Photo

Problem in SW part of BG

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:00 AM

Hi everybody. This is my first post and I don't know if this is the correct forum, but anyway I'll post here.
I dlded BG, BGT, NeJ and installed the complete set (including TDD, SoS and TS) and everything was fine till now.
I'm in chapter 6 of BG 1 and, when trying to enter the SW part of BG (where the Flaming Fist headquarters are), the game freezes in the Loading screen and I can't get back to my desktop. It's happened in every try of reloading and with previous saves.
I have other mods installed (as EoU, UB, Underrepresented Items and others Items/Shops mods), all of them compatible with BP-BGT.
Any1 has this problem b4? Any advice/help?

Thx in advance.

#2 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:05 AM

You could try entering the area from another area.
i.e. go somewhere else, then go to SW BG from that area.

Alternatively, just travel around a few areas for a while and then try.

PS Welcome to FW!

Edited by Shed, 15 September 2004 - 05:06 AM.

#3 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:08 AM

Thx for the advice, but it didn't work. I even tried to teleport using the CLUA, but, as being BGT, when entering the "original" area code for the SW part of BG, I ended up in the Umar Hills. I don't know the BGT area codes for BG 1.
I also uninstalled the EoU mod (I had v32) and reinstalled v27, which is the compatible version (as far as the BP Readme says), though I'm not sure if the BG 2 mods can cause problems with the BG 1 part (the "incompatible" modules affect directy the BG 2 one).
Wonder if some1 else has encountered this problem.

Thx again.

#4 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:12 AM

Sounds like you either have a bad area file, or a bad cre spawn in that area. Try
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR8000")
If it crashes then, you know it is not the area links.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#5 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:26 AM

Thx for the help, but it didn't work. Perhaps my AR8000 file is corrupt? I've made a search and have various AR8000.ARE files. One is in the original Override folder, the rest in different ones, belonging to the varios mods (BP-BGT\ARE, BP-BGT-NEJ_PATCH313\AUTO and bgt3\biffme\BG1ARE). Is this correct? When I finished installing the complete saga, my Override folder was empty (as the Readme said it had to), but, after installing EoU, Items Upgrade and others, in theory, compatible mods, the override folder got new files, including this one. Could this interfere?
Thx again.

Edited by Arturcic, 15 September 2004 - 09:29 AM.

#6 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:37 AM

The 3.13 BP patch should've copied a new version of that area to your override. However, there are many components of the area that might be bugged here. Usually I find it's a .tis file that didn't get converted correctly. If it was me, I'd load the area in DLTCEP and run the "Check" to see what popped up. You could attempt a .tis replacement by extracting the AR1100.tis from your BG1 installation and renaming it to AR8000.tis, then dropping it into your override. I don't know if this will help as I might be anther file causing the problem. Try the steps above, and we'll see where we have to go from there.

#7 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:55 AM

Thx again. Two comments:

1.- What's DLTCEP? :huh:

2.- I'm cheking my BG II\Override folder, and there isn't any ARXXXX.tis files, only flame01-4.tis and wwpets.tis files. Extensions for AR8000 are .are, .baf, .bcs, .mos, .tiz and .wed. And, to top of that, there's no AR1100.tis nor .are in the BG 1 folder (c:\bladur, by default).

Sorry for bothering so much.

#8 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

I think we found your problem. Your AR8000.tiz is the "preconverted" version of the AR8000.tis file. (This is the big area picture part of the area.) You need to convert it to a usable in-game format. Sending it to you isn't possible without a DCC or something as the finished file is about 18mb. You'll need to use TisPack from the tools forum to convert the file. Once done, drop it in your override and try to enter the area again.

#9 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:55 AM

Thx a lot, I'll try asap.

#10 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:22 AM

One little question: where do I get the ar8000.tiz? From the bgt3\biffme\AR8000\ folder? There's the only place I can find it. Or do I look for it in the BG 1 CD?

#11 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:58 AM

Oh, man, this is going to kill me.
I've been trying to do as u told me, but it doesn't still work. Let me tell u what I have done:

1.- Copy ar8000.tiz from BG II\bgt3\biffme\AR8000\ to the same folder as tisunpack.exe (for easeness).
2.- Execute "tisunpack ar8000.tiz" to get ar8000.tis.
3.- Copy ar8000.tis to BG II\Override

Still doesn't work. Any idea? Thx again.

#12 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:24 PM

Then it is the ARE file. If that has issues, it will not load the area. This file holds all the information about doors, containers, people, etc. While building some areas I have discovered that this file can be either corrupted or it can point to an audio file that it can't find. Either way, it crashes the game. You should be able to upload it here (it is small enough). Post it with the WED file and I will load it in my game and see what DTLCEP says (usually nothing <_< ).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#13 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:53 PM

Thx very much for the annoyance (sp?). I'll zip them. And thx again.

Attached Files

Edited by Arturcic, 15 September 2004 - 09:54 PM.

#14 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:12 PM

If someone has the whole thing installed, perhaps he/she could send me his/her ar8000.are/wed just to give it a try.
Thx.

#15 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:54 PM

Please post Email address

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#16 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:13 PM

Ops, I was thinking about the same I did with my ar8000 files, to zip them and hang them here. And, btw, my e-amil is at the bottom of my posts.

#17 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:39 PM

And, btw, my e-amil is at the bottom of my posts.

No it isn't. :blink:

#18 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:28 AM

mmmm, I thought the e-mail botton at the bottom of every post was for mailing the person. My mistake. Anyway:

arturcic@hotmail.com

Thx.

#19 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:49 AM

Thx to the guy who sent me his ar8000.are, but it didn't work. I copied it to every folder that had such a file, but still the same, after the auto-saving screen, it freezes in the loading screen without even starting to load and then goes back to the desktop.
Thx again.

Always ready to try new ideas.

P.S.: HEEEELP!!!! I'm going crazy.

#20 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:17 AM

Your zip file is corrupt. I can see the 2 files but I can't extract them.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website