• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:22 PM

I say go for it. I like the sound of him, and would probably play another male protagonist to go through the romance. If it's well written, anything goes.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#22 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 06:10 PM

probably wouldn't play it, but don't have any problem with it being released.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#23 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:15 AM

probably wouldn't play it, but don't have any problem with it being released

Exactly. No need for a longer comment.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#24 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 02:19 AM

Yep, release it. ^^
I love new NPC's, regardless of their sexuality or even romance.
If the character is well-made, well-written and with the necessary deepness (not a character just for the romance), it's good in my book.

Personally I'll download him for sure. ^^ Yep, I'm bisexual myself. Don't shoot me. :P

Edited by Moongaze, 04 September 2004 - 02:19 AM.

#25 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 02:35 AM

Personally I'll download him for sure. ^^ Yep, I'm bisexual myself. Don't shoot me.

BANG !!! :lol:

#26 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:05 AM

Personally I'll download him for sure. ^^ Yep, I'm bisexual myself. Don't shoot me.

BANG !!! :lol:

X-X...*dies*

:P

#27 -The Mysterious Poster-

-The Mysterious Poster-

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:31 PM

Edit: Come to think of it, there's a homosexual option in the Immy and Chloe mods as well.

The Chloe mod is entirely homosexual, I believe. I say release it. The more the better.

#28 -The gay man-

-The gay man-

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:55 PM

Thanks a lot for your input guys. It was very encouraging, and I finally decided to finish writing the dialogue. I desisted from making his dialogue too heavy. I mean all the NPC's tend to be so serious. So, he now sounds like a cross between Carson Daly (queer eye) and Will (of will and grace). He sings Cher songs and though he is a great fighter, he complains that encounters mess up his hair.

The reason why I feel it has plenty of appeal even for non gay people, is his intensive banter with other character. He bemoans Imoens pink hair (Dahling, that is so ten minutes ago), he begs Jahiera to let him do her hair(Honestly dear, haven't you ever heard of mousse?"), and he rather inappropriately hits on Minsc and other NPCs who react in different ways. Like Minsc never gets until the very end that he was being hit on, Anomen gets very flustered and upset, Soloufein is sympathetic and understanding, even if he doesn't `give in', Kelsey even flirts back....jokingly of course. It is also possible that he might have a fight with Anomen, if you do not intervene and cool off Anomen's monumental prissiness.

As for those of you who are flamingly heterosexual, there is always the option of refusing, gently in which case, he just becomes an ardent admirer and loyal follower. Even if you do romance him, it is more crazy than romantic anyway. I did it to make my best friend laugh, not to get him all worked up. Look for him in the mods in progress forum section.

Once again, thanks a lot for your words of wisdom.

#29 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 10:03 PM

Thanks a lot for your input guys. It was very encouraging, and I finally decided to finish writing the dialogue. I desisted from making his dialogue too heavy. I mean all the NPC's tend to be so serious. So, he now sounds like a cross between Carson Daly (queer eye) and Will (of will and grace). He sings Cher songs and though he is a great fighter, he complains that encounters mess up his hair.

The reason why I feel it has plenty of appeal even for non gay people, is his intensive banter with other character. He bemoans Imoens pink hair (Dahling, that is so ten minutes ago), he begs Jahiera to let him do her hair(Honestly dear, haven't you ever heard of mousse?"), and he rather inappropriately hits on Minsc and other NPCs who react in different ways. Like Minsc never gets until the very end that he was being hit on, Anomen gets very flustered and upset, Soloufein is sympathetic and understanding, even if he doesn't `give in', Kelsey even flirts back....jokingly of course. It is also possible that he might have a fight with Anomen, if you do not intervene and cool off Anomen's monumental prissiness.

As for those of you who are flamingly heterosexual, there is always the option of refusing, gently in which case, he just becomes an ardent admirer and loyal follower. Even if you do romance him, it is more crazy than romantic anyway. I did it to make my best friend laugh, not to get him all worked up. Look for him in the mods in progress forum section.

Once again, thanks a lot for your words of wisdom.

And to think I was about to put my quarter in (lots of inflation on that 2 cents..)

I was going to say that if you put in a good amount banter and make the PC amusing to keep around it could appeal to a larger audience. less serious more fun. occasional "Hey, were you checking me out again?" lines for those that turned him down.... etc blah blah.. you're one step ahead of me. :D

Edited by Chevar, 09 September 2004 - 10:08 PM.

"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#30 Eclipse

Eclipse
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:15 AM

check my hygiene mod, i got a lot of negative feedback on that one so if your newer like me

hu? whats that?

i dont care. if its fun to play i'll play it. male... female... whats the difference? :lol: ;)

Someone needs to have a little talk to you about the birds and the bees me thinks. :rolleyes:

#31 Bibbi

Bibbi
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:21 PM

well, as happy as I am that someone else wants to make a homosexual mod, I think this one is a little...stereotypical? it sounds like this npc is a collection of gay stereotypes from modern day culture. that doesn't really fit in with the FR culture, first of all, and second, it seems to be lumping all gay men into an outdated group. i'm not saying don't go through with the mod, not at all, i'm just voicing concern that it's not really going to portray gay men in an overly positive light. not to rain on anyone's parade... :wacko:

#32 DevilishPope

DevilishPope

Hail to the Pope, baby.

• 108 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:55 PM

How would you treat a gay romance?, If it was optional?

As a gimmick.
If you are interested in free mod hosting, PM me. I am willling to host a variety of Mods, from Baldur's Gate 2 to Doom 3 and beyond.

#33 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

Err, why is a gay romance a gimmick? Or rather, why is it any more of a gimmick than all the other romances out there? Gay poeple need loving too. ;)

I'm still waiting for Lord M. to make an Aerie/Imoen threesome component for his mod. ;)

#34 DevilishPope

DevilishPope

Hail to the Pope, baby.

• 108 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:26 PM

The topic asked me for my overall opinion on the matter, and I replied that it would be a gimmick, ala release a "controversial" mod to gain attention.

Re-Reading the Topic brings me to the point of doing and releasing what you truly wish to do and release, don't care about others opinions on the matter, as if they don't like it, then quite simply, they won't download it.

So, all power to your mod and such. ;)
If you are interested in free mod hosting, PM me. I am willling to host a variety of Mods, from Baldur's Gate 2 to Doom 3 and beyond.

#35 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:22 PM

The topic asked me for my overall opinion on the matter, and I replied that it would be a gimmick, ala release a "controversial" mod to gain attention.

Re-Reading the Topic brings me to the point of doing and releasing what you truly wish to do and release, don't care about others opinions on the matter, as if they don't like it, then quite simply, they won't download it.

So, all power to your mod and such. ;)

That's a little unfair.. as he previously stated; he wrote it for a friend as a gift for said friend. He did it for his friends enjoyment. His friend thought he should share it with the modding community.

Seeing as it was written specifically for his friend he's unsure as to whether he wants to put it up or not, being skeptical as to if other's beyond the friend he wrote it for would enjoy it..

(or at least that was my take on it.)

I made a 'barbie' mod for my daughter about a year ago (she was 3 at the time) she was amused for a couple hours, then I deleted it. There could be one or two people out there somewhere that would have gotten a kick out of it, but I wouldn't have made it public for two reasons;

1: I didn't make it for the world, but for my daughter.
2: I wouldn't want to be thought of a "Oh it's the guy with the barbie mod."
(and run the risk of none of my other projects being looked at seriously.)
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#36 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:55 AM

Elves always seem obvious candidates for gay male NPCs, but why settle for the obvious?

A bisexual love triangle betwewen an evil male PC, Nalia and Isea Roenall might be interesting, and add a new slant on the Twisted Rune/Guarded Compound/Copper Coronet sub-plot.

On second thoughts.......

#37 Atlasia

Atlasia

I am Inari

• 344 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:48 PM

I say release it. It sounds like fun, if a little too stereotypical. It might actually be the first male NPC mod I download. Might give me something to do while I wait for the ToB portion of the Immy Romance.
Love is a fallacy.
The only thing worse than a hopeless romantic is a hopeful one.
My BG2 Custom Portraits
Posted Image

#38 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:21 PM

Me and my lady would both play this one I am sure.

My tabletop DM (who also owns BG2 but has no ne access) happens to be gay. I would soooooooo have to burn this one for him.

A bit off topic, but what happened to the gay paladin mod that was being written?

*EDIT* Forgot to say release it.

Also won't Kiara of the Kiara and Zaiya mod, won't she romance a female too?

Then there is Sime from Tortured Souls.

Coming next at the Pocket Plane Group modlist:
NPCs listed by sexual orientation. -- To protect the narrowminded homophobes!

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 23 November 2004 - 11:31 PM.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#39 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:26 AM

Mos Def Release.

I'm not homosexual, but I might make a male PC for the romance - I say might simply because there are so many other NPCs I want to play through the romances with - Viconia, Aerie, Anomen, Kelsey, Sola, and more.

It's all about the story, when it comes down to it, yanno? If the story and the writing is good, then I tend to believe it's a good mod - though it also helps if you have a grasp on Faerun.

I would suggest, though, that you add some NPC dialogues - perhaps some disparaging comments from...hrm...say, Anomen? Probably from Edwin as well -"Pfah! He must be that way because he stands no chance with women. Unlike this red-blooded Thayvian male!" (Although I must admit that I do like the monkey's fashion sense.) Maybe something like tolerable dislike from Keldorn, with him possibly seeing it as some sort of curse/sickness - "My child, have you gone to the Ilmatari about this? They are healers bar non. They may be able to aid you."

That's my thoughts. Well, I have more, and they have this annoying habit of leaking out of my head...wait...no, no. That's just blood. I should probably get a mop or something.

Edited by Gothic Rose, 24 November 2004 - 01:28 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Athena

Athena

Tiny Terror/Lady Arien

• 369 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:55 PM

A bit off topic, but what happened to the gay paladin mod that was being written?

Dante? He's at Blacksheep Mods. http://www.blacksheepmods.net/baa/

As for the mod, I say release it. :)
Six Mod --A golem. Of sorts.

"There was pain without hope of healing. There was life that refused to end, long after the mind had begged the body to cease. And worst, there were dreams come true." ~The Books of Blood