone gives you much new game-experience and content and if you wish you can add some more of your lovely choosen mods to it. Only the BiG World Setup will offer this version and it depends on the Standard-version. The mods for this version are marked green in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Standard-version
Herewith you can install all mods which have not an absurd degree of difficulty or known bugs. You can take all these Standard-mods or choose the ones, you like. The Install.bat installs only the mods you have extracted into the BG2 main directory. The mods for this version are marked green and blue in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Tactic-version
With this installation you can add mods and components to the Standard-version that make above all the fights with the enemies more difficult and, therefore, are thought for experienced gamers. The mods for this version are marked orange in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

Expert-version
This version tries to fathom the feasible and includes all available mods of the Standard- and the Tactic-version and additional the mods, which are bugged at the moment. You have a 100% chance of running into bugs and/or CTDs (crash to desktop). The mods for this version are marked grey in the Linklist and the BiG World Setup.

With the "BiG World Setup" you can do a BG2 only installation with all these versions, too (except the BGT Minimal-Version).

This project is in development. Beginners should keep absolutely to the instructions, while experienced players with some efforts, tests and bugfixing can also create their own version of the BiG World.

Step by Step Instructions

BG1 installation
- Make a full installation of BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast
- Should be installed in C:\Games\Baldur's Gate
- Patch it with BioWare’s official ToSC patch v5512
- Start BG1, make your settings, create a character and make a quicksave with Q in Candlekeep
- Quit the game

BG2 installation
- Make a full installation of BG2 and Throne of Bhaal
- Should be installed in C:\Games\BGII - SoA
- Patch it with BioWare’s official ToB patch v26498
- Start BG2 and ToB, make your settings, create a character and after the autosave quit the game

Important: Don't change the BG graphic-options or not more then 1024x768. You can get crashs to desktops (CTDs) if you take a higher resolution as 1024x768. When you want to play in a higher resolution take the Widescreen Mod.
If you want to use the Widescreen mod try out several resolutions until you found one that's optimal. It's probably better to do the testing on a clean BG2 install first (which shouldn't take long on a modern computer), to get a feel for the viewable area as well as text clarity, and then reply the selected resolution during the installation (you will be asked for it).

Begin the installation
  • Download the BiG World Setup
  • Execute the "BiG_World_Setup.exe" and follow the on-screen instructions
  • The whole installation could take 2 until 12 and more hours, depending on how many mods you chose and how fast your computer and internet-connection is
  • Start "Baldur's Gate II" and choose your game

Note:
The BWP-Tools were created for Windows 2000 upward, so you can use them on Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, only.

The BiG World Project contains the following:
- BiG World PDF-Manual (in Englisch, German and Spanish)
- BiG World Setup (for an easy installation)
- BiG World Installpack (contains the installation commands)
- BiG World Fixpack (fixes bugs in mods)
- BiG World Textpack (for foreign languages (currently in German and in Spanish))
- Lollorian's Kit-Guide (contains all informations about character-kits)

Jarno's great FAQ for the Megamods (click me)
You find there many informations about megamod installations and how you can solve standard problems.

We are glad about every suggestion and every criticism which serves to improve the BiG World Project.
The BiG World Project Team is available for you at any time in the forums.

If you encounter IN-GAME bugs, please open a new topic for it.

Edited by Leomar, 06 May 2010 - 06:44 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

New in v9

Updated guides
  • Installation of more character-kits at the same time (Thanks ToB Extender)
  • "Fading Promises" moved after "Victor’s Improvements Pack"
  • "Chloe NPC" moved after "Arnel's Nalia Romance"
  • "Neh’taniel NPC" moved after "The Undying"
  • "Item Pack" moved into the chapter "Post-BP Tweaks"
  • "P5 Tweaks" moved after "TheBigg Tweaks"
  • Optional installation of "Lol’s Trimpack"
  • Updated "Lol’s Kit-Guide" for the new BWP-version

Updated "BiG World Installpack v9"
  • Optional installation of "Lol’s Trimpack"
  • Updated "BiG World Clean-Up.bat"
  • Small corrections/adjustments

Updated "BiG World Fixpack v9"
  • Updated official hotfixes for "Spell Revisions" from 04 March 2010
  • Added Temujins fixes for "Ding0’s Quest Pack" dated Feb 14, 2010
  • Added Eriks updated TP2 for "Level-1 NPCs" (eib2)
  • Included all needed fixes from the Fixes for the BiG fixpack thread until 24 March 2010. Big thanks to Lollorian. It helped us much, that he reported and made many of the fixes.

Updated "BiG World Textpack v9"
  • Updated German translations for SCSI and SCSII

Updated "BiG World Setup v9"
  • Updated for the new BWP-version (it is not the version with the component selection)

Updated mods
  • WeiDU v215
  • MKs BG1 Textpatch Revised v3.3
  • MKs BG2 Textpatch Revised v3.4
  • BG2 Fixpack v9.01
  • The Darkest Day v1.13
  • Check the Bodies v1.12a
  • Baldur’s Gate Trilogy v1.08 (16 Mar 10)
  • BG1 Unfinished Business v11
  • BGSpawn v1.06
  • Tower of Deception v3.3
  • Fading Promises v6
  • Alex Macintosh v5
  • MunchMod v3.2
  • Rupert the Dye Merchant v2.1.1
  • Kivan and Deheriana Companions v9
  • Yasraena NPC v10
  • Neh’taniel NPC v4.2
  • Lester NPC v0.9
  • Saerileth NPC v14
  • Imoen Romance v1.202
  • Summon Bhaalspawn v3
  • Quallo v1.14
  • Lucy the Wyvern v3
  • Cerberus v1.02
  • The Minotaur and Lilacor v1.6
  • Sword Coast Stratagems v14
  • Homeward Bound v5
  • MTS Crappack v4
  • Crossmod Banter Pack v11
  • Rogue Rebalancing v4.34
  • Sword Coast Stratagems II v13
  • Cursed Items Revision v3.4
  • aTweaks v3.04
  • PnP Free Action v2
  • Thrown Hammers v2
  • Aurora’s Shoes and Boots v5
  • P5 Tweaks v5
  • Infinity Animations Core (WeiDU) Beta 4
  • W_GUI (Beta) v0.3

Added new mods
  • Sir Renal v2.2
  • Trovador REO v2.4a
  • Genwas Händlermod v1
  • Solestia NPC v1.2
  • Drizzt Is Not Stupid (BGT) v1
  • Alternatives v5
  • B!Tweaks v4
  • Paladin of Faerun Kitpack v5
  • Return to Trademeet Kit Pack v1.2
  • Prestige Kitpack v2
  • Lol’s RezMod v2.3
  • Vecna v12u1
  • Throne of Bhaal Extender (Beta 0001)

The BWP-Team wishes you much fun with the new version.

Edited by Leomar, 28 April 2010 - 07:58 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#3 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Congratulations for your new baby ! :cheers:

[*] Included all needed fixes from the Fixes for the BiG fixpack thread until 24 March 2010.

Does this include Crowmell's dialog fix and the "Myself" typo fixes that were posted on March 24 ?

Also, Mike1072 posted a lot of stuff regarding install orders and dependencies (notably points 6 to 12) in the Beta thread, was it taken into account ? If not, they would be good things to consider for 9.1 ^_^

Cheers,
Fred

#4 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

Congratulations for your new baby ! :cheers:

Thanks. :)

Does this include Crowmell's dialog fix and the "Myself" typo fixes that were posted on March 24 ?

Yes. ;)

Also, Mike1072 posted a lot of stuff regarding install orders and dependencies (notably points 6 to 12) in the Beta thread, was it taken into account ? If not, they would be good things to consider for 9.1 ^_^

Yes, it was taken into account. ;)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

ABSOLUTELY PWNZ0RS!!! :woot: Well, glad that we have spoiler tags now to hide all the fanboi rant :D
Spoiler

Once the dust settles in a few days (and any major bugs get found out :devil:)

And about the fixes, you missed 2 fixes. This and this li'l buggers :P

Again, thanks for all your great work! :Bow:

Edited by Lollorian, 29 March 2010 - 12:25 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Resurrection

Resurrection
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

Updated "BiG World Setup v9.0"

• We update it for the new BWP-version at the moment (it will be not the version with the component selection)

Am I to understand it that it is planned for v10 now? I was under the impression when v8 came out that it will be in next version (which is this, v9). I was very eagerly anticipating this new version. Oh well, guess I'll wait again.

Anyway, congratulations for the new version! You are doing great job.

#7 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:49 AM

Leonardo liked to increase the version to a boolean number to mark some major "jumps" in the development (I think it would be the biffing and the kits in this case), so the BWP with a component-based selection is not 9 but maybe 10 or 11. Who knows. ;)

The BWS itself is not where I like it to be, so there is some beta-testing going on now.
There are a ton of conflicts and dependencies to be written down.
There are some things that need to be fixed and some to be added.
So it's just not in a state were I think noobs could use it with no knowledge or some errors.
That's all.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#8 Resurrection

Resurrection
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Dabus for the explanation. I have in fact done the manual component install numerous times with BWS 7. It was however very frustrating and hard to keep track of everything one wanted. I did play a bit each of them but I eventually stopped trying as every time I thought I made the install I wanted I have discovered some aspects or thing I overlooked or very much disliked... So I gave up. Then there was this statement saying that the component selection feature is planned for next after next version (then it was v7 so I assumed it is intended for v9) and now with v9 it is a little disappointment for me... But again, thanks for the clarification and it is a great achievement anyway! I understand it must be tremendous task to ensure compatibility and all.

#9 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

You could help Beta test the new installer to help ensure an earlier release.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#10 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

Thanks Dabus for the explanation. I have in fact done the manual component install numerous times with BWS 7. It was however very frustrating and hard to keep track of everything one wanted. I did play a bit each of them but I eventually stopped trying as every time I thought I made the install I wanted I have discovered some aspects or thing I overlooked or very much disliked... So I gave up. Then there was this statement saying that the component selection feature is planned for next after next version (then it was v7 so I assumed it is intended for v9) and now with v9 it is a little disappointment for me... But again, thanks for the clarification and it is a great achievement anyway! I understand it must be tremendous task to ensure compatibility and all.

I have gone this route too for years, painstakingly going through the manual install. I encountered the same problems with installing everything only to find out you forgot to add x or y mod or component. Then reinstall and forget something else.

The BWP install.bat is great though and is an option to consider. (Jarnno has a great guide in the top of this forum) While I have probably gone through 6 or 7 installs in the last 2 weeks (lost track of them) it makes the install easier because you just walk away and come back the next day and its done. Went through each mod with the pdf guide and took out stuff in the install.bat with "rem " in front of the mod or just deleted certain components. It takes hours but you only have to do it once, and maybe change a few things later rather than keep doing it manually. Sure you can still make mistakes, but having to manually enter stuff for days sucks more. A big thank you to Dabus, Leomar, and BWP creators.

Edited by maximus2001, 30 March 2010 - 09:47 PM.

#11 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

Ok, have finally finished new BWP 9 tactics install. This one took several hours longer with the install.bat. Things slowed down a lot after DO tweaks in the install. Also I had chosen the new option that skipped big mod biffing in favor of the biffing at the end. It took 24 hrs plus on an old computer, the last one took 20 hrs on BWP 8.3.

Everthing worked except for Oversight mod. Don't know why, but BWS did not extract it so I did it manually. I did not touch the components for oversight in the install.bat, but it did not install at all. This has happened in several installs over the last week. (I will play on without this mod because it seems everything else is ok, but thought it worth a mention)

The BWP installer no longer asks you if you want TDD or RoT kits. I thought something was broken so restarted a few times. Just put rem in front of TDD kits and Rot kits installed fine.

The pdf says that these tactics options will not be installed because they are included in Big Picture (but they are not). They were installed anyway because I picked tactics install. (2,6,7,12,20,24,28,29) Its ok, but maybe note this on the pdf.

~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved TorGal and De'Arnisse Keep: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Improved Sahuagin City: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Improved Guarded Compound in the Temple District: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Improved Twisted Rune: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Gebhard Blucher's Improved Demon Knights: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Improved Golems: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #24 // Kensai Ryu's Smarter Vampires: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #27 // Anti-Paladin Kit: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #28 // Göran Rimén's Improved Nymphs: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Copper Coronet: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #32 // Mike Barnes' Improved North Forest: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mike Barnes' Marching Mountains: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #36 // Tougher Fire Giants: BWP v8.2 Fix
~SETUP-TACTICS.TP2~ #0 #37 // Streamlined Trolls: BWP v8.2 Fix

Attached File  BiG World Debug.rar   255.53K   1071 downloads

Attached File  BiG World Install.rar   39.25K   1008 downloads

Attached File  Weidu.rar   15.67K   1043 downloads

Congratulations on the new BWP and a big thank you for the work you do. :cheers:

Edited by maximus2001, 30 March 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#12 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Also it might be mentioned in the pdf that BG2 tweaks component#2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v8 should be removed if you want to have a working wildmage. :whistling: wild mage problem

#13 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

It does not ask for kits since tobex will load the scrollable kitlist anyway. ;)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:33 AM

Heya maximus2001 :cheers:

Your debug.txt says that the Creature Offset checker fubared!! :unsure:
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21500
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
WARNING: unable to open [temp/0/UNINSTALL.0]: Sys_error("temp/0/UNINSTALL.0: Permission denied")
      Will be unable to UNINSTALL later.
ERROR: Sys_error("temp/0/ARGS.0: Permission denied")
PLEASE email the file nul to me
Automatically Skipping [creature offset checker] because of error.
BPv179 phailed for you as well :( Could you report this here?? :P ... this also led to BPSeries failing to install as well, cause it need BPv179 :(
Patching STATS.IDS...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: Cannot find 167 rows with at least 2 columns.ERROR: [STATS.IDS] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 179 weidu (beta)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 412 files for [SETUP-BPV179.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    412 files for [SETUP-BPV179.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("Cannot Set 2DA Entry")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BPV179.DEBUG to The BP Crew
Automatically Skipping [Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 179 weidu (beta)] because of error.
Otherwise, it'd be a great idea to open a thread about the creature offset checker fubaring :unsure:

PS: Oversight only installs in the Expert BWP :D

PS2: About the biffing time thing, I have no clue :unsure: It always took me 7 hours for an expert install before ... now it takes 8 :P

Edited by Lollorian, 31 March 2010 - 01:16 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#15 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

Nooooo. :wall: I was ready to go with this install. Well thanks for checking it out Lol, and next time I will do an expert install to include Oversight. I'll open another thread about creature offset checker as well.

#16 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

you don't need to do an expert install just to include Oversight. The BiG World Installpack readme will tell you how you can edit the .bat to include it (or any expert marked mod) in whatever install you want.
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#17 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

@maximus: Nah, don't fret mate :D I'd recommend you stall the install for a while until the BP problem is resolved (and probably the offset checker thing too ... but we dunno if that was just a problem for you or if it's really the-snag™)

Also, you could wait a few more days to get new-and-improved versions of erebusant's mods (DSotSC, NTotSC and SoBH) ... looks like there's a TON of bugfixes in them :P

Anyway, the offset checker problem (if it's a general bug) is more important ... :unsure:

Atleast now you know why Oversight didn't install :P So, it was a learning experience, right?? :devil:

EDIT: Well, looks like the offset checker was an indie case :P

Edited by Lollorian, 31 March 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#18 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

btw, what is Lol's trimpack? Is that the rezmod you made Lol?
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#19 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

:lol:

Nope :P The trimpack will save some 2.5 GB of space (while making your installation take a while longer - 1 hr in my case ... 4 in maximus2001's :P) This thread should explain better (I know ... it's long and boring but ... well :P)

And this is the RezMod :) (separate and totally irrelevant stuff :lol:)

#20 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

:lol:

Nope :P The trimpack will save some 2.5 GB of space (while making your installation take a while longer - 1 hr in my case ... 4 in maximus2001's :P) This thread should explain better (I know ... it's long and boring but ... well :P)

And this is the RezMod :) (separate and totally irrelevant stuff :lol:)

Ok then I will "stall the install" (like that one heh, heh). And yes that trimpack is slowing the install but I thought it would be a good idea to have more GB of free space...