Wee bug

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 -Sir Buliwyf-

-Sir Buliwyf-

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:11 PM

Just a wee bug. not one that's going to ruin things for me or anything. I just arrived in hell after fighting irenicus.

Tashia says "Just when i thought it was all over"
the dialogue goes funny and i get
"NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS"

and i drop out of dialogue. we just carried on as per normal. I haven't installed any mods over tashia and it's the latest version.

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:45 PM

sir buliwyf

i've had that problem too: but only with the thappy patch installed, not prior to it. you'll most likely find another bug when you try and kill irenicus one final time: there'l be no dialogs, he'll summon no demons, and you wont be able to kill him.

the only solution i've found (haven't tried uninstalling thappy yet - as i type that i'm wondering why not, it seems so obvious) is to release or ctrl-y tashia just prior to both irenicus fights (ctrl-y is more reliable - she'll appear dead in hell this way) and then recruit again/ ctrl-r her after everyone has said their comments.

purely a workaround, not a solution, but hey, at least it works.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:15 PM

Have you tried telling her she looks funny yet?

That's the dialogue fixer.

#4 -Sir Buliwyf-

-Sir Buliwyf-

Posted 31 May 2004 - 05:37 PM

Lol, i tell her she looks odd all the time. never knew it was a dialogue fixer. I don't have the happy patch and i didn't get the 2nd bug you mentiond. just the one thing. I was a little worried because now in ToB i no longer have the option to flirt with her an was worried the romance had died but then the she did the talk thing and the soppy music came on so it seems it's still living, just no kissing <sigh> :P

#5 Arian

Arian

One of Tashia's personal pets

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:57 AM

It's an issue that occurs when the location where Tashia's dialogs are being inserted has been moved previously by another mod. I think one of the later versions released by others fixed this? I'm not certain. Back when I made the mod there was no way to check the inserted location in WeiDU.

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")

#6 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:26 AM

About the flirting in TOB: that's not a bug (and no it's not a feature either), there simply aren't any flirts for TOB yet.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#7 Arian

Arian

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:07 AM

There is no "yet". No flirting in ToB is because in ToB you are in a relationship already and no longer need to try to get her attention. That was my reasoning. :P

"The very identity of every reasoning being is defined by the language, the communication between that being and others around it." -- Drizzt Do'Urden (R.A. Salvatore, "Exile")

#8 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:40 PM

You have a point, but then don't call it flirts... It's just interesting to have some kind of player-initiated dialogue, even if there isn't much of it. Besides, it's perfectly legal for couples to flirt, isn't it? When you're having a relationship, it's perhaps even more important to get her attention.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#9 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:42 PM

re: no valid links or replies

having just played thru hell, i experienced - again - both errors i've described above. altho i tried tashia's auto-correct routine, it has no effect.

as has become usual, i lived with the 'no valid links or replies' when you enter hell, and i removed her from the party just prior to activating the last tear of bhaal: irenicus rocks in, everyone says their piece, battle kicks off, tashia finds me and asks to rejoin the party, i agree, everything continues without drama.

for what it's worth, i'm currently running a BP install, altho a: i've had that problem with a TDD install; and b: this install was clean, even downloaded fresh versions of all the mods, in order to make it all go smoothly.

i'll go thru my list of mods later - the TDD install is quite different from the BP install - and work out what the common mods are. i've got a savegame just prior to one of the crash points, so i'll try a few uninstall-reinstalls to see if anything works.

re: flirts - if i remember correctly, the flirts for the bioware characters change after romanceactive=2: they become in-relationship actions (such as the 'bathe with x' flirt) rather than (more or less clumsy) seduction routines. but they're still flirts :P .

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#10 Arian

Arian

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 04:54 AM

The "no valid replies" thing is a sign that dialog.tlk file has modified before Tashia mod was installed. Hum... I guess the latter versions of the mod don't fix that either then?

P.S. Telling Tashia she looks odd is a way to fix her name and bio, not the dialog options. ;)

#11 yakosparks

yakosparks
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:45 AM

Well, then, please, can anybody make some sort of "mod list order"?
I have the last version, when I install it and after the language selection the program asks if I want to install Tashia ToB, said yes, then ask me again if I want to install Tashia SoA (without Tob) What do I do? Yes? No? Quit? Then I have the 2 Tashias, no matter, no major problem.
So about the mod order, I have: Tactics, UB, Kelsey, Ascencion, Redemption, Battles, Banters, Improved thieves and Easy of use. The same "no valid replies" thing happened to me, and Irenicus doesn't do anything and even doesn't die, as I can see here I noticed that is a Tashia issue, anything can be done?
I insist on the order thing because you read every readme and all of them say that you best try to install them last.
My kindest regards

#12 Arian

Arian

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:08 AM

I'd recommend installing Tashia after the official ToB patch. If you install it after other mods theres a chance that those other mods moved the dialog.tlk entries Tashia mod is supposed to edit.

#13 yakosparks

yakosparks
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:51 AM

Ok Arian, but, shouldn't the last mod write everything on top of all of the others?
Whatever, of course you know more than I do (that's why I am here asking and you answering, right?)
So, yesterday, after read that "remove Tahia-recover her" thing, I did that, so Irenicus fight, everybody talks and a happy ending. BUT, here's something I bet no one suffered: after the big reunion and farewells from the elves, the ToB loading movie, etc, and this: Korgan, Tashia and Chloe were in the 3 heads screen, Imoen, Viconia and me were still in the farewell party! so I came out, explored Suldanesellar, even I could go out of town, but I command Korgan to activate the skull so that girl could come to kill and see if could be all together in the pocket dimension, the girl came and Viconia Immy and I manage to kill her and finally got all together in the pocket, strange but true, is this a cause from Tashia mod?
So, the idea is to install Tashia first?
What about the options from the install program? when it ask to install first ToB version and then SoA withot ToB, should I say no? yes?
Thank you for your patience.
My best regards
And very good work.

#14 Arian

Arian

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:45 AM

I know less than you think. :P

I may have created the mod, but it's been modified by others since then... hehe. For example I am not sure about the installation options. The version I released last (2.05C), which was finished two years ago with change, required ToB and so it didn't have such options. There was no SoA-only installation. So hum. I would guess install the ToB version, and say no to SoA-only installation? I'm very much in the dark here. :rolleyes:

P.S. As for last mod writing everything on top of others -- not exactly. Parts such as pre-Irenicus fight insert dialogs into a specific (and unfortunately fixed) location in the dialog.tlk file, so if another mod moved that location, Tashia's dialogs would be inserted into the wrong place. This is why advise installing Tashia first rather than last.

Edited by Arian, 16 June 2004 - 05:48 AM.

#15 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:44 AM

yako,

re: the split party thing. yep, i've had that too, but it's not a tashia thing - i had it when tashia wasnt installed. i think, but i'm not certain, that it's a (rare) side-effect of the way the cutscene to TOB is managed by the actual game. it's nothing that a CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR4000") won't fix.

re: tashia tob+soa or soa-only? if you want to use her in TOB *or* if you have TOB installed, choose tob+soa, otherwise choose soa-only. the only side-effect of installing both is that you will have *two* tashias in the inn at trademeet - both of which will be identical, and only one of which you will need (you can ctrl-y the other without any dramas).

re: install order. i've taken to installing tashia early in the mod-install process, and since then i've not had any trouble with the 'no valid links or replies' problem.

#16 yakosparks

yakosparks
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 04:02 AM

Well, I've got the issue solved, since I made this "chitin, dialog, override" backup thing it was no problem to do a new "moding reinstall", so, as Arian says, the "no valid..." thing isn't there anymore and all work out fine.
So I just want to thank you seanas for let me post my issue in your post, and to you Arian, because others may modified the mod but it was you who create it.
Thanks for you patience.
(sorry for my spelling, my languaje isn't english)
My best regards

#17 Arian

Arian

• Modder
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:09 AM

Glad you liked it ^_^

#18 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:59 AM

*bump*

hey, i think i might have accidentally found the cause of this problem and/or a solution. i was looking at the arrival in hell dialogues and found i had four blocks for tashia replies - remembering of course that i've installed and uninstalled tashia a few times.

reply#100 is a link to btashia, block291 with conditions
!IfValidForPartyDialogue("J#Kelsey")
IfValidForPartyDialogue("Tashia")
Global("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_3","LOCALS",0)

reply#101 is *also* a link to btashia, block 291 with conditions
!IfValidForPartyDialogue("Tashia")

which clearly can't have valid links or replies, i'd reckon.

for completeness (and amusement) purposes, i'll add:
reply#102 is *also* a link to btashia, block291 with conditions

reply#103 is *another* link to btashia, block 291 with conditions

and it isn't til we get to reply#104 that we have a link to someone else, in this case imoen2j, which has the conditions
IfValidForPartyDialogue("Imoen2")

next time i'm taking tashia thru hell, i'll try removing these extraneous reply refs (and the extra conditions in all of the other NPC reply refs) and see if it works properly.

as to how to stop tashia doing this on install, someone with more .tp2 skills than me will have to help here.