• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:55 AM

Hi all.

Here is a glitch I've never had before...

I've just killed the shade lord and shadow dragon (YAH!) and now I find that I cannot rest. When I try the game shuts itself off and goes back to my desktop.

I've tried resting in party AND going to an inn...no dice.

Help?

Oh, I do have mods installed, including a Mazzy paladine quest and the aniversery mod from gibberlings3. Kelsey and Chloe...but I have never had this prob befor.

HATE to start all over - AGAIN!

Minotaur In Maze
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:07 AM

I've not had the crash to desktop bit but I have had the 'can't rest' glitch. It usually happens when a baddie has got demoralised and wandered off the screen and then you've left the area without finding and killing him. The game thinks you're still in combat, so no rest. No, unfortunately I don't know what the relevant variable is..... hopefully someone else can help there.

-Y-

#3 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:01 AM

I have two seperate games going...

One I just killed (and I mean it) the shadow dragon... Now if I try and rest in any form I get to look at my desktop as the game shuts itself off.

The other saved game I have - completely different area/characters etc, works fine on rest.

ME, I think it is the game cheating. I killed the shadow dragon once, and the screen went to the no portraits bit when the main has been killed but the main WASN'T killed. then I reloaded and killed it again and I get this crap.

I HATE to start over from the beginning.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It SUCKS being ME!

P.O'd Minotaur

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.

#4 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:11 PM

I think I have figured out the problem... now if someone can tell me what can be done about it...

About a week ago I found a post in this forum regarding a new NPC named Krondor ... I d/l and installed it. Great.

He also came with a pet worg (animal companion I guess) if it matters.

He got killed when I killed the shadow dragon and I am toting his corpse along.

NOW if I try to remove him from party...or replace him with another NPC... You know that screen you get when your MAIN (PLAYER)character has been killed? The full screen picture JUST before the decaying hand? The one where you can't DO anything?

THAT is what I get when I try and lose this NPC. I can't seem to find the worg corpse either.

Ditto if I try and raise the little b***ard!

So I am thinking that he might be the cause of my problems... Now what to DO about it? I tried Uninstalling him completely...but he is STILL in my party and I STILL can't get rid of him. (Even uninstalled!)

I tried RE-Installing him and then trying to lose him. No Dice.

Tried going in with Shadow Keeper and getting rid of him that way. It ain't happening.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

I am writing the twit who made this mod...I notice the post is no longer here. Wonder why!

VERY UPSET MINOTAUR!

They are wrong.

#5 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:22 PM

I am writing the twit who made this mod...I notice the post is no longer here. Wonder why!

VERY UPSET MINOTAUR!

He happens to be one of the Admins on this forum. He also happened to release the mod as a beta. That's beta as in, "I think it works but might need debugging, download and install at your own risk.". <_<

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#6 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:43 PM

Uh Huh.

I meant no offence to any modder or admin or other member, but if something doesn't work it doesn't work. Thus I ask. Though I do apologize for my tone. I was mad.

Well, I can still be upset right? I'm not saying *he's* at fault for My Downloading it, he isn't, *I* am...but it IS still annoying. HE obviously knows Waaaay more than I do. (On the Other side of the coin, I d/L another mod from the same site and love it. Tiny but excellent... I call 'em as I see 'em.

It's a good mod as far as NPC's go, but to have a situ where the game becomes unplayable ... uhm... though I DO apologize for the "twit" comment.

Admin of this forum, great... I really don't need to p.o. the bosses here. At the same time though, I thought feedback on a mod was part of the process. I'm a new modder and if I did something goofy and didn't catch it, *I'd* want to know...

I get the message.

(but can someone tell me if I can get rid of the thing and get the game to work?)

Minotaur In HOT WATER, apparently... :bash:

They are wrong.

#7 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:31 PM

Uh Huh.

I meant no offence to any modder or admin or other member, but if something doesn't work it doesn't work. Thus I ask. Though I do apologize for my tone. I was mad.

Well, I can still be upset right? I'm not saying *he's* at fault for My Downloading it, he isn't, *I* am...but it IS still annoying. HE obviously knows Waaaay more than I do. (On the Other side of the coin, I d/L another mod from the same site and love it. Tiny but excellent... I call 'em as I see 'em.

It's a good mod as far as NPC's go, but to have a situ where the game becomes unplayable ... uhm... though I DO apologize for the "twit" comment.

Admin of this forum, great... I really don't need to p.o. the bosses here. At the same time though, I thought feedback on a mod was part of the process. I'm a new modder and if I did something goofy and didn't catch it, *I'd* want to know...

I get the message.

(but can someone tell me if I can get rid of the thing and get the game to work?)

Minotaur In HOT WATER, apparently... :bash:

Tact is such a simple word.. ;) the idea if to post what it's doing so the people that made it can try to help resolve it, or be aware of the potential prblem ..
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#8 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:13 PM

Yes - you are correct. Tact is the better way to do things.

I have always had problems with that, both in real life and on line.

I was wrong in the way I said things, and I am sorry! I would like to remain here and not cause probs. - I would though like to know what to do about the prob though.

Minotaur In Maze - apologetic :(

They are wrong.

#9 Hendryk

Hendryk
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:47 PM

Are you in single player mode? If so, try copying the game subfolder from the SAVE folder to the MPSAVE folder. Then start a multiplayer session and try removing the character as the game boots up.
Ready. Fire. Aim.

#10 -minotaur_et_all-

-minotaur_et_all-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:04 AM

I am in single player mode.

I will try what you suggest.

Removing as game boots up? I will try.

Minotaur Learning Tact. :thumb: