File Updated: 14 Sep 2009
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods
Forum: No Information
Readme: No Information

HOLY AVENGER KIT + EXTRA (v1.02)

This little mod comes with a WEIDU installer and 4 components:

--------------------------------
HOLY AVENGER KIT

Holy Avengers are the most feared and rare warriors within the paladin order. They have usually endured much hardship in the past from the sevants of darkeness and harbour specialy strong hate and taste for vengance. They dedicate their whole life to the sole purpose of destroying evil wherever it appears, usually to the level that can be considered fanatical. Their training & dediaction to that task has made them expert swordsman, yet they fight very offensivly, often ignoring their defenses. They care only devine justice and serving good,even when it conflicts law and order.
Wielding a sword of holy fire, radiating an aura of power and retribution the mere sight of an Holy Avenegr is enough for most evil monsters to flee in terror.
Coupled with a powerful artifact of light, like it namesake the Holy Avenger sword, he is the ultimate weapon of Good and a relentless and dangerous enemy of Darkness.

ADVANTAGES:
- can reach mastery in various swords
- gets a +2 bonus to hit and +3 bonus to damage against Evil enemies
- at levels 1, 5, 10 and 14 gets the Cloak of Fear ability
- at lvl 5 can summon a Holy Blade
- at lvl 10 gets Heavens Wrath ability (a very mighty fist of heavens)
- at lvl 15 gets Devine Vengance ability (adds elemental damage to the avengers attacks)

DISADVANTAGES:
- gets a permanent -2 penalty to AC
- gets a -1 to hit penalty against neutral opponents and -4 penalty against good opponents
- cannot use ranged weapons

----------------------------
EXTRA ITEMS

4 elven swords, 3 two-handed swords, 1 helmet, 2 plate mails, 1 wizzards robe and 2 rings.

----------------------------
ELVEN SUPREMACY (Requires Extra Items)

Small modification to a few NPCs - elven warriors in Suendesalar and end of Underdark.
Their stats and equipment have been improved. It was pitifull to watch them fighitng against drow (with +3 to +5 stuff) with regular weapons and armor.
The merchant in Sundelessanar will sell all of the items.

---------------------------
BLACK DRAGON FIGHT HELP (Requires Extra Items)

My early attempt at an NPC that sadly didn't go anywhere. you'll find a paladin waiting near the Black Dragon in the elven city.
He doesn't talk much, but is very well equipped and will fight the dragon with you.
Also, the paladins that help you fight Bodhi are a bit more capable.

Readme included

Click here to download this file

Edited by Ellderon, 14 September 2009 - 05:18 AM.

- Tolkien fan
- Vision of Escaflowne fan
- Modeler and modder

#2 Ellderon

Ellderon

Lightbringer

• 78 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:11 AM

I found a few smaller things in the mod that could use improvement. I'm tweaking it as I play trough the game and will update the download soon (probably with a few extras).
Any feedback is appreciated.
- Tolkien fan
- Modeler and modder

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:50 AM

Ooooh :D New kit. Ill add it to the kitlist as soon as you update with all those tweaks and stuff you mention :coolthumb:

Cheers and good luck,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 Ellderon

Ellderon

Lightbringer

• 78 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:16 AM

UPDATED!

Needs some more testing.

Please report anything odd.

Also, please pay attention to death saving throws and the Devine Vengance ability.

Edited by Ellderon, 15 September 2009 - 06:00 AM.

- Tolkien fan
- Modeler and modder

#5 Deratiseur

Deratiseur
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:52 AM

This one seem to be really cool :)

Can i translate it to french ?

All my mods are on Github

#6 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:37 AM

Seems to be quite a cool mod, but you really don't need all those SUBCOMPONENTs for one subcomponent for each component! Just leave out the SUBCOMPONENT lines, and you'll be fine, just a minor nitpick, which isn't even a bug. :)

Also, you can use REQUIRE_COMPONENT and DESIGNATED to make sure that components aren't even displayed if Extra Items isn't installed. :)

Doesn't like suedemin.cre in my install, btw. :)

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#7 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

I don't know if this is still being developed, but I have found a bug trying to install the "Elven Supremacy" component. Looking through the DEBUG file, I found the following snippet:

Copied [AvengerKit\suelleg1.cre] to [override/suelleg1.cre]
Copying 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [AvengerKit\suedemin.cre]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Elven Supremacy], rolling back to previous state
[AvengerKit/backup/2/UNSETSTR.2] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Looking in the AvengerKit directory, there is no such file as suedemin.cre. There is a file called sudemin.cre, though. I don't know whether the filename is the typo, or the TP2 file contains a typo (i.e. should the file be called "suedemin.cre" or should the TP2 be changed to copy "sudemin.cre" instead?).

#8 -Wise Grimwald-

-Wise Grimwald-

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

Is this mod compatible with EE?

#9 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

Is this mod compatible with EE?
File Updated: 14 Sep 2009
Nope. Aka, even if you could install the mod, which you can do if you update the weidu.exe with a newer version.... the kits would not be select-able in the game as the tables need extending, and that's about it.

Edited by The Imp, 01 July 2017 - 12:51 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#10 -Wise Grimwald-

-Wise Grimwald-

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:57 AM

Thanks for the reply. However I was wondering if it might be like a number of kit mods that I have in that you cannot choose the kit in game, but you can afterwards choose the kit using EE Keeper.

#11 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for the reply. However I was wondering if it might be like a number of kit mods that I have in that you cannot choose the kit in game, but you can afterwards choose the kit using EE Keeper.
That in the likely case will skip the kits level 1 abilities... aka it's not the kit as meant to. -> Not compatible !

As the compatibility of the kit requires these features as well:
DISADVANTAGES:
- gets a permanent -2 penalty to AC
- gets a -1 to hit penalty against neutral opponents and -4 penalty against good opponents
Those are likely issued on level 1... the last one is done via class specification, which the old install might be able to do. As it's an item restriction.

Edited by The Imp, 01 July 2017 - 03:19 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.