Install NPC mods *after* Refinements

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -Silencer150-

-Silencer150-

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

This is cross-posted from the Pocket Plane Group forums. (Yes, I recovered an old account I forgot I had there, hence the different username.)

I ran into this problem while using the Xan BG2 NPC mod. I was already in the middle of a game, with Xan in my party as a Wild Mage. (I'd used the installer to change his class.) I decided to give Refinements a try because I wanted to try out the new HLA's as well as nerf Weimer's "overpowered" Shapeshifter Rebalancing. When I loaded my savegame, at first it looked like everything worked out okay. The paw items from the existing rebalancing mod were still there, but the special ability worked the way it was supposed to. (I confess I still switched back to Weimer's version, since I'm playing Tactics on Insane after all.)

Then I took one look at Xan's inventory and realized everything had gone to hell. Almost all of the items on him, except the Robe of Vecna and his Moonblade, were redded out. His class was listed as "Mage" because Refinements apparently didn't know what else to do with him. Yet even so, the wands, belts, jewelry, etc. were all unusable. I have no idea what class the mod tried to change him to or even why it tried to overwrite the changes that the Xan mod included.

I uninstalled Refinements and it worked fine once again. I essentially found out the hard way that any NPC mods should be installed after Refinements. I tested this when I rolled back my mod installations, installed Refinements first, then reinstalled Xan, and then tried loading my savegame. The problem did not occur this time.

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:44 AM

I guess RTFM is an appropriate answer.

Install Refinements AFTER other mods, but BEFORE starting a new game.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.