Photo

Long Bow of Marksmanship

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:27 AM

Where is Long Bow of Marksmanship from Bandit Camp, because I don't find it. It's a bug in my install or is a feature of BWP and was moved ? I was to create Bow of the Snow Storm from Thanlantyr. :whistling:

Attached Files

• Attached File  Weidu.7z   18.37K   213 downloads

#2 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:03 PM

Isn't it the named NPC immediately outside of the main hut?

#3 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hello Darpaek, outside I find just Taugosz Khosann (without any kind of dialog - I remember some dialog in vanilla BG 1), if another NPC is supposed to appear (and not do it in my install of BWP) please give me a console code for spawn him ... if is possible <_< or a console code for bow ...

Edited by danemanuelk, 17 September 2009 - 12:22 AM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:34 AM

... just Taugosz Khosann (without any kind of dialog - I remember some dialog in vanilla BG 1) ...

Would this be related to SCS scripting them to become hostile as soon as the fight starts??

Btw, vanilla BGII itm code for the bow is BOW07 :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:34 AM

ZOMG!! Itz the lag I tells ya :( The lag made me double-post :doh:

Edited by Lollorian, 17 September 2009 - 12:46 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#6 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:38 AM

Thanks for code Lollorian :cheers: but what problems is wit lag ? You think because the lag my bow disappear ?

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:50 AM

Heehee :D Well, look again :P

But, yeah, try doing a changelog (#5) of Hakt.cre to find out which mod changes its location ... probably ItemRev but just to make sure :D

Cheers,
Lol

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

Weidu.7z

Thanks, but... no thanks! Cause it's always better to either pack that in a .zip file or not at all. Why? -you ask, cause I at least occupy many computers that have no internal extraction tools in usage, so I can't extract them even if I wanted to... without risking my own or somebody elses livelyhood, so it would be better for you and everyone else to pack them to the simpliest form you can(.zip).

but what problems is wit lag ? You think because the lag my bow disappear ?

The lag he talks about is the one his computer made when he pushed the 'Add Reply'(twice) button in his internet browser, so no, it's can't affect your games inner workings, or so I might think, wouldn't I know any better. ^_^
@L, could you just try not to fail critically when you suggest people to make --change-log's, by adding the lines, or copying the link and the term from here.

try doing a changelog (#5)

:huh: You did check where that went? Cause you should have posted this address. :hug:

Now, to the original question of this thread(as to what might have happened to the LBoM), the item might have been destroyed by some 'special death' animation giving thing(freeze death, desintegration, or common +10 HP over damage with gore on) or be removed by a mod(L's suggestion :rolleyes: ).

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 September 2009 - 01:39 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#9 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:31 AM

OK I will try tot do a change log but witch one :unsure: ? because I did a change log and is empty - nothing relevant ..and I don't understand what Hakt.cre was used in this changelog.

Attached Images

• hakt.JPG

Attached Files

Edited by danemanuelk, 17 September 2009 - 01:42 AM.

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:48 AM

OK I will try tot do a change log but witch one :unsure: ?

The one in your game. So you go to the game directory, right click the change-log.bat, it gives you option to edit the file, or open it with Notepad... so do so. Then you'll see this: '####.###' without the '', replace it with 'hakt.cre' without the ''s, and then save it and run the file with double click. And then there should be a 'log.txt' made from those in the game directory.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 September 2009 - 01:49 AM.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:53 AM

@jarno: :doh: My bad :P (this day isn't going well at all :D)

Anyway, since we already know which file to changelog, how bout we directly give them custom versions of the BWP change-log.bat to run by attaching them?? ;) Like this one for hakt.cre :P

@danemanuelk: Try extracting the attached thingy and running it in the BGII-SoA folder, check for a new file calle haktchangelog.txt or sommin :P

But looking at the sshot, it seems many mods change the .cre :D Scs, revisedbattles, BGTTweaks, BP-WeiDU ... agprices??? :huh:

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

#12 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:53 AM

Thanks Jarno for explanation, I make it again ...but still nothing

Attached Files

#13 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

UBER thanks Lollorian but still nothing ...(I use yous customize change log)

Attached Files

Edited by danemanuelk, 17 September 2009 - 02:03 AM.

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:12 AM

Hmmm ... strange, you've not, by any chance, run the BiG World Cleanup.bat yet, have you?? :unsure:

Cheers,
Lol

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

Search your game folder for setup*.exe files, you might have a WeiDU.exe upgrading bug that causes your computer to get stuck on that point of the window so it won't run... if any of those files are much bigger or smaller that 589Kb's, they need to be removed for the program to be able to be ran. So delete the wrong sized setup-*modname*.exe's and reran the .bat Lollorian gave you.

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:19 AM

Considering that he has a very good lookin WeiDU.log with ALL the tactics mods installed, I highly doubt that to be the problem :P Anyway, I don't think the changelog uses the setup-*.exe's either :unsure: (not sure though :P)

Cheers,
Lol

#17 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

@Lollorian when was supposed to run the BiG World Cleanup.bat ? because I don't remember anything about that .... sorry

@ Jarno I check twice all my setup*.exe from my folder game but all seems to be OK ... all have 589 kb

BUT strangely now ..I made e correct log

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21100
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

Mods affecting HAKT.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-VAULT.TP2~ 0 0 // The Vault (erebusant's rework for BGT compatibility)
00002: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5000 // Smarter general AI
00003: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5010 // Better calls for help
00004: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 5024 // Three quarters of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost
00005: ~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ 0 6160 // Tougher chapter-three end battle
00006: ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
00007: ~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ 0 27 // Modify .CRE Proficiencies, Abilities & Effects. This component MUST be installed.
00008: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 1400 // More bandit scalps
00009: ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 0 2400 // Enemy items shatter
00010: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 1090 // Exotic Item Pack
00011: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 1 // Reduce to 50%
00012: ~AGPRICES/SETUP-AGPRICES.TP2~ 0 28 // Reduce to 25%

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:31 AM

Don't run the cleanup.bat ... never ever :D (you can't make changelogs if you do that :()

First dibs on the Vault being the culprit :cheers: It seems to overwrite the .cre with its own version :unsure:

But ya already found it using your "Bhaalpowers" ;) (CLUA :P) so I don't think it's a major problem :D

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 17 September 2009 - 02:35 AM.

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

Anyway, I don't think the changelog uses the setup-*.exe's either :unsure: (not sure though :P)

Just so that you know, the setup-*.exe is a renamed WeiDU.exe, so the --change-log'ging does use that. ^_^

Now, if you danemanuelk could attach the files that you have in the game direcory(the once in the picture for example), Lollorian could check which of those creatures have the LBoM. I can't sorry...

#20 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

Yes I use my "Bhaalpowers" CLUA because now is too late for me too replay all from Bandit Camp .... I am in Cloackwood mines now ... but I remember of Bow of the Snow Storm and when I want to make it I don't find in my collection of items Long Bow of Marksmanship. So I reload an old save before bandit Camp but nobody seems to have Long Bow of Marksmanship. That is the story of this tread :cheers:

@ Jarno ... I don't understand exactly what file is necessary to upload ... but I will be OK wit clua console I think ... maby next version of BWP

Edited by danemanuelk, 17 September 2009 - 02:45 AM.