Photo

Looking to commission someone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Plasmocat

Plasmocat

Incredible, unstoppable titan of terror!

• 1123 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 08:20 AM

Hey guys, would anyone be interested in editing an item for me in such a way that it resembles a sawed-off shotgun?

I am currently playing Ash, who rocks considerably as a fighter/thief. I like him so much that I can see myself playing him for quite a while to come. However, I would love to give him at least his shotgun and I think I have found an item that can mimick one in terms of function. I just need it to *look* like a shotgun.

(Haven't found the same for a chainsaw, but if anyone has ideas I'm open to them.)

I'm thinking that an Erinne Sling +5 could function like a shotgun. (link to weapon description)

Ideally, I would like it not be able to launch regular bullets in favor of the five +4 bullets a day this item can create. But, since this isn't going into a mod I don't think that's vitally important at this time. But the idea is that Ash could concieveably make 5 bullets a day to make his shotgun function & it would keep him from relying on it too heavily.

Now, I don't have the file for this weapon other than whatever is listed in Shadowkeeper. I also don't know how to overlay the images that would not only cover the item as listed in his inventory but also on his paperdoll within the game.

So basically what I am looking for is for someone to make the .bam for the item *and* for someone to make the item work in the game, however that happens. I can commission someone in Sol Ek Sa for the .bam, but I thought this would be the best place to advertise for someone who can do the coding.

Are there any takers? {insert pleading emoticon here}

Edited by Plasmocat, 17 August 2004 - 08:25 AM.

All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. -- Albert Camus

#2 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 12:13 PM

got it done exept the description of the item itself (when you right click on the item) you need 2 one identifed and one not, you have to right it your self.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 17 August 2004 - 12:15 PM.

Live Free Or Die

#3 Plasmocat

Plasmocat

• 1123 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:40 PM

Ermm ... Thanks, SK except that I don't see anything :(

I also don't know what to do with it. I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but I need instructions. :)
All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. -- Albert Camus

#4 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:02 PM

look at any item (right click on it) it gives the discription of the item, a story if you will. There is also the damage, thac0, weight, and ect, but I'll put that stuff in. Just write some thing like a long strange object... for the unidentifed item, then write a another, better story. I'll fill it in but you need to write it. pm me or post it here. when thats done I'll finnish it then get it to you.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 17 August 2004 - 05:53 PM.

Live Free Or Die

#5 Plasmocat

Plasmocat

• 1123 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:55 PM

Thanks, SK. I'll PM you with the info. :)