Photo

Just want to check on something

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Drax

Drax
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:36 AM

Hi, there's no mention of this in any of the install guides so I thought Id check. Right after the TS install where I install to the TS-Install directory, a Big Picture install kicks in and asks where to install to. I figure this should go to the root SoA directory, but then windows asks if I want to overwrite some files. I've completed the install by saying yes, and have everything seeming to be ok but i wanted to see if I could verify if this is the right way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Very nice to hear Imoen saying her correct lines after the latest patch! Didn't think she'd ever get back to saying Baldur's Gate 1 lines. :thumb:

Also, is Horred's sight down (plague zone)?

#2 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:47 AM

1)I think you have it right

2) yes
Live Free Or Die

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:08 AM

Hi, there's no mention of this in any of the install guides so I thought Id check. Right after the TS install where I install to the TS-Install directory, a Big Picture install kicks in and asks where to install to. I figure this should go to the root SoA directory, but then windows asks if I want to overwrite some files. I've completed the install by saying yes, and have everything seeming to be ok but i wanted to see if I could verify if this is the right way to do it.

i was re-installing just last night and noticed the same thing myself: it is TSv503 overwriting bugged files from TSv50. it's a bit disconcerting as it *isnt* mentioned in the install guides, but yeah, it is supposed to happen.

and yes, the lease on plaguezone has expired, so us BP, BP-BGT, BP-NEJ and BP-BGT-NEJ players are congregating in this little corner of forgottenwars.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 Drax

Drax
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:30 AM

Awesome, thanks for the reply (both of you)! It's good to get confirmation.

Glad I stumbeled on this forum with me not checking up on anything AD&D related over the summer. With all the other ones dissapearing I'm pleased to have still found a home for this mod.
(I've been mainly a lurker of some of the old forums for quite a while)

[edit] Ok while I'm at it. In one of the install guides this step can be found...

At this point, you should delete your weidu.log file and clean out (delete) the CONTENTS
of your {BP-BGT, NeJ, and BP-BGT} \ Backup folders---EXCEPT the keep.me files.
Remember, all that data is up inside of biff folders now. This will insure that future patches
to any/all of these mods install just fine.

BP-BGT is written twice. Was the second reference actualy supposed to be BPNEJ? BPNEJ also has a backup folder with a keep.me file and a bunch of random files in folders just like the other two.

[another edit] Yesterday on my first attempt at installing this mod (though I've done it before in the past) I ended up with an Imoen that actualy spoke the correct BG1 lines. At least in the brief moment I tested it out. I then redid the install so I can do a step by step install guide for myself and any friends I personaly know who decide to attempt this mod. In every install attempt since then Imoen speaks the correct lines only some of the times.

Don't know if I had something right the first time or if it was just coincidence that I heard the correct speach, but there is a manual fix for this if I remember correctly. Does anyone know of it and can post it here? It required renaming some files from what I remember. Again thanks!

Edited by Drax, 15 September 2004 - 10:22 AM.

#5 -Archen-

-Archen-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:27 PM

Hello, I just installed BP-BGT-NEJ and havent had any dialog problems with Imoen.
I'd like to know if the install guide meant to delete the backup folder files out of BP-NEJ, as well, because it says BG-BGT twice. Also, is the BPSeries script mod compatible with BP-BGT-NEJ?

Thanks

13. At this point, you should delete your weidu.log file and clean out (delete) the CONTENTS
of your {BP-BGT, NeJ, and BP-BGT} \ Backup folders---EXCEPT the keep.me files.
Remember, all that data is up inside of biff folders now. This will insure that future patches
to any/all of these mods install just fine.

#6 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:48 PM

Yes to both.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#7 Drax

Drax
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:29 AM

Hello, I just installed BP-BGT-NEJ and havent had any dialog problems with Imoen.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try a third install.

Nope can't get her speach back to normal. Odd considering I think I'm doing everything exactly like the fist time. Maybe I'll just wait for that new update. <_<

Edited by Drax, 20 September 2004 - 05:36 PM.