Bugs?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 -Xenageo-

-Xenageo-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

Hi - I've been thinking about replaying BG/BGT/whatever, recently, and I've just re-discovered this fourm.

The thing is, last time I tried to play BGT/BP/NeJ, I ended up extremely frustrated with unfixed bugs (not bugs caused due to installs, et cetera). I guess it was around the 3.12 patch?

Wondering if it's actually bug-free, or almost now. and if not, what bugs am I likely to come across and how much will they ruin my game? =P

Additionally, is BP alone much less buggy now? It always used to be when I'd originally played it. (I ended up dropping bgt/bp/nej for BP alone).

So, what should I do?

Thanks for any advice.

#2 -Xenageo-

-Xenageo-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:28 PM

And a follow up to this: I generally enjoy just being able to play. Having to edit a lot in Near Infinity/etc ends up ruining the experience for me.

I don't mean to degrade anything you're trying to do by saying that though - I really appreciate that people are still putting time into this with horred gone. Cheers =)

#3 -Archen-

-Archen-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:36 PM

I would like to know if there's any serious bugs left, too.
Although, I am very glad to see that there's the BP Fix pack on Seanas website, that fixes some problems, and is also updated regularly. Thanks.

#4 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

New fixpack due out soon that should take care of all remaining known bugs. Give us a bit o' time.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#5 -Xenageo-

-Xenageo-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the quick response, that's really good to hear.

Any particular ETA? And, is the regular BP bug-free now? (with the "BPfixes" installed)

#6 -Archen-

-Archen-

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:03 PM

I've played up to chapter 2 using regular BP and haven't encountered any bugs, if that helps. I've just installed BP-BGT-NEJ and it works flawlessly so far, too. Just give it a go for yourself.

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:17 PM

Seanas and I are compiling a complete package of his fixes and mine. 90% done atm. Give it a day or 3 to be released.

#8 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:51 PM

I hope one of you decides to remake the BGT installer. Mk3 sucks, and the creator should be shot. :)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#9 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:54 PM

Bah! It works. Good enough. :P
BTW, what do you think is so wrong with it?

#10 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 08:10 PM

It had issues working on Win 95/98 boxes since they handle input in batch files differently. I'm sure if you had someone who knew what they were doing (i.e. not me) re-write the batch file--or hell, do a nice little GUI--it would be far superior to what I coded.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:49 AM

Bardez was/is working on a final version of BGT ( a mark 4 if you will) when TeamBG went down. I use 98 and if you do a

'Remember if you still use win98 like I do use this fix it works.

"Known problem with Win98
After extraction, open up the bgt_setup.bat file with Notepad or another text editor. Replace this line:
FOR /F "delims=" %%v IN (TEMP$$$$.$$$) DO SET BG1PATH=%%v
with this line:
SET BG1PATH=qqqqq
Replace qqqqq with the path to your BG1 installation. '

It all seems to work for me.

*seanas you need to add this to your 'Shadowtech's BP-BGT--NEJ install guide' post. I saved this from TeamBG and Plaguezone.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:57 AM

cheers Chev: shadowtech's guide has been updated.

one more bug to be squashed then we're ready to rock....

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||