Photo

Which mod adds demons to the Bluebell Woods in BG1?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:48 PM

Topic says it all. Who's the joker? Is there a reason they're there? Some trick to beating them? My main char just dinged lvl 4... :(

Attached Files

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

I don't think there's an area called BlueBell woods in vanilla BGI :P Methinks it's added by the Stone of Askavar mod. And seeing that I don't have a modded version of the game to check, it could help if you describe the encounter in the future:D

Who were they?
Any names?
Did they talk before fighting?

Also, check out da walkthrough :D I think those are high level areas that shouldn't be entered at level 4 (unless ... you're a powergamer ^_^ we could take digs at each other forever now :D)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

Dude! It's insane! There's 4 Glabrezu and a Baalor! They don't say anything, they're just hostile.

This is the kinda encounter that would tear apart your party in the Underdark! I don't even think there are weapons in BG1 that can hit these guys other than Drizzt's stuff!

#4 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Awesome. 2e Banites. Rock on.

Did Xvim even exist in the BG1 timeframe?

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

The walkthrough says you're supposed to start the quest (and go through its areas) after Chapter 5. And I think you'll have plenty of imba stuff once you finish Secret of BoneHill ;)

If you chose the Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim cleric kit from Divine Remix, YES :devil:

(couldn't resist :P)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

The funny thing is, you don't have to fight the demons to get the token. You can just walk around them.

It's almost like the demons are there to be there. I hope the story for this mod explains why half a dozen greater demons are chillin' in the middle of the cloudpeaks.

#7 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

The walkthrough says you're supposed to start the quest (and go through its areas) after Chapter 5. And I think you'll have plenty of imba stuff once you finish Secret of BoneHill ;)

If you chose the Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim cleric kit from Divine Remix, YES :devil:

(couldn't resist :P)

Cheers,
Lol

How do you do a conversion of a first lvl Greyhawk adventure and end up with Monty Haul gear?

(I dunno. I just met some wizard dude in the Temple of Lathander and he just teleported me to Oerth! I guess I'm gonna find out!)

#8 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:30 AM

Cornugons in the Reddy Forest in SoBH?

Alright - there has to be some sort of error. I was jumped by a pack of Cornugons on the island of Secret of Bonehill. What the heck is causing this? It's only happening in modded areas - it hasn't happened in a vanilla area yet.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:36 AM

Say wut?? :blink:

That's totally strange. If memory serves, I never encountered demons of any kind in SoBH :o Maybe this is the first legitimate bug?? In that case, maybe that last report may not be a fluke either.

Maybe it has to do with random spawns?? BGSpawn mod?? :ph34r: Maybe something overwrites the normal cre files to the demon files :o

Someone here could ask you to make a changelog of sommin from some script file (I dunno which, so I won't :P) Be ready :D

Cheers,
Lol

#10 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:12 AM

It's not gamebreaking - it's just a little jarring to be wandering around and *boom* baalor! It's only happened twice.

This is alright, though. My main char developed a new bhaalspawn power. When he's wandering around the wilderness minding his own business and gets jumped by a pack of greater demons he's able to point his finger and call upon his bhaalpowers and the demons fall over dead. Of course, he doesn't get experience for this because he didn't actually fight them.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

:lol:

Hmm, while that "Bhaalpower" seems good, it's better to just use the "Instantly-heal-me-and-my-party-by-pointing-finger-at-portraits" power to gain the experience from the fight :P And the "Point-here-and-teleport" power just kicks ass :D

I figure you don't have the +<insert number> weapons to damage those muthas, search BoneHill castle thoroughly, and i found a +3 (or 4 :P) dagger. There's also the blacksmith guy in the town.

Ah, and i hope you brought your mages with you cause the local scroll-guy has some good BGII scrolls with him ;)

Btw, I forgot to ask, was your xp bonus issue fixed in this install?? And have you biffed yet??

EDIT: Are you still there?? :P (in SoBH I mean). So, try creating a changelog now. Hit "X" at the area you found the demons, and you'll get the "Area: XXX" thing in the text box. Do a changelog of XXX.are and XXX.bcs (find out how to do that in Jarno's topic I linked above :D)

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 01 September 2009 - 08:54 AM.

#12 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:12 AM

See, those bhaalpowers feel a little too cheatie. I wasn't even aware there was a point at portrait and heal bhaalpower...

I was fighting the dwarf assassin and co. in the Nashkel mines and was trying to pull the dwarf away from his buddies because they were whooping me. I pulled the dwarf and he by himself was able to butcher my entire party by himself(Imoen had just ding'd level 3). I must have save-reloaded 20 times and couldn't even charm him long enough to get him around the corner to fight his buddies for me. Finally, I gave up. I refused to use my demon-killing bhaalspawn power on him, but I CLUA'd up 3 potions of extra healing. Just the potions made me feel guilty. Worse still - on the 21st reload Minsc, Jaheira, and Viconia all crit'd him on the first round. We killed him without using a single potion. I felt horrible!

Man, I just finished SoBH about a half an hour ago and I don't have any saves on Oerth. Next time I get baalor-jumped, I'll post a changelog. It's only happened twice so far. I think something is interacting with the BGSpawn system.

Aside, BP Balancer really did its work. SoBH was soooo NOT imba. The only good loot I found was a book of int (which I gave to Imoen), some scrolls, a ring of regen +1, a wand of cause serious wounds, and a +2 dagger I found in some dude's house.

I was sooooo annoyed with the layout of SoBH, though. Some mapnotes would have been helpful. Plus, I did all of the quests without ever talking to Ravella. I got to the end and the only option I had was "I want to find out what happened to the gnome before you teleport me back." And I was like, "NO! I don't give a crap about the stupid gnome! Just send me home!" That annoyed me. I had to use a walkthrough to figure out I had to talk to this person, who wasn't even there for a whole day until after I talked to someone else (an NPC without a name!). I hope when the next part starts it doesn't force me to go. I think I'm just gonna skip the second part if it gives me the option.

Edit: Yeah. My exp issue is fine and Im fully biff'd (as if I could run this build without biffing LOL). I figured out what caused my exp issue, but I don't want to say what because it might make me look bad. :P

Edited by Darpaek, 01 September 2009 - 11:20 AM.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

SCS really kicks ass, don't it?? ^_^

But this:

Worse still - on the 21st reload Minsc, Jaheira, and Viconia all crit'd him on the first round. We killed him without using a single potion.

This is what keeps me coming to BGII, the fact that two reloads can end up waaaayyy different :cheers:

So, it seems that BP Balancer does a better job than last time :devil: It just went OFF ... my planned install :D

And it seems you sure got a LOT less bugs than me. Check it out for yourself.

SPOILER: (highlight for second part starting win!!!) :D

Spoiler

(those smilies in the middle look creepy don't they?? :D)

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 01 September 2009 - 04:49 PM.

#14 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

Meh. Smileys are lame. :devil:

Yeah. My only real bugs have been demons in non-vanilla areas. And it's only happened twice. It's weird. One of the merchants in the Friendly Arm entry area had a bunch of 0 gold non-items for sale. A few items have the BG1 stats in their item descriptions. Other than this, I can't think of any bugs (or at least I didn't notice them).