Photo

Want to make NPC Mod! (Last Ditch Effort)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:00 AM

Alright, this is the last time I try this. :rolleyes:

About six months (and one heart attack) ago I hung around various forums trying to get info on making an NPC.

I never quite "Got it" - I follow Ghreyfan's "how to" get so far and then - Kablooie!

Now, my heart attck didn't have anything to do with Modding (I think, though hours at my computer did send the ol' blood pressure into the red zone :P ) but it DID make me stop and consider that I don't need to get so worked up over things.

Anyway, to that end, what I would like to do is this. As I am apparently retarded in computers/programs/mod making, I would like to go through Ghrey's how to here, posting what I do as I go and have someone maybe telling me where I am screwing up. Would this be allowed? (I have one NPC and/or group) I would really love to do but halfway through kablooie!)

Either that or talk to someone via e-mail about it.

MY problems arn't Your problems, but I want to try this in the easiest way possible for myself. If anyone has a little time please let me know and I will post here or get in touch with ya.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I believe it is something small.

Thanks

Minotaur_in_maze - I am back. :)
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#2 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:35 AM

I can at least try. I am not the most experienced modder, but if you need help, PM me. I will try to answer your questions if I can.

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#3 -minotaur_in_maze-

-minotaur_in_maze-

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:28 PM

Okay, Thank you and I will PM you within a day or so. :)

I THINK my problem lies somewhere between compiling, (getting everything together) and the cre. file.

I am working from Ghrey's npc how to and dialog 101 and getting muffed up as to where to put things, I think.

I have all of my "If~~Then's written out for the dialog and banters, I believe except for maybe a misplaced tilde or two :) but getting everything together...

Anyhow, I will be in toch shortly, and I THANK YOU for your time.

Respectfully

Minotaur In Maze

#4 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:05 PM

It's usually more efficient to post your coding problems. With forum posts you have a large pool of knowledgeable people to draw from. With PMs and email you run the risk of the person you're dealing with being away or asleep or just plain busy with other stuff.

#5 -minotaur_in_maze-

-minotaur_in_maze-

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:05 PM

Okay, I will try it like that. I am not sure if what I am having is a coding problem or not, except for maybe a misplaced tilde~ or two anyway.

The more I think about it, the more I believe my problem to be trying to follow to much information at once and not knowing just what the hell I am doing. So, let me outline what I have done thus far and proceed from there.

On instruction taken from Ghreyfan's NPC how to AND How to NPC with WeiDU I have:

Written my Join dialog (The "D" file - in this case naming it "octobr" -which, from what I read in WeiDU NPC Creation will turn into "octobr.dlg"

In this text file I have written the character'sinitial meeting and join options as well as the turned down option I have also (in the same text document) written my InquireHistory and what not to set my character on the path I want them to go.

In a Second text document I have written the "Kickout" (octobrP) code as well as the rejoin option...can I put this on the same text docu as the first meeting/inquire d-file?

NEXT from the tutorial"Road to banter" I have (on a THIRD text docu - and I really think I need to find a compiler. I heard a product called PFE works but can't find out much about it) written out some banters between my character and the PC. I need to know where to find the files for other game characters so I can do some APPENDS...but anyway... THIS is where things start to go weird for me.

In "Road to banter, it is written:

"When you only have a handful of conversations to put in, this doesn't matter as much. When you have A LOT, though, things can turn into a jumbled mess that's impossible to sort out. So, there's need for a little organization. My personal method is having all the beginning blocks first, all the ending blocks next, all the CHAINs next, and then all the APPENDs listed out last. Note that CHAIN implicitly ends a dialogue you have started with BEGIN, as in BEGIN BBLUE. The only real rule of thumb is to keep stuff that YOUR NPC specifically deals with (The beginning and ending blocks he/she says) separated from the stuff that other NPCs will say (APPENDs, which I'll explain momentarily.) CHAINs, while seeming like they should go into the APPEND block of whomever starts the CHAIN, all go into your NPC's banter file, but AFTER all the beginning/ending IF/THEN blocks. That's how it works."

- I think my head imploded. :wacko:

WHAT do I put WHERE and can JOINING UP/REFUSED - KICK OUT/REJOIN any INQUIRY and such along with BANTERS and what not all go on the SAME Text docu (d?) file ???

Next question - Making the .cre

That I think will be easier. I just (right now) have pages and pages of code with no idea how to put it together.

Minotaur In Maze - future modder (I hope)

#6 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:18 PM

That tutorial confused me for a while. I have very nearly finished making my NPC (check sig). If you like I could send you the .d and .tra files?

I bug-check by compiling in WeiDU, and I edit text with Ultra-Edit 32. PFE works just as well.

#7 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:57 PM

You don't need to keep your different dialog files in different documents. The BEGIN octobr and BEGIN octobrP tell WeiDU that they are different dialog files. I personally find it easier to keep the files separate. CHAIN ends a dialog file so you can't do something like:

BEGIN octobr
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN blah
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN blah2
END

CHAIN blah3
EXIT

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN blah4
END

#8 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 04:08 PM

Firstly, if you've got a misplaced tilde, WeiDU would tell you which line it is at install , as an install-bug-message.

And, as Kismet says, you don't need diffrent .d's.

For text editing, I'd recommend ConTEXT, a good text-editor, which also allows you to use highlighters, which will tell you if you haven't spelled a command or action right. Highlighters can be found here.

Then, it might help if you post your .tp2 and your .d as well. We are much more likely to spot any troubles that way.

Lastly, but most important: Don't give up! It isn't as hard as it looks when you've finally managed to understand it. We've all been newbies.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#9 -Minotaur_in_maze-

-Minotaur_in_maze-

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:15 PM

Shed,

Yes, if you could send me a copy so I can see how it Should look, I would be grateful!!! (I would be More grateful if you will consider answering the numerous (I am sure) boneheaded questions I fire off to you After I read your work. :P

I can be reached through pm or at taur_man@ziplip.com

By the way, I LOVE your mod pac!

I am going to keep with it. I D/L'd context, and aside from Wordwrap not wanting to work I am learning. (It is annoying to have to scroll right forever.) and I am NOT going to give up, this character is CRYING to be brought to life.

In the meantime, here is the coding I have got thus far, can someone please tell me if I am on the right track or way off base? This is only my JOIN/REFUSED - the Inquire(for my characters history and plotting) and my KICK OUT/REJOIN.

If this is in order, I plan to next add the banters in to the (same) text file (this that is here was Originally in THREE seperate Text docus, I cut/pasted it together into one) below what I have.

Something I am wondering about - Do *I* have to tell the game somehow When the banters pop up? What I mean is, I don't just want the banters to fire off one after the other from the git go..does WeiDU sort out the when/where times?

Thanks for the support...If I can ever figure out what I am doing I will do everything in my power to give back to the group. I AM a decent writer and learning code.

Here it is, to start. (Please be honest, but kind.) :bash: :bash: :bash:
----------------------------------Code below-JUST as I wrote it!--------------------------

BEGIN Mioctob

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting
SAY ~Mayhap to you good <SIRMAAM>! My name is October Chill.~
IF ~GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY ~Mayhap to you as well October. I am <CHARNAME> and this is my band. What brings you to this tavern?~ GOTO InquireHistory
IF ~~THEN REPLY ~Mayhap to you October. My name is <CHARNAME> and these are my friends. Have you any information to share about this place?~ GOTO InquireInformation
IF ~~THEN REPLY ~Mayhap and greetings October Chill. I'm <CHARNAME>! My group and I are seeing a renegade wizard named Irenicus and could use an extra sword. Are you interested in joining up?~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I've no time to talk now wench!~ GOTO GoAway END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN InquireHistory
SAY ~An odd story to be sure. I am an adventurer as you?ve no doubt guessed; once a member of the Society of the Silver Blades, though it seems like a long time ago now. My group and I had been hired out to rid a mountain community of an evil that was plauging it through their local mines. We entered the mine proper and did a fair bit of creature crowd control, until we came upon a strange arched and glowing doorway; then... (Sigh) Have you evey had one of those days? As we started through, things got...funny. We were sent?someplace else?and once there, attracted the unkind attentions of a creature known as The Lady Of Pain. We escaped, by the by, but wound up here instead of home. Not to mention scattered all over the nine hells. I wound up materializing in a bale of hay in a barn not far from here. Times being what they are, I made my way here in search of ale. I?ve been seeking a way home, but thus far, no luck. I guess I?ll remain here for awhile. Unless... Along with being dumped here, I seem to have misplaced an item of considerable import to me. I sense that it?s somewhere within this realm but I?m betting that to get it back I?ll have to fight. Safer with a group so I?m wondering, Have you need of an extra hand <CHARNAME>?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Join me October. Minsc argues the point but adventuring beats drinking any day, well, except for Tuesday's maybe. Come along and perhaps we?ll both achieve our goals.~ DO ~SetGlobal("OctoberJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Your tale fascinates me October and I am interested in having you in my group. But I think I'll come back when you're not quite as deep into your cups.~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN InquireInformation
SAY ~ I'm afraid I don't know much <CHARNAME>. I only just came to be in this place myself, landing none to gently inside a barn due north of here I might add, a short time ago. I have heard that a group known as the cowled wizards know a fair bit of magic and was considering asking for their aid. You might get information from them. I dunno though, they all seem quite mad in their own way really. Oh, and I sense that a possession of mine is somewhere in this realm... Perhaps I would have better luck with my own objectives if I were to help you with yours?~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~A possession huh? ...What the hells, join me October and perhaps we will both achieve our goals.~ DO ~SetGlobal("OctoberJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~A...possession? (Sigh and mutter: I think I?ve been through this kind of thing before?) Uhm, let me get back to you on joining, after I decide whether or not I can trust you not to betray me should we find this item and get it back for you.~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Greet
SAY ~ I am pleased to meet you <LADYLORD> <CHARNAME>. I admit that I have heard of the name Irenicus, but know little more than that he is a sorcerer of some power and a person best not to become involved with. Still, from your body language it appears that he may be in need of an attitude adjustment; and I am...inventive...in that department. If nothing else, should we track him down he may be able to conjure me a way to get home. As long as I'm here I might as well help out. I am with you. My loyalty and bow are yours to command.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Join me then October, but before you consider getting to chummy with Irenicus, know that when we find him he has much to answer for. Among other things, he is holding a friend of mine named Imoen and I plan on getting her back!~ DO ~SetGlobal("OctoberJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Your wondering if Irenicus can help with your problem gives *me* cause to wonder about *you*. I will return for you, perhaps, when I've decided that I can trust you.~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GoAway
SAY ~WENCH?!? Wench is it? Hmmft! As you wish my <LADYLORD> I shall be here should you wish to consider your tone and make use of my skills. In the meantime...another round I think.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~ THEN BEGIN ReturnDialog
SAY ~I see that you've returned <CHARNAME>. What is it I can do for you?~
IF~~THEN REPLY ~I've thought it over and would like you to join my party.~ DO ~SetGlobal("OctoberJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF~~THEN REPLY ~Only stopping in to see how you are. Bye now.~ GOTO RefusedAgain
END

IF~~THEN BEGIN RefusedAgain
SAY ~As you do not yet seem to want my services I will continue to indulge myself with this tavern's excellent salamander tofu.~
IF~~THEN EXIT
END

BEGIN MioctobP

IF ~Global("OctoberJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN KickOut
SAY ~Shall we each find our own way then now <CHARNAME>?~
IF~~THEN REPLY ~No, you misunderstood me October. Sorry.~ DO ~ JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF~~THEN REPLY ~That would be best for now, but perhaps we can link up again later on.~ DO ~ SetGlobal("OctoberJoined","LOCALS",0)~
EXIT
END

IF ~Global("OctoberJoined","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN Rejoin
Say ~So you?re wanting me back now, is it?~
IF~~THEN REPLY ~Yes October! Grab your gear, girl, and lets go!~ DO ~ SetGlobal("OctoberJoined","LOCALS",1)
JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF~~THEN REPLY ~Not right now, but I?ll find you if I need you.~ EXIT
END

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, basically, how bad DOES it suck? Am I anywhere close to getting it right? If so, I will move on. If not....

THANK YOU ALL - VERY MUCH!

Minotaur In maze (and a daze)

#10 -minotaur_in_maze-

-minotaur_in_maze-

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:19 PM

Forgot one thing,

When I replied, I meant to sound like I was replying to all who have been kind enough to help guide me. In reading back my post above sounded like I was speaking Only to Shed and ignoring SConrad and others.

This was not the case, I thank you ALL and value yur help. :)

Not wishing to alienate Anybody.

I POLITE! Minotaur et. all.

#11 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:15 AM

Okay,

I guess everything is correct on the above (I use context but... Not at all sure if it is working right, I know the Word(HA)wrap is screwy)

Anyhow... two more questions

I know that the file names are to be (at most) seven letters, so

octobrP - Parting dialog
Boctobr - Banter
octobrJ - Quest

Though the CHARACTER is named OctobEr (WITH the "E") Does this matter? (Stupid question but when trying to do Programming... :rolleyes: )

How does one (using NI, I guess) add the death variable? And compile? (I guess just push the botton for the compile...but the Death Variable has me stumped.)

I will go ahead and cut/paste all my banters onto the text docu. where the (above) begin/kick out code is written. I have the Cha. file ready to be converted and go.

Last question (for now) is - do I need a script to add my character finding her "item" in Firkraag's dungon? For that matter, ...ah well, it can wait.

Thanks all for the help. :)

Minotaur In Maze - Registered but don't always sign in...

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.

#12 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:37 AM

Name of the character and names of its scripts, dialogues and even death variable aren't really connected.
You can have a character called Lancelot, his dialogues arthurp, garethj and bginevra, and his death variable galahad... ;)

Assigning the DV: Open the CRE in NI. There is a field called "death variable" (scroll down). You just fill in what you want to have as DV, and save the CRE.
Compiling is only needed for scripts, and WeiDU-Dialogues.

How do you want to have October finding her item? You'll most probably need some form of script, yes, though it depends on what you want to do. :)

Cas

Edited by Caswallon, 25 August 2004 - 12:38 AM.

#13 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 02:40 AM

Okay, got it.

I am finding that - more than doing the NPC, it is getting the programs I need to use to work that is where I am having the problem. Coding is NOT easy, in fact, to a newbe like me it is quite hard, but between the (WONDERFUL!) help and advice I get from friendly people in forums like this and the numorous tutos out there, I am learning.

It really is a question of following the examples and learning what goes where as far as code. Tough, but I am dedicated.

Learning to use the programs enabling me to DO all that however...

"Simple" programs like WeiDU and PFE (Which I just learned about and d/l'd last night) ... well... they are called "Simple" I think because they Only have a 60-100 PAGE manual as to how to opperate them. - I downloaded Context the other day... Thus far all I can figure out is that it is a text editor and (on my copy at least) the word wrap doesn't seem to work.

Forgive me, I am just down this morning with it all. I read about NPC's in less than a day and I can't seem to get mine going in MONTHS. I will keep at it and learn the programs (and programming) but does EVERYONE go through this?

I am in a situation where I have four days a week pretty much free time. I have a willingness to learn, the ability to follow directions and the motivation to succeed in the NPC/Modding this - but am still taking my baby steps.

I WILL SURVIVE! :) :turnip2: :)

Minotaur - not giving up, just needing to vent a bit - back to happy tomorrow.

:drunk:

They are wrong.

#14 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 02:44 AM

Oh, I almost forgot.

To save time later on... I found a portrait I love and plan to use for my NPC when I get her off my (Frankenstein) table. I found this...someplace...on the net. Possibly with a portrait pack d/l set.

Does anyone know where she came from and if I need to get permission to use her? I can just see me working till Thanksgiving to get her up and running, then releasing her and promptly getting sued for copyright infringment. :rolleyes:

:bash: :bash: :bash:

Minotaur - newbe with lots of heart!

They are wrong.

#15 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 02:46 AM

Oh, I almost forgot.

To save time later on... I found a portrait I love and plan to use for my NPC when I get her off my (Frankenstein) table. I found this...someplace...on the net. Possibly with a portrait pack d/l set.

Does anyone know where she came from and if I need to get permission to use her? I can just see me working till Thanksgiving to get her up and running, then releasing her and promptly getting sued for copyright infringment. :rolleyes:

:bash: :bash: :bash:

Minotaur - newbe with lots of heart!

Attached Images

• OctoberL.JPG

They are wrong.

#16 psiclops

psiclops

Where we go from here is ^2u.

• 330 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:15 AM

Well I know where she's going,
but I don't know, where she's been.
I'd prefer to be knowin',
May I say she's quite sexee-ee...
And I hope little children,
Cannot read this smallish font.
Or my future's uncertain,
I'm in prison. Let me out...

I love her fiery red hair,
Let's go outside...
Where it's a bit more private,
Sorry, I lied.

:huh:

EDIT - Sorry. Thought I'd better edit this post, because it does look OT at first glance. Sung to the tune of "We're on the road to nowhere..." by world-famous band 'Talking Heads', this was my attempt to make a serious, but brief answer a little more interesting.

I guess I should have written:

Probably a good idea to check the ©! Wish I knew where it was from - the pic does look kind of familiar. Can't quite place it sorry. Regardless, 'tis quite a nice pic... if you're still wanting feedback on it.

Go me. :thumb:

(It is also a prophecy I notice > If this post got me labelled and incarcerated).

Edited by psiclops, 06 September 2004 - 07:39 AM.

Too interesting to be described in three words - Watch me 1-up Einstein.

The Darkish Day - Tome of Wisdom (+3). Armageddon XIII. ©Alltime - GOD.

Western - LEO (Leo Aspect (Cnjt)). Eastern - Dragon (Element - Fire). Acronymizing UPD8!!!!!!.

Fravia ... || || || ... "Some sections of this lore will remain closed to you until you develop your egoistical searcher's Heijoshin into a more capable ethical seekers' Fudoshin" - © 3rd Millennium: [fravia+], all rights reserved. (APC - 3 Libras). Go6gle.

#17 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:18 AM

Errm... just who used "simple" and "WeiDU" in the same sentence? :blink:
I wouldn't consider WeiDU to be simple... :D

Anyway.
For ConText to be more than NotePad without word wrap, you should install the "highlighters" that provide colour-coding for your dialogues and scripts:
TP2 files
Dialogue files
BAF files (scripts)

In your ConText folder, there is a subdirectory called "highlighters"; put the files there.

---
Sorry, I haven't seen the protrait before.

#18 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:10 AM

Sorry about my outburst yesterday, I am back to (ab)normal now. :P

I will do as y'all suggest with the context. I have been writing things up in PFE and it is going along pretty well.

Have three different files for .d / .b / .p and am getting ready to cut and paste them. Have the Cha. file ready and things are progressing nicely.

I will need more help, of course, but things are at least moving in the right direction now.

more later on :)

Minotaur - NPC "October" in the works.

They are wrong.

#19 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:17 AM

OK, hi :).

I would advise worrying about what your npc is saying, not the coding atm. I mean, grammar, style and so on ;). Also there was one point when you had a really long string. You could have used = to make it into two or three strings.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN InquireHistory
SAY ~An odd story to be sure. I am an adventurer as you?ve no doubt guessed; once a member of the Society of the Silver Blades, though it seems like a long time ago now. My group and I had been hired out to rid a mountain community of an evil that was plauging it through their local mines. We entered the mine proper and did a fair bit of creature crowd control, until we came upon a strange arched and glowing doorway; then...~
=~(Sigh) Have you evey had one of those days? As we started through, things got...funny. We were sent?someplace else?and once there, attracted the unkind attentions of a creature known as The Lady Of Pain. We escaped, by the by, but wound up here instead of home. Not to mention scattered all over the nine hells. I wound up materializing in a bale of hay in a barn not far from here. Times being what they are, I made my way here in search of ale. I?ve been seeking a way home, but thus far, no luck. I guess I?ll remain here for awhile. Unless...~
=~Along with being dumped here, I seem to have misplaced an item of considerable import to me. I sense that it?s somewhere within this realm but I?m betting that to get it back I?ll have to fight. Safer with a group so I?m wondering, Have you need of an extra hand <CHARNAME>?~

Or whereever you want to put the gaps.

Banter is determined in the game itself. You can add your NPC to the 2da files which determine it with your WeiDU tp2 (we'll come to that a lot later). Do you have the program DLTCEP or Creature Maker? Either of these will allow you to export the .cha and assign a death variable very easily.

WeiDU is not simple and I have never heard it described as such. Do not read the readme until you know how to use it.

My mod is SO nearly finished. When it comes out next week we'll talk about how I did it, OK ;)?

And, uh, whose mod pac (sic) do you love?

If you want to compile and therefore find bugs in your .d files, you will need to create a .tp2

Look at mymod.tp2 in WeiDU/examples, and make a skeleton .tp2 with COMPILE [your .d files]. Call it Setup-October.tp2 and make a WeiDU exe called Setup-October.exe. Then you can compile your dialogues and see bug reports.

#20 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:17 AM

Shed,

THAT is the kind of feedback that is GOOD to get. Linking together long dialog with the string "==" for instance. GREAT IDEA. Wonderful and a lot better than what I had.

Only thing was, until you TOLD me about it, I had no clue you could DO it. None of the tutos I've read mentioned it.

That goes back to my concern I am missing out on the "between the cracks" info of modding. SOME things are SO basic (to those who know what they are doing) that they are ommited when put in tutos...therefor people like ME remain clueless.

I will go back and edit and change for the better. Thus far I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out the programming end of things...and the rest has suffered maybe.

THANK YOU!!!

Looking forward to your Mod/NPC

Minotaur :turnip:

They are wrong.