• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#121 potlood

potlood
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

What's you OS?
Is there a errorlog in your directory?

Well, I have windows XP, but there is no errorlog... Oh and my BGmain.exe has no icon... maybe it helps ^^

#122 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

Well, I have windows XP, but there is no errorlog... Oh and my BGmain.exe has no icon... maybe it helps

Well, are you sure the BG2 game is actually in the c:/games/bgII directory, and not just the mods.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#123 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

The BGMain.exe does not have it's own icon, but the Baldur.exe launches the bgmain.exe, so I thought that it may hang. The taskmanager does not show you that the process started and is kept running in the background?

Can you edit your settings with the config-tool? If yes, try and go back to default-settings.
Did you use the widescreen-mod? If yes, can you test if the backup of bgmain works?
(I don't know how the mod does work but it should be located in the widescreens backup-folder or in your "BiG World Clean Install"-folder.)
Can you test if it starts in window- and not fullscreen-mode?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#124 anthony

anthony
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

@neutrowave: A mere rmdir cannot create such an errormessage and pause the script -- if I'm not mistaken.
@anthony: Try the following:

Delete BiG World Textpack.bat. :D
Then start the BiG World Install.bat again.

When you look into the batch, there's a line

%IF% "Big World Smoothpack" move ".\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\*.*" "." | %M% 
:: and later
%IFN% BWP_Textpack.installed CALL "BiG World Textpack.bat"

If you look in the Installpack-archive, you see there are all the batchfiles in BiG World Smoothpack\_modify.
These are moved and the batch is called later.
At least that's what I think.

If this does not solve your issue, can you copy the screen?

To do so:
-rightclick on the cmd-screen
-select to mark the text
-use your mouse to do so (screen-color is inverted)
-press enter
-paste the text into the forum).

I will try this when I come come, (nightwork). Thank you Dabus and Neutrowave, that you take your time helping out, It's really appreciated. And thanks to Leomar and the whole team that makes this possible. BG is my all time favourite game and I'm new to this site. I tried a larger install once ( didn't work) I'm really happy finding this place, you make a tremendous job. Thanks!

#125 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:25 PM

@anthony: Try the following:

Delete BiG World Textpack.bat. :D

I've deleted it from the main bgii - soa folder before starting big world install.bat and now it's ok ... no interruptions :devil:

#126 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

O ... M ... G!!! :woot:

Since I finished all the downloading (and fixed some of the 0-size errors in some of the mod descrips) in the BWS, it finally found the next step: EXTRACTION

And I must say this: DA BWS IS DA ULTIMATE IN MOD EXTRACTION!!! :Bow: I couldn't even understand how it did that ... so easily :D and the way it unpacked, installed, deleted everything ... :hug:

No more comments on the BWS, it is da bomb!!! ;)

PS: I found a slight boo boo :P The Cespenar audio mod installs its wav files in a folder called override, within the override :lol: Does the install.bat/fixpack.bat move them or should I manually?? :D

And somebody might wanna check this out.

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 05 September 2009 - 06:06 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#127 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

O ... M ... G!!! :woot:

Since I finished all the downloading (and fixed some of the 0-size errors in some of the mod descrips) in the BWS, it finally found the next step: EXTRACTION

And I must say this: DA BWS IS DA ULTIMATE IN MOD EXTRACTION!!! :Bow: I couldn't even understand how it did that ... so easily :D and the way it unpacked, installed, deleted everything ... :hug:

No more comments on the BWS, it is da bomb!!! ;)

PS: I found a slight boo boo :P The Cespenar audio mod installs its wav files in a folder called override, within the override :lol: Does the install.bat/fixpack.bat move them or should I manually?? :D

And somebody might wanna check this out.

Cheers,
Lol

True, BWS is really awesome :D .

Your Cespenar Audio problem seems to be local, since in my install this didn't happen. I know this was a general problem in BWP 7 but should be fixed now...

#128 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, the install.bat solves that :P

just saw this in it:

%IF% ".\override\override" move ".\override\override\*.*" ".\override" | %M%
%IF% ".\override\override" rmdir /s /q ".\override\override" | %M%
:: Solves the issue with Cespy Audio

:coolthumb:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#129 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

can anyone e-mail me the enhanced bg2 1.1 zip? I can't get it from the download link, thanks jimlebaron@earthlink.net
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#130 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

Maybe they're updating it, probably should wait a bit :P

Btw, anyone notice that Baldurdash WeiDU's been updated for a week now??

Is it incompatible?

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: Stupid copy-paste link :P

Edited by Lollorian, 05 September 2009 - 09:06 PM.

#131 Uri

Uri
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:48 AM

i have a question, what is this?
:blink:

%IFNLS%RE%S%RE%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 | %M%

this mod is placed at the end of 21 chapter.

secondly, mod hammers won't instal. <_<

Edited by Uri, 06 September 2009 - 03:18 AM.

#132 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that a long standing compatibility issue between Spell Revisions and Rogue Rebalancing has been resolved. Thanks to Mike1072, SR's modified Glitterdust and Faerie Fire will no longer break RR's AI scripts. You might want to update the BWP documentation accordingly.

Cheers!

#133 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:22 AM

i have a question, what is this?
:blink:

RE...

Romantic Encounters. And yes, it has very many components.

I just wanted to let you know that a long standing compatibility issue between Spell Revisions and Rogue Rebalancing has been resolved. Thanks to Mike1072, SR's modified Glitterdust and Faerie Fire will no longer break RR's AI scripts. You might want to update the BWP documentation accordingly.

Yeah, but that's for the v3 Beta...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 September 2009 - 03:25 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#134 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:30 AM

%IFNLS%RE%S%RE%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 | %M%

That line installs the Romantic Encounters mod (RE :D) The numbers are its components, (stories :P) ;)

secondly, mod hammers won't instal. <_<

Please elaborate, either attach the BiG World Debug.txt or Setup-hammers.DEBUG ro a following post :cheers: (zipped of course :D)

YES!!! :Bow: One down, 2 more to go ;)

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: NINJAED!!! By the imp himself :D

Edited by Lollorian, 06 September 2009 - 03:43 AM.

#135 Uri

Uri
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:58 AM

aaa Romantic Encounters (no info in pdf :P) thx:)

Please elaborate, either attach the BiG World Debug.txt or Setup-hammers.DEBUG ro a following post :cheers: (zipped of course :D)

Setup-hammers.DEBUG says:

SETUP-MTS_CRAPPACKV2.TP2 0 30 Installed
ERROR: Failure("resource [_inn3351.sto] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-HAMMERS.DEBUG to www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=34099
Automatically Skipping [Thrown Hammers] because of error.

Attached File  SETUP_HAMMERS.zip   7.29K   186 downloads

Edited by Uri, 06 September 2009 - 04:08 AM.

#136 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:36 AM

You did a manual install and forgot to run the BWPFixpack before you started, right?? ^_^

The fixpack block that converts everything to BGT store names doesn't seem to have worked.

Cheers,
Lol

#137 Sjimpie

Sjimpie
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:06 AM

This is the first time i'm playing BWP and after 3 installs this are the problems i have left.

Install problem:

I've made a tactical install and i'm running windows vista 64-bit. During install i get an error that 'XM2Wav.exe' isn't 64-bit compatible. So it doesn't install, but everything else does. Anyone know if this gives problems in game?

Playing problems:

So far i encountered 5 area's in candlekeep that crash the game when i try to load them. In the inn when i want to go upstairs, priest's quarters, the storehouse, the bunkhouse and the barracks. Anyone else have this problem and can i fix it or do have to do something different during install?

Hmm in my Big World Debug.txt i get a couple of message like this:
[D:\Baldur's Gate/DATA/TB#263.BIF] 553000 bytes, 0 files, 1 tilesets
ERROR: BIFF [D:\Baldur's Gate/DATA/TB#263.BIF] has tileset entries 0--0, cannot extract tileset at entry 0 (this BIFF and your KEY file don't match)
[AR2631.TIS] --biff-get error: Failure("invalid biff tileset entry")
[D:\Baldur's Gate/DATA/TB#260.BIF] 1720400 bytes, 0 files, 3 tilesets
ERROR: BIFF [D:\Baldur's Gate/DATA/TB#260.BIF] has tileset entries 0--2, cannot extract tileset at entry 2 (this BIFF and your KEY file don't match)
[AR2602.TIS] --biff-get error: Failure("invalid biff tileset entry")
ERROR: BIFF [D:\Baldur's Gate/DATA/TB#260.BIF] has tileset entries 0--2, cannot extract tileset at entry 1 (this BIFF and your KEY file don't match)
[AR2606.TIS] --biff-get error: Failure("invalid biff tileset entry")
ERROR: BIFF [D:\Baldur's Gate/DATA/TB#260.BIF] has tileset entries 0--2, cannot extract tileset at entry 0 (this BIFF and your KEY file don't match)
[AR2607.TIS] --biff-get error: Failure("invalid biff tileset entry")

Does this might have to do something that i can't start Baldur's Gate after a clean install because my computer can't run 640x480 resolution?

Edited by Sjimpie, 06 September 2009 - 05:12 AM.

#138 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

There is no 16-bit compartibility code left in your OS and the program to convert the files does not run.
So the Imoen-mod does not have a few soundfiles.

See the weidu.log if you got imoen installed, i think it does.

If you want the sounds, use winamp or whatever you like to save there files as wave-files and put them in your override-folder.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#139 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:22 AM

I've made a tactical install and i'm running windows vista 64-bit. During install i get an error that 'XM2Wav.exe' isn't 64-bit compatible. So it doesn't install, but everything else does. Anyone know if this gives problems in game?

Playing problems:

So far i encountered 5 area's in candlekeep that crash the game when i try to load them. In the inn when i want to go upstairs, priest's quarters, the storehouse, the bunkhouse and the barracks. Anyone else have this problem and can i fix it or do have to do something different during install?

That problem with XM2Wav.exe is an old one, I had it in a previous BWP install, and the only fix would be if the creator would release an update for 64 bit operating systems from what I've understood.

The problems you encounter with the crashes seem to be local, since I have a tactical install also and everything works fine, so maybe it would be a good idea to upload your weidu log and big world debug (packed with rar or zip)

#140 Sjimpie

Sjimpie
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:34 AM

That problem with XM2Wav.exe is an old one, I had it in a previous BWP install, and the only fix would be if the creator would release an update for 64 bit operating systems from what I've understood.

The problems you encounter with the crashes seem to be local, since I have a tactical install also and everything works fine, so maybe it would be a good idea to upload your weidu log and big world debug (packed with rar or zip)

Ok here they are and thx for the help already. I had the problem every 3 times i installed BWP since friday.
Attached File  BiG_World_Debug.zip   928.91K   233 downloads
Attached File  Weidu.log   61.54K   209 downloads

Edited by Sjimpie, 06 September 2009 - 05:36 AM.