• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hi,

I have tried last BWS today and everything goes well until the install.bat

I stopped install.bat at the very beginning in order to make a few change in the install.bat :
- changed "SET L=.exe --language " to "SET L=.exe " (in order to choose the French language when available and English in others case)
- added "3000" to BG2_Tweaks (max hit points when level up)
- added "4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067" to scsII (every stronghold quest available)

Everything seems alright before BGT. When installation of BGT run, I get this error (complete log attached to this message). :
[BMINSC.DLG] loaded
[BJAHEIR.DLG] loaded
[BEDWIN.DLG] loaded
WARNING: internal label [1] not found in processed DLG [MONTAP]
ERROR: processing .D actions [BG1D/MONTAP.D]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Composant principal], rolling back to previous state

If I look for MONTAP.D, I found one in :
- E:\BGII - SoA\BGT\Compat\BGT
- E:\BGII - SoA\BGT\Compat\TDD
- E:\BGII - SoA\TDD\Compat\BGT (aMONTAP.D)
- E:\BGII - SoA\TDD\Compat\TDD

But I can't find MONTAP.TRA in BGT folder ! However, there are some in TDD folder...

Does it means that BGT can't be the "faulty"?
It seems to me that it is a kind of incompatibility between TDD-English and BGT-French... But I don't know how to discover which one is the "faulty"...
Anyone can help?

Thank you.

Attached Files

#2 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

There are only very few things specific to the French version of BGT. Mostly a string to fix in the tra file extracted from BG1 and a few fixes regarding the sound files (missing or bad).
There should be no problem when compiling a D file because of a mix of languages, at least not with the kind of error you face. The problem is the structure of the dialog file, which is not consistent with what BGT expects. This expectation doesn't change with the language as it is in the D file.

The BG1D directory is from BGT installation (placeholder for D files during installation). Considering the TP2 file from BGT, the MONTAP.D file that is compiled from there is coming from Compat\BGT or Compat\TDD, from the BGT mod of course.
The difference between the two is this ligne, added at the beginning of the TDD related file:

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER ~MONTAP~ 0 ~Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)~ 1 2

That is the only place where any reference to a dialog item with identification 1 is present. So this is likely to be the culprit. However the root cause seems to be the absence of the MONTAP.DLG file before installing BGT or its unexpected content regarding the addition of the trigger.

Before proceeding with installation of BGT (when you can choose the language), check if the MONTAP.DLG exists in the Override. You may also check with Near Infinity if the MONTAP.DLG file indeed has 4 states (it should have after TDD installation). The first three, 0, 1 and 2 (which match the values in the ADD_STATE_TRIGGER command) are intended to be modified so that they only trigger in the BG 2 part of the game, hence the addition of the trigger "ENDOFBG1".

My assumption is that the TDD installation went wrong or some other mod changed or removed that file, so that BGT can't patch the dialog.

If you want to check which mod altered the files, create a directory called "ChangesMonty" (or whatever name you prefer) and use the command "weidu --change-log MONTAP.DLG --out ChangesMonty". WeiDU will display which mods changed the files and output the intermediate content of the file with each change in the "ChangesMonty" directory (only if more than one mod changed it though, I think).

Edited by Isaya, 18 November 2009 - 12:05 PM.

#3 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

There are only very few things specific to the French version of BGT. Mostly a string to fix in the tra file extracted from BG1 and a few fixes regarding the sound files (missing or bad).
There should be no problem when compiling a D file because of a mix of languages, at least not with the kind of error you face. The problem is the structure of the dialog file, which is not consistent with what BGT expects. This expectation doesn't change with the language as it is in the D file.

The BG1D directory is from BGT installation (placeholder for D files during installation). Considering the TP2 file from BGT, the MONTAP.D file that is compiled from there is coming from Compat\BGT or Compat\TDD, from the BGT mod of course.
The difference between the two is this ligne, added at the beginning of the TDD related file:

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER ~MONTAP~ 0 ~Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",2)~ 1 2

That is the only place where any reference to a dialog item with identification 1 is present. So this is likely to be the culprit. However the root cause seems to be the absence of the MONTAP.DLG file before installing BGT or its unexpected content regarding the addition of the trigger.

Thank you for your help. It's look like you are right...
Here is the experiment i have done : I've reloaded my BWS selection, edit only one line in the install.bat in order to choose BGT in French instead of BGT in English (changing %IFES%BGT%S%BGT%L%0 to %IFES%BGT%S%BGT%L%3) and everything goes well when installing BGT...
So it's probably a previously installed mod that put garbage in my installation...

Before proceeding with installation of BGT (when you can choose the language), check if the MONTAP.DLG exists in the Override. You may also check with Near Infinity if the MONTAP.DLG file indeed has 4 states (it should have after TDD installation). The first three, 0, 1 and 2 (which match the values in the ADD_STATE_TRIGGER command) are intended to be modified so that they only trigger in the BG 2 part of the game, hence the addition of the trigger "ENDOFBG1".

I may try this later (I have to make the installation again).

My assumption is that the TDD installation went wrong or some other mod changed or removed that file, so that BGT can't patch the dialog.

If you want to check which mod altered the files, create a directory called "ChangesMonty" (or whatever name you prefer) and use the command "weidu --change-log MONTAP.DLG --out ChangesMonty". WeiDU will display which mods changed the files and output the intermediate content of the file with each change in the "ChangesMonty" directory (only if more than one mod changed it though, I think).

Here is the result :
Mods affecting MONTAP.DLG:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ 0 0 // The Darkest Day,  v1.12
It's very strange since my last installation (with only BGT in French and others mods in English) worked... is it reliable?

I think the problem is due to another mod, a mod that I have installed in French before BGT (hopefully, according to my weidu.log there are not much)... I will have to investigate more...

#4 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:34 AM

I discover something interesting :
If I install everything in English but BGT in French then it works...
If I install everything possible in French it doesn't work...
If I install everything possible in French but Ascension in English it works...

You can know guess what I have found in readme of ascension :
* Ascension/WeiDU v1.4.23
+ Updated the French translation.

I will send a message there...

#5 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

Well it's getting stranger each day... I've removed ascension from my selection and tried again a French installation of others mods and the installation of BGT crash the same way :/
I've pointed ascension, but I was wrong.
I can't understand what's happen... I guess I will give up the French installation and install everything in English.

#6 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:44 AM

Since Ascension covers ToB and TDD covers only SoA, apart from a file name conflict, it would have been surprising if Ascension could prevent a proper installation of TDD impacting BGT.
I've never tried a mega-installation, let alone a BWP installation, so I have no idea what's going on with such huge mix of mods.

I find it amazing that installing BGT in English instead of French could avoid the problem you mentioned. I wish Ascension64 or some BWP modder could give a more insightful answer.
I'd say "go for the English version" if don't want to loose more time than you already did to make all these tests. Or check our translation forum for another option (if you feel like making even more tests).

#7 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:15 AM

Since Ascension covers ToB and TDD covers only SoA, apart from a file name conflict, it would have been surprising if Ascension could prevent a proper installation of TDD impacting BGT.
I've never tried a mega-installation, let alone a BWP installation, so I have no idea what's going on with such huge mix of mods.

I find it amazing that installing BGT in English instead of French could avoid the problem you mentioned. I wish Ascension64 or some BWP modder could give a more insightful answer.
I'd say "go for the English version" if don't want to loose more time than you already did to make all these tests. Or check our translation forum for another option (if you feel like making even more tests).

I think that it's always hard to understand problems in MegaMod. But with BWP, providing you don't choose "expert", I have only encountered minor problems or known problems... BWP team really makes good work :Bow:

About my problem, thanks to the "famous" flu :wub: , I had a lot of time left to make these tests, but, I'm currently fed up with these tests* (I have tried for a week...), and moreover, it's time to get back to work (I won't have much time to test anymore ;))

* I kept everything to make more tests

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

I find it amazing that installing BGT in English instead of French could avoid the problem you mentioned.

Yes, I'm wondering, too. Normally you can install a mod/megamod in every possible language. At the moment you can install the BWP in English, German and in Spanish (only in one language or with mixed languages). With the Spanish one, there wasn't such problems. Sounds like, that some French translations are not correct implemented in the mods...

Sorry, we can't help you at the moment, or have the time to check a French installation.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 25 November 2009 - 11:16 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#9 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:43 PM

Yes, I'm wondering, too. Normally you can install a mod/megamod in every possible language. At the moment you can install the BWP in English, German and in Spanish (only in one language or with mixed languages). With the Spanish one, there wasn't such problems. Sounds like, that some French translations are not correct implemented in the mods...

Sorry, we can't help you at the moment, or have the time to check a French installation.

Greetings Leomar

Well, I had already successfully installed a "small" BigWorld in French with BWS/BWP this summer. I know that it should works.
I can understand that you have already a lot of work with 3 languages (and the updates you release very fast !), no problem.
As soon as I have some time available, I will try to compare the installation in French and in English of the few mods I have tried to install before BGT. No doubt, I will finally find what's going wrong :)

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

Hi Fouinto :)

I know time is precious but are you able to try a manual install without BWS and with just BG2 fixpack, BGT and TDD in the languages you initially tried? We can try a barebones approach to see if TDD needs something changed. A French version will be available in the not to distant future.

Hopefully we can get things to work for you :new_thumbs:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#11 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

I know time is precious but are you able to try a manual install without BWS and with just BG2 fixpack, BGT and TDD in the languages you initially tried? We can try a barebones approach to see if TDD needs something changed. A French version will be available in the not to distant future.

Hopefully we can get things to work for you :new_thumbs:

Of course, I can try that. I will also try to "diff" the DEBUG files of each mod (thee is no error and not warning but may be i can find something suspicious...)

#12 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:06 AM

Hi,

I have tried last BWS today and everything goes well until the install.bat

I stopped install.bat at the very beginning in order to make a few change in the install.bat :
- changed "SET L=.exe --language " to "SET L=.exe " (in order to choose the French language when available and English in others case)
- added "3000" to BG2_Tweaks (max hit points when level up)
- added "4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067" to scsII (every stronghold quest available)

Everything seems alright before BGT. When installation of BGT run, I get this error (complete log attached to this message). :

[BMINSC.DLG] loaded
[BJAHEIR.DLG] loaded
[BEDWIN.DLG] loaded
WARNING: internal label [1] not found in processed DLG [MONTAP]
ERROR: processing .D actions [BG1D/MONTAP.D]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Composant principal], rolling back to previous state

If I look for MONTAP.D, I found one in :
- E:\BGII - SoA\BGT\Compat\BGT
- E:\BGII - SoA\BGT\Compat\TDD
- E:\BGII - SoA\TDD\Compat\BGT (aMONTAP.D)
- E:\BGII - SoA\TDD\Compat\TDD

But I can't find MONTAP.TRA in BGT folder ! However, there are some in TDD folder...

Does it means that BGT can't be the "faulty"?
It seems to me that it is a kind of incompatibility between TDD-English and BGT-French... But I don't know how to discover which one is the "faulty"...
Anyone can help?

Thank you.

Fouinto is casting resurrection on this thread

Hi,

I have a new computer :cheers: and I could start few experiments again and I think I have found the culprit :cheers: : changed "SET L=.exe --language " to "SET L=.exe "

I make a copy of "BGII - SoA" directory before launching "BiG World Install.bat" and make two experiments :
  • In the first directory, launch "BiG World Install.bat" and choose English as usual,
  • In the second directory, launch "BiG World Install.bat" after having modified "SET L=.exe --language " to "SET L=.exe ". I make the same choice than the line above and every time weidu ask me "which language do you want to use?", I answer 0 (English).
And guess what, first work, second doesn't.

So now, everybody know that using "SET L=.exe " is not a good idea :o