Please tell me it's almost finished

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 -Auryela-

-Auryela-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:13 AM

When I first heard that an Edwin romance was being made I quite honestly jumped up and ran around screaming OHMIGOD OHMIGOD I CAN'T WAIT!!!
:D From what I have read about it so far...it sounds grrreat! I'm still waiting *very* patiently, but please please please tell me that it's gonna be finished in like less than 3 months.

P.S. i have no idea how long stuff like this takes...but however long it does take...I KNOW it will be worth the wait! Keep up the good work!

#2 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:51 AM

We are looking at weeks now not months. Hats off to Nebukad -- he has taken the project over from my hands while I was busy redeeming Irenicus. I am now testing the near complete version of ToB. The SoA portion has been completed some time ago.

#3 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:56 AM

When I first heard that an Edwin romance was being made I quite honestly jumped up and ran around screaming OHMIGOD OHMIGOD I CAN'T WAIT!!!
:D From what I have read about it so far...it sounds grrreat! I'm still waiting *very* patiently, but please please please tell me that it's gonna be finished in like less than 3 months.

P.S. i have no idea how long stuff like this takes...but however long it does take...I KNOW it will be worth the wait! Keep up the good work!

What Dorotea said. :) The SoA part is completely finished now, and much of ToB has been done, though that still needs to be fully tested.

And once this mod is complete, I have some interesting ideas for more Edwin goodness...among other things.

#4 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:14 AM

:D :thumb: :D ^_^
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#5 Nebukad

Nebukad
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:23 PM

We are looking at weeks now not months. Hats off to Nebukad -- he has taken the project over from my hands while I was busy redeeming Irenicus. I am now testing the near complete version of ToB. The SoA portion has been completed some time ago.

Well, I can't take all the responsibility for coding the ToB portion, Lord E had already coded much of the dialogue when I started coding it.

#6 -Hishi-

-Hishi-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:46 PM

Glad I won't have to wait much longer now... :D
Always thought Edwin was the best NPC, and now I finally get to romance him :wub: wonderful, wonderful.
Hats off to everyone involved in making this mod.

#7 -Auryela-

-Auryela-

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

This probably already been covered, but...
Is there going to be an npc flirt option like in the kelsey MOD?
If so, are there going to be any interesting (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
options for when Edwin becomes Edwina? :edwin:
Caz I think that would be fun! (not to mention perverted...but i can't help myself Edwin is sexy even when he's a girl)
*Looks slightly embarassed and sheepish for bring up that particular subject*
Yeah, so long story short - I think there should be an npc flirt option, because that was the main reason I enjoyed the kelsey MOD as opposed to the solafuein MOD.

Oh, yeah...besides who hasn't wanted to grab Edwin's butt or just passionately kiss him in the middle of the five flagons??? :love:

#8 V. Lokai

V. Lokai
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:30 PM

Well, I'll be playing it.  :thumb:

#9 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

So will I. ^_^

崇高滑稽
·

#10 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:15 AM

Yeh, i agree with the flirt options, but i also think its becoming standard in romance mods... GOOD!!! :)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#11 Erszebeth

Erszebeth
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:55 AM

And once this mod is complete, I have some interesting ideas for more Edwin goodness...among other things.

Good. I'm readying myself to drool.

What Dorotea said.  The SoA part is completely finished now, and much of ToB has been done, though that still needs to be fully tested.

Well. I will try to produce the entire french translation in time for the release of the mod. The bêta readers of the translation are enthusiasmed by your humor and inventivity, Laufey.
Erszebeth, the french sideshow freak

#12 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:19 AM

This probably already been covered, but...
Is there going to be an npc flirt option like in the kelsey MOD?
If so, are there going to be any interesting (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
options for when Edwin becomes Edwina? :edwin:
Caz I think that would be fun! (not to mention perverted...but i can't help myself Edwin is sexy even when he's a girl)
*Looks slightly embarassed and sheepish for bring up that particular subject*
Yeah, so long story short - I think there should be an npc flirt option, because that was the main reason I enjoyed the kelsey MOD as opposed to the solafuein MOD.

Oh, yeah...besides who hasn't wanted  to grab Edwin's butt or just passionately kiss him in the middle of the five flagons??? :love:

Well...yes and no. :) The plan is that there will be more Edwin interaction, but written in my own style. In other words, plenty of chatting with Edwin, interacting with Edwin, teasing Edwin, certainly hugging and kissing, but no grabbing of butts or detailed descriptions of them - I prefer to leave that sort of thing to the player's own imagination. ;)

Edited: Mind you, I hope you don't think I'm trying to put you down over the butt thing - that wasn't my intention at all, only to give a vague hint about which direction this will be going in.

And yes, there will definitely be *some* kind of interaction with Edwina. :) :edwin: Not in the 'physical romance' sense though, since that would contradict how things happen in the main mod.

Edited by Laufey, 19 August 2004 - 09:35 AM.

#13 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:20 AM

Well. I will try to produce the entire french translation in time for the release of the mod. The bêta readers of the translation are enthusiasmed by your humor and inventivity, Laufey.

Very happy to hear it! :)

#14 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:21 AM

Glad I won't have to wait much longer now... :D
Always thought Edwin was the best NPC, and now I finally get to romance him :wub: wonderful, wonderful.
Hats off to everyone involved in making this mod.

Thanks! :D I hope you'll enjoy the mod when it's done - I've just started to run through the ToB part myself today, and it seems to work out fine so far.

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:36 AM

is it almost done i can't wait btw in the cards is awesome

#16 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:32 PM

is it almost done i can't wait btw in the cards is awesome

Thank you. :) Yes, it is almost done, Neb is working on the ToB part at the moment, but that should take far less time than the SoA one since the scripts are less complicated.

#17 -Hishi-

-Hishi-

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:19 PM

I know this has been asked multiple times before, buuut.... do you know how much longer it will take to finish the mod?

(Apologises for being an impatient .... very nasty person?) :vbat:

#18 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:53 PM

Impatient? Very nasty?
Don't be so hard on yourself.
I'd say you are enthusiastic and looking forward to this Mod. ^_^

It can't be very long now, unless some drastic real-life events happen which will delay the work on the Mod.
(let's hope not :( )

I'm looking forward to this myself. *resists urge to dance* :P

Edited by Moongaze, 22 August 2004 - 12:54 PM.

#19 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:15 PM

I know this has been asked multiple times before, buuut.... do you know how much longer it will take to finish the mod?

(Apologises for being an impatient .... very nasty person?) :vbat:

No, no, not nasty at all. :) It won't take much longer, I promise. I'm testing the ToB part now, and most of that is already programmed so it's mainly a matter of sorting out bugs.

Barring whatever RL may throw at us, I estimate the mod will be done this autumn/winter, and quite possibly before Christmas. Can't promise for sure, of course. ;)

#20 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 23 August 2004 - 05:51 AM

Barring whatever RL may throw at us, I estimate the mod will be done this autumn/winter, and quite possibly before Christmas. Can't promise for sure, of course. 

yeah (runs in circles and jumps up and down)