Photo

A new weapon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Oni

Oni
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:42 AM

This idea came to me out of the blue while I was thinking about the item upgrade mod (the one that allows a lot more items to be upgraded) and saw that I was still carrying Yoshimo's old stuff. Well that got me to thinking, why can't we do something with that (I mean aside from taking his heart to a temple of Ilmater). The result of this thought was being able to take Yoshimo's heart and his personal katana (the cheap +1 one that he starts with that only he can use), taking them to Cromwell and having him make them into a Katana that only the main character can use! Yoshimo can still fight with you, if only in spirit. The katana would only be usable by you (after all you're the one he betrayed and the one he wants forgiveness from) and the stats for the sword would change depending on either what level he was when he died or what class the PC is (for Fighter/Mage it would give spell bonuses, for a thief it would give skill bonuses, and for a straight fighter it would give heavier combat bonuses), possibly both. It could also be upgraded by Cromwell (He made it, and he can upgrade it) and Caspenar. Of course if you really don't want the weapon you can just give the heart to Ilmater for the experience.

:thumb: What do you think? :P

#2 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:25 PM

I might be wrong, but i think ruad had an item kindof like that.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:43 PM

Ruad does indeed have something similar - from the spoilers-readme:

Requires: Yoshimo's Katana +1       
    Katana +2         
    3x Poisoned Throwing Dagger       
    1x Rogue Stone       
    10,000 gold pieces       

Makes: Yoshimo's Poisoned Katana       
  THAC0: +3 bonus       
  Damage: 1D10 +3, +2 Poison/sec. (10 seconds)
  Type: Katana         
  Usable By: Yoshimo 

and:

Requires: Yoshimo's Heart       
    Yoshimo's Katana +1 or Yoshimo's Poisoned Katana
    Reputation of 20       
    25,000 gold pieces                   

Makes: Spirit of Yoshimo       
  (Quick Item)         
  Summons Yoshimo for 2400 seconds 1/day

Edited by seanas, 13 September 2004 - 02:44 PM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 08:00 AM

Hm... I think maybe it would be cool if you could ask the sword for advice... It wouldn't necessarily talk back.. just do something to let you know he's in there... ^_^

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#5 Oni

Oni
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:53 AM

Huh, :huh: I don't think I actually have Ruad. Besides there should be more than one version out there. Long live variety and all that. ^_^ Besides my version would be useful all the way through Throne of Bhaal. B)

#6 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:27 AM

It sounds as a good idea. If you read the standard Katana description it is said that it is such a good sword that it is hard to get magical unless a spirit of a great warrior is in the sword (though probably there are other ways... has to be, there are not many sentient katana's ;) ). I think it sounds like a very good idea. And I don't own Ruad as well. I reckon his weapons are somewhat strange and a bit to powerfull weapons.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#7 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:16 AM

It sounds as a good idea. If you read the standard Katana description it is said that it is such a good sword that it is hard to get magical unless a spirit of a great warrior is in the sword (though probably there are other ways... has to be, there are not many sentient katana's ;) ). I think it sounds like a very good idea. And I don't own Ruad as well. I reckon his weapons are somewhat strange and a bit to powerfull weapons.

That's a very good approach there, aye. :)
A powerful katana imbued with the spirit of your teammate Yoshimo.
'Tis a small addition, but I'd download it nonetheless. ^^ Ruad doesn't appeal to me at all for some reason.

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:18 AM

Lady Lefay here (school PC)

I would really download that item. :wub: