Photo

Forgotten Wars Hosted Mod Making Groups?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:06 AM

Just curious about something, and excuse my ignorance. :rolleyes:

I see Mods in the works here, as well as completed mods and mod projects. I am just wondering how they get started?

Does someone just get together with a bunch of fellow modders and decide to invent a "whatever"? Do they ask around in forums for people looking to make mods? Does Forgotten Wars commission people to build mods for the site? Or do people come and ask FW to host them?

Just wondering.

Minotaur In Maze
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#2 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:58 AM

I can only speak for myself in the, like... uhm, 3 mods im involved in:

modder's portrait pack: i had the idea, and max suggeted making it a mod. So there it was born :)

TDDsinTDD: i asked a friend if he could make that mod for me "plsplsplsplsplsplspls" (yes, im this persuasive), so the mod was born, some people thought it was nice and asked us "plsplsplsplspls translate it" (yes they were that persuasive :P) so we did, and asked for a room here.

NPC damage mod: sim stalked me in IRC and told me "it'd be cool if the npcs showed the hp loss like in pst" and i agreed, so we asked for a room here :)

as far as i know fw doesnt commision mods... modders come here and ask for rooms to host them and be very close to other modders and players giving opinions/ideas/helping with their mods :) and well, mod ideas are everywhere ;)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#3 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

http://www.spellhold...t/?page=hosting ;)

Generally, someone has an idea, but s/he wants a place to discuss it and allow others to download it, so that modder will ask to be hosted.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image