Da Kit Lists

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

THE KITLIST IS NOW PART OF THE BWP!!! GET YOUR COPY NAO :D (if it isn't downloaded by the BWS ;))

Lols_KitGuide is the latest incarnation of this thingamajig :P And it's been uploaded by our favorite BWP dude, Leomar, to the downloads section :) Have a look at how the KitList evolved over the years ... err ... okay, months :P (kindergarten ASCII art FTW!!! :woot:)

KitList  \
          \
           --> KitListZ --> Lols_KitGuide
          /
KitListX /
Yeah, go ahead, click!!! (for now, the link isn't updated ... get the latest kitlist attached to this post)

Lols_KitGuide
- v8.3, changed name and version to match BWP :) 2 new kits, updated links and other cool stuff (I think ... :unsure:)
- v9.0, moved stuff, changed stuff, added ... stuff :lol: (Cespenar gladly serve the great one ... ok, that was cheesy :doh:)
- v9.1, now with new a kit from Adul, lotsa TDD's in TDD and freaky megamod kits :devil:
- v9.5, added all of 5, yes, FIVE NEW KITS!!! IS THAT COOL OR WOT?!?!? :woot:

KitListZ
- v1, merged KitList and KitListX and included Iroumen's switcher kits :woot: (running outta things to say :P)

KitList
- Initial version
  • New version uploaded with modlinks and TDD kit fixes (now including Saurial Paladins)
  • Third version uploaded with some rough install instructions :P (now with extra Reaver action and link-fu!!!)
  • Another version with expanded install instructions :D (goes best with Level 1 NPC sauce! Eat while hot!!!)
  • Yet another one, clears some confusion about installing kits :P (ITZ PWNSAUCE!!!!)
  • Sixth version uploaded, with a workaround for TDD-RoT kitpacks (Didn't anyone miss the SP Collection Kits?? ;))
  • Version 1.7, with kit dupes, and removing and modifying the Kit Selection Screen (Ooooohhh ... Pwetty kitties ...)
  • Version 1.8, nothing changes but the ordering and miraculous reduction in size :o (ALPHA BETA FTW!!!)
  • Version 1.9, removed 3 non-selectable NeJ kits :P and added 2 missing ones :D moar (All hail!!! DA KITLIST :o)
- Version II, with extra Level 1 NPC content :D (and you thought it had it all ... WOOP DA SHOOP!!!)
  • Version 2.1, minor update with info about A64's ToBEx (Ya ya, that is goooood!!! :lol:)

KitListX
- Uploaded KitListX version uno (Betcha just can't eat one!!!)
- Nu version with IA kits and alphabet order :P (Got kits???)
- Version 1.2, with MANY new kits from SixofSpades, yarpen, Adul, and more :P (Use a kit, save the world ... in BGII ;))
- Version 1.3, small maintenance release with 1 new kit ;) (Just goes to show that I still care)
- Version 1.4, 4 new kits :D (Kits sold separately, check your nearest modhub for details ;))
- Version 2, now contains an additional 30 something kits from the RTTKitpack and the PoFKitpack (ya can make love now :D)

Thank you,
Lol

PS: If anyone cares, the previous post was me asking for the TDD kit descriptions :rolleyes:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 23 December 2010 - 10:49 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

First off, I'm surprised TDD doesn't have its own forum blink.gif considering it's huge and all.

You can post bugs here or incompatibilities although the latter may not be addressed on a priority fashion. Progress has been stopped for me due to RL in the family but it helps to compile everything for easy searches for everyone.

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=430402

I was wondering where the kit descriptions for the TDD Kitpack was located (any specific .tra??)

The kitspells.txt file in TDD folder gives the breakdown of what each kit gets. This includes gained special abilities and acquired/ permanent traits or stats. It gives the exact spell that is applied (code) but not the specific levels.

The actual kit descriptions can be found in tp2.tra in TDD\Language\ _________\

IMPORTANT EDIT: Lollorian, if you are installing these kits and planning to include Refinements, please install the kits before Refinements (preferably right after TDD). You can do two different install tests with kits before Refinements and with kits after if you want.

It is good to test the kits to make sure they get their goodies by starting a game and use the add XP cheat to add levels then you know the kits are installed in a compatible fashion. Refinements duplicates the kits for revised HLA's and your kits may be bugged if you install them after. I know BWP says install kits after your whole installation but I have read more problems with TDD kits never working when installed late in a BWP installation. In these incidents the player can choose the kit but get none of the abilities. :unsure:

Edited by Hoppy, 13 August 2009 - 01:11 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

As always, thank you Hoppy :cheers:

I didn't know about the Refinements bit but never had a problem cause I always installed the kitpack right after TDD :D

Anyway, the kitlist is finished and uploaded in the first post for all to see :P I figured posting the entire list in the forums might be a wee bit lengthy. Btw, sorry about the .pdf, all the formatting and bullets took a while and didn't wanna nerf it by using a .txt :unsure:

Thanks again, and godspeed :coolthumb:
Lol

Btw, comments and criticism about the list are always welcome :D

Edited by Lollorian, 13 August 2009 - 08:13 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

Sorry I did not know your request was for research. Well done and very informative. :coolthumb: :cheers: :D

I do have one thing to add:

With TDD kits the number of installed Paladin kits is too many for the K_P_H selectable kit choices so one gets left out from selection. In current version, the Dark Knight is left out from kit selection. The older non-Weidy version offers the Dark Knight but leaves out the Saurial Paladin. This only means form kit selection and you can edit characters with game editors to change a kit to Dark Knight, granted all the prerequisites are met.

Your document seems to leave out the Saurial Paladin as well?

Here is the info:

SAURIAL PALADIN:
The Saurial Paladin is the weapons expert of the holy order. Such warriors are often found forming the brunt of the fighting force of a holy army. He has forgone any mental training, preferring instead to use weapons in combat; due to this, he lacks the Lay on Hands ability and has no Protection From Evil. To compensate for this, the Saurial Paladin is unrivalled in his expertise in dual-wielding 1-handed weapons. He is always of a Lawful Good alignment and serves the order to the end.

Advantages:
- Can have 3 slots devoted to 1-handed weapons
- Can have 4 slots devoted to dual-wielding

Disadvantages:
- Has no Lay on Hands ability
- Has no Protection From Evil
- Can devote only 1 slot to all ranged weapons

Also your Dark Knight description is a bit different than what I have:

DARK KNIGHT:
A Dark Knight lacks the significant dedication and motivation of a regular paladin. They are not bound to be of Good alignment, but are not necessarily entirely evil either (a misinterpretation often resulting from the title bestowed upon them). They have some small dedication to priesthood, and as a result, are able to harness a few, minor spells from this sphere. Their clerical ways have also led them to their choice of blunt melee weapons in combat; they can still use blades, but a lack of training means that they do not do so with any skill. In addition, because they lack the motivation of goodness of a normal paladin, they gain no enchantments to protect themselves from the forces of evil.

ADVANTAGES:
- Has access to several minor cleric spells, including Prayer, Bane, Entropic Field, and Call Upon Faith
- Has no Charisma requirement

DISADVANTAGES:
- Is only effective with blunt melee weapons
- Can only be Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil
- Does not gain Protection from Evil innate ability
- Requires 13 Strength and 12 Wisdom

I think the TDD descriptions have changed somewhat than what the site offers. TP2.tra will give you the most current.

I will definitely keep this document handy and hats off to you again for the compilation ;)
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

Thanks again for those tidbits :D

You should really consider breaking the kitpack into separate components, atleast according to class. For instance, the BWP uses Divine Remix that has kits that are made for that system. The TDD cleric kits may stand out among them :unsure:

Hmmm ... looks like I'll have to upload again then :D Maybe I'll add the modlinks and a credit section. And the page numbers seem screwed :P Should it have a version history or sommin?? :D :doh: :D

Any ideas on what to do about the duplicate kits like the 5 "Priests of Auril"???

Hope this is useful :D
Lol

EDIT: New version uploaded. Check first post :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 14 August 2009 - 12:03 AM.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:35 AM

Oversight
The Darkest Day
Region of Terror
Touchstone NPC
Azure NPC (direct download)
Divine Remix
Song and Silence
Sword and Fist
Enhanced BG2 (direct download)
Neverending Journey
Victor?s Improvements Pack (direct download)
Revised Battles
Ashes of Embers
Tactics Mod
Wild Mage Additions

Where is Geomatic Sorcerer, Hidden Kits, Zyraen's Miscellany(Reaver Kit)... Level 1 NPCs, make sure you tell how the NPC Kit's can be installed.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for your comments Jarno. A man of few words?? ;)

Kit list attached. Contains descriptions of all installable kits in BWP :D

So, I guess Geomantic Sorceror and Hidden Kits are out?? :P

So that leaves the Reaver Uber Kit then, I can't believe I missed that :doh:

But going through the readme and stuff, the kit mainly deals with AI scripts. And I remember reading somewhere in the BWP guide that only the BPSeries AI scripts are known to be compatible in the install :unsure: If anyone has installed and successfully used the Reaver in their game, please notify and I'll promptly add it ^_^ . Meanwhile, here's the kit descrip from the .tp2:

Reaver

A individual who is the cream of the crop, advancing both magical arts, weapon skill and thieving abilities. No others are more capable of facing all and any situations than the Reaver.

Advantages :
- starts with Use Any Item
- Mage Levels advance with Thief Levels
- has access to Fighter, Mage and Thief HLAs
- gains up to x7 backstab, more slowly than the Assassin
- gains extra 3 hitpoints every level from 1 to 15
- gains +10 Lore every level from level 1-10
- gains Destroy Undead from level 19 onwards, every 2 levels, up to a max of x 4 uses per day
- gains +1 bonus Thac0 every 2 levels, from level 2 to 20 (effectively following Fighter Thac0 progression)
1 : 2 Stars in Katana
2 : 2 Stars in Single Weapon
3 : 2 Stars in Dagger
4 : 3 Stars in Double Weapon Proficiency
5 : 2 Stars in Sword and Shield Proficiency
6 : 1 Star in Axe Proficiency
7 : 1 Star in Warhammer Proficiency

Note : Do not put stars into any of these proficiencies or you will effectively lose it. If the Mage that the Reaver dualled from has Dagger proficiency, the Reaver will only have 1 Dagger proficiency.

I reckon that's what I'd call a true "Child of Bhaal" ;)

And about adding the procedure about installing kits and such, I'd been thinking of asking you guys what y'all know about installing kits. I've almost zero experience in using any kit except the TDD ones. I mean, the BW guide has the special section on "Installation of Kits" and a few posts ago, Hoppy said kits should probably be installed before Refinements. So, small bits like that.

I was also contemplating a section on the Mod Kit Remover but figured it'd just be a copy-paste job from the BWP guide :P I'd better mention that, for all intents and purposes, this list is meant to be used as a complement to the BWP Guide pdf and not as a standalone kit install guide. (better edit first post :P )

Who knows?? The BWP crew may have tested some kits out themselves and may be open to installing kits directly through the BWS :P

Cheers,
Lol

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:52 AM

But going through the readme and stuff, the kit mainly deals with AI scripts.

Well, the Hidden Kits are activated just like the Reaver Kit, you have the correct kind of character, with the correct requirements and then you select the correct AI from the character windows customatiozation tab, and if you have followed the instructions correctly and wait few seconds, bang the char get's the kit.

For that of course the AI needs to be in the selectiable list, but it should be there cause you'll install the mod almost last and so the addition should stick...

The Geomatic Sorcerer also needs to be installed, so you can get the item that will change the chars kit... and that's it, should be it as far as I know.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:44 AM

Hey, so the Hidden kits may actually be compatible right?? :cheers: But you mention "installing the mod almost last", do you mean the section in the BWP guide when it says you install kits??

Then, what about Refinements?? Won't the newly installed kits NOT benefit from the revised HLAs?? I found this while searching.

Anyway, I'm thinking of adding the Reaver in the list but dunno where it'd fit in :P It's a Fighter/Thief/Mage/Cleric superclass lol :devil: Maybe at the end?? :unsure:

I just finished writing up a rough "installation guide" (if you could call it that :P ) It heavily references the BWP Guide so I'm a little wary of including kit mods that aren't used by the BWP :D Hell, there's also the well known Prestige Kitpack, that could be used :wacko:

Cheers,
Lol

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:01 AM

And another one for you to add to the list:

RPGDungeon Kitpack:

http://www.rpgdungeo...ent/view/32/48/

Anyone know about the old Warrior Kitpack mod? I haven't found a working download lately. Maybe it has been removed by the author(s)?

Edited by Hoppy, 14 August 2009 - 08:01 AM.

- King Diamond

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:48 AM

New version uploaded (almost half an MB :o )

I tried to google out Warrior Kitpack but links at SHS, BlackWyrm's Lair and Sorceror's place point to nowhere :crying:

OMG!!! :doh: Just remembered I didn't remove the Warrior Kitpack's link from the pdf!!! It don't work anymore.

Cheers,
Lol

#12 krait

krait
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

So awhile ago I installed BWP7 and it seems to be working fine. Then I found to my dismay that I am actually missing out on all those extra kits (espec. the TDD ones) because the standard install does not put them in.
How would I go about getting the TDD kits into my game now that all the mods are already installed? Just run the TDD setup again? But won't that break my BWP? Any other way?
What I found in the search on this forum seems to invole editing the install bat file and running the whole installation again, is that the only way or am I missing something? (Fairly likely...)

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

Ah ok, krait's post made me write up some more install instructions and info on Level 1 NPCs :D

New version uploaded :devil: This should be FINAL!!!! :woot:

(single day and 4 versions!!! w00t :cheers: )

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: It isn't even an hour before the last version and I have another one waiting with:
  • Mod list Breakdowns - how many kits in each mod
  • Expanded installation - with examples
  • Minor typo bashin
(Had to try out the bulleted look :P )

Edited by Lollorian, 14 August 2009 - 09:02 PM.

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

Btw, I've been wondering about TDD - RoT kitpack compatibilty and wanted to confirm whether removing the exclusion check was as simple as deleting/commenting:

FORBID_COMPONENT "Setup-TDD.tp2" "1" ~You must not have "TDD Kit Pack" installed to activate RoT kits

in the Setup-RoT.tp2??? Are there known incompatibilities between the two kitpacks (other than every kit not showing up :P )??

And other than that, this is from the thread I linked to few posts back:

2)Run MOD Kit Remover (from G3) and remove all mod kits. This is so that Avaunis from TDD has his kit so that you don't get destroyed in the Psion stronghold. At this points TDD kits are still installed, you just have to use shadowkeeper to change them if you want.

What does he mean by being "destroyed in the Psion Stronghold"?? Afaik, the entire megamod was playable without the kitpack installed as well. What would happen if Avaunis didn't have his kit???

Cheers,
Lol

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

Hell, there's also the well known Prestige Kitpack, that could be used :wacko:

Ah, you mean this, as it's v2 and then can all be installed as seperate components. :)

Hey, so the Hidden kits may actually be compatible right?? :cheers: But you mention "installing the mod almost last", do you mean the section in the BWP guide when it says you install kits?? Then, what about Refinements?? Won't the newly installed kits NOT benefit from the revised HLAs?? I found this while searching.

Well, the Hidden Kits all have their own Kit specified HLA's and some of them have real concecuencies on the class, so they should be installed after the Refinements...

Anyway, I'm thinking of adding the Reaver in the list but dunno where it'd fit in :P It's a Fighter/Thief/Mage/Cleric superclass lol :devil: Maybe at the end?? :unsure:

Well, it's a special kit for Mage dualed into a Thief, so it should be in the Mage->Thief list. :devil:
As should all the Hidden Kits be too.

What does he mean by being "destroyed in the Psion Stronghold"?? Afaik, the entire megamod was playable without the kitpack installed as well. What would happen if Avaunis didn't have his kit?

I think that his head would exblow just like the rest of them...
Now, the Kit remover was used to actually make the already installed kit's not being selectable, but so they stayed still in the game on the NPCs etc. as you can only have so many selecteable kits but so you can then install the rest of the kits you wish to be able to select.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 August 2009 - 01:52 AM.

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:04 AM

Lol, that "his head would explode" stuff's got me interested in TDD now :D Hope BWP8 gets here soon :whistling: But but but, the BWP doesn't normally install the TDD kitpack, and maximus2001 says that like Avaunis needs his kit to function properly. So, my first thought was destroyed == CtD :P

About the Mod Kit Remover, *sigh* wish there was a way to remove individual kits rather than the entire bunch at once -_-

And thanks for the new Prestige kitpack link, next kitlist is gonna include non-BWP kits as well then :D Now, lemme check those RPG Dungeon kits ^_^

Anything else y'all might wanna add/point out/flame about :P??

Cheers,
Lol

#17 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:05 AM

RPGDungeons are made for BG2, so you will have to do a lot of hacking to get the expected Hitpoints, spells and such if you want to play them with BGT in BG1...
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:25 AM

Oh oh :unsure: And to think I just downloaded that :crying: Wasted badwidth FTW!!! YAY!!! <gets hit by truck>

Anyway, the RPGKitpack readme has this to say about compatibity:

-- The Spellweaver component is incompatible with the Druidic Sorcerer mod to some extent. It seems the game only allows 24 high level abilities, so both new sets of HLAs don't fit in the sorcerer's HLA table. You can play a spellweaver with the Druidic Sorcerer installed, but s/he will only get the standard Sorcerer HLAs.

-- This mod should be installed AFTER the Throne of Bhaal Refinements Mod. If you have Improved HLAs installed, the spellweaver HLAs will be added after Refinements' sorcerer HLAs. If you have either the Improved HLAs or the Sword Angel kit installed, spellweaver's and wild jester's new spells won't have new portrait icons. Other than that, everything should be compatible with Refinements.

-- If some of your installed mods affect the relevant portion of kit.ids, I guess it's theoretically possible that the spellweaver bottle might pop in your inventory even if your PC is not a wild mage. If it does, just throw it away.

-- This mod will probably not be compatible with any of the larger mods that use any of the limited animation slots. I will NOT be altering anything in this mod to cater for the various "big game" mods out there except to block the animation being added by the kitpack.

-- The SpellSword, Wild Jester (both versions) and Spellweaver kits are all incompatible with Cal-Culator.

With so many incompatibilities, I'm considering leaving this out (lest anyone break their game and blame me lol :woot: ) I have all of them formatted and ready for publishing right now though, maybe a warning would do??? :P

Since the original BWP Kitlist didn't have any changes, I'll upload a second separate list with the non-BWP kits :cheers:

See ya in a few hours,
Lol

EDIT: Uploaded :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 15 August 2009 - 08:31 AM.

#19 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

:doh: I forgot to include the SP Collections kits.

Oh, and any word on the TDD - RoT Kitpack compatibility?? Hoppy?? Jarno?? ANYONE?!?!? :ph34r:

And can someone please tell me if the installation part of the BWP Kitlist is understandable?? I'm afraid all those bat file lines may scare people :P I tried to make it n00bish enough imho, but still ... need inputs. :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

#20 azchar111

azchar111
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:09 AM

And can someone please tell me if the installation part of the BWP Kitlist is understandable?? I'm afraid all those bat file lines may scare people :P I tried to make it n00bish enough imho, but still ... need inputs.

The instructions on adding a pause are easy enough to follow - I will definitely use that method next time. I've never edited the install.bat before.
If I read it correctly, I would merely add a pause after the TDD setup line (for example) and during the pause would run Setup-TDD.exe to make my changes. Is this correct or must I also edit the TDD install.bat line?

Thanks for your work!
Bill

Edited by azchar111, 16 August 2009 - 04:38 AM.