Photo

Tsujatha Mod Released v4

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:08 PM

The long-awaited voiced Tsujatha mod with ToB content is now available for download: www.gilalion.com/tsujatha.htm

Enjoy.

soft
Check out my RPG forum!

#2 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:35 AM

:love: :love: :love: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sexyest romance voice ever too!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#3 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:37 AM

Sexyest romance voice ever too!!!!!

Ehm... Notmrt, the Sexiest Voice on the Net... :lol: ;)

Edited by T.G.Maestro, 21 September 2004 - 01:37 AM.

Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#4 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:31 AM

well, i still think his stats are too good. :P
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#5 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:40 AM

well, i still think his stats are too good

I reported the same problem a looong time ago on its forum, but the author said he is good as he is. ;)
I fail to see how an elven Necromancer who never really had much physical training would have higher STR score than 11...

Edited by T.G.Maestro, 21 September 2004 - 03:41 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:34 AM

Actually, as a Tamari, he would have been trained as a warrior from childhood. They are a warrior nation. He is not a dual-classed character because this sort of background does not translate well into D&D terms. In addition, his Tamari bloodline would grant him great strength. (Read the novels! ;) )

Anyway, I am glad that there is interest in him, and thanks to Notmrt for the voice! :D

And thanks to Immortality for creating the PERFECT Tsujatha portrait! :D

Sillara

Edited by Sillara of the Tamari, 21 September 2004 - 06:40 AM.

Check out my RPG forum!

#7 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:08 AM

this might be true.
but 15 is still considerable good. 12/12/18/15/12. all is above average.
12 for char means he is beautifull and charming but doesnt fit in the role as a leader like a paladin because he doesnt know of this world. and makes a total of 84. i dont give my character many more points. all around 80. my opinion. even char of 13 is okay if you must. :)
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#8 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:54 AM

I won't start another Chloe-style argument, promise, but Schatten has a good point here. Many modders interpret these stats in a strange way - to have stats this high (legally), one must be a rare and most special character: a Bhaalspawn for example. I'm sure all the Bioware NPCs are "original" and "unique" characters, still, they stay behind a reasonable level when it comes to crazy distribution of characteristic points. Don't know why, maybe all the mod NPC's out there are WAY more special and more powerful characters than the originals in the game... at least thats what their stats tell. Simply take a look around: Solaufein, Valen, Kiara, Tsujatha, Kitanya... they all have stats way above the average NPCs. And maybe thats the key for this strange symptom: "average". Every modder wants his/her NPC to be the "most special" and "most interesting" character. The only problem is with the implementation: one won't get better or unique because of extreme statistics. ;)

Actually, as a Tamari, he would have been trained as a warrior from childhood. They are a warrior nation

Do you think that one who turns towards magic (and not only that, he even specializes in one of the most exotic spell school!) will have the same time and energy to train as a fighter? Hardly, maybe SuperMan.

But hey, I repeat myself, I said these words already on the CoM forums. -_-
Posted Image

#9 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:09 AM

I won't start another Chloe-style argument, promise, but Schatten has a good point here. Many modders interpret these stats in a strange way - to have stats this high (legally), one must be a rare and most special character: a Bhaalspawn for example. I'm sure all the Bioware NPCs are "original" and "unique" characters, still, they stay behind a reasonable level when it comes to crazy distribution of characteristic points. Don't know why, maybe all the mod NPC's out there are WAY more special and more powerful characters than the originals in the game... at least thats what their stats tell. Simply take a look around: Solaufein, Valen, Kiara, Tsujatha, Kitanya... they all have stats way above the average NPCs. And maybe thats the key for this strange symptom: "average". Every modder wants his/her NPC to be the "most special" and "most interesting" character. The only problem is with the implementation: one won't get better or unique because of extreme statistics. ;)

Actually, as a Tamari, he would have been trained as a warrior from childhood. They are a warrior nation

Do you think that one who turns towards magic (and not only that, he even specializes in one of the most exotic spell school!) will have the same time and energy to train as a fighter? Hardly, maybe SuperMan.

But hey, I repeat myself, I said these words already on the CoM forums. -_-

OK, TG, here is my counter strike :
1. What you say is correct, but the NPC are built so powerful to match their opponents. The percent of high-level opponent in BG2 is totally insane. If you are able to encounter through the game at least 100 characters with high stats or above level 10, then why not for the NPC, too ? That is from the game's perspective.
2. The NPC's are all adventurers. They don't stand idle at their home and harvest their crops. They are all of high level and, to become so, they took part in a lot of quests, which are very dangerous. Only the best of them will survive enough to reach level 8 or more. It's a kind of natural selection. Of course not all are born with high stats, but an adventurer who advanced to level 9 or more is already a champion. Yes, TG, you are right, not all adventurers have such high stats, but 90% die before reaching level 9.

Edited by Feanor, 21 September 2004 - 07:16 AM.

#10 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:15 AM

Tsu has silver eyes too and golden skin. :) Alas, every modded npc out there turns out to be a bit of a Mary Sue (mea maxima culpa...)

<Gimme one modded npc with 'normal' eyes and haircolor, normal stats and no 'tragic and romantic ' story :D.>

and especially when modded by a female (mea maxima culpa again). But at least the female-created npcs are smart -- you have to agree -- cause we love our guys smart. When a guy makes a female npc they give her big bosom and a set of armor 'that does not distract from her sexuality'. :lol: And her stats usually overbloated in dexterity and constitution department not intelligence.

Just an amusing observation anyway.

Hubelpot romance anybody? And btw -- where is that bunny mod we were promised for so long?

Congratulations on your newest release Sillara -- an elven npc is always a plus in my books. :wub:

#11 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:44 AM

OK, TG, here is my counter strike :
1. What you say is correct, but the NPC are built so powerful to match their opponents. The percent of high-level opponent in BG2 is totally insane. If you are able to encounter through the game at least 100 characters with high stats or above level 10, then why not for the NPC, too ? That is from the game's perspective.
2. The NPC's are all adventurers. They don't stand idle at their home and harvest their crops. They are all of high level and, to become so, they took part in a lot of quests, which are very dangerous. Only the best of them will survive enough to reach level 8 or more. It's a kind of natural selection. Of course not all are born with high stats, but an adventurer who advanced to level 9 or more is already a champion. Yes, TG, you are right, not all adventurers have such high stats, but 90% die before reaching level 9.

1. do you REALLY want to tell me !5points! distributed among the stats change a superpowerfull npc to a peasent or vice versa? no, but it gives the player (read: me) the feeling of a difference between a super hero ultima power pacman and a good "normal" npc.
the changes in my example above wont render the pc useless. remember the pc get some powerfull boost from items, too.
2. umm... yes, they get stronger by adventuring and exercising. but a necro dont change from necro to fighter. ;)

Edited by Schatten, 21 September 2004 - 07:46 AM.

#12 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:46 AM

OK, TG, here is my counter strike

Hmm, I warned you about the Chloe-syndrome... :P

You forget to mention a critical point Feanor: opponents are made tough to stand a chance against the player controlled characters. Currently AIs are far from the skills of a human player - both in tactic and in improvisation. You can be much more resourceful in your actions than the AI opponents - if they weren't get better stats (and brilliant scripts of course), they wouldn't stand a chance even against an "average" player. For example, imagine Balthazar with 80 HPs, no regeneration, and only 7-8 HLAs from the fighter pool... what do you think, how long would he stand against your party in ToB?
Comparing party NPCs to opponents is not a good choice, they are designed differently. Compare an NPC to another NPC instead.

2. The NPC's are all adventurers. They don't stand idle at their home and harvest their crops. They are all of high level and, to become so, they took part in a lot of quests, which are very dangerous. Only the best of them will survive enough to reach level 8 or more. It's a kind of natural selection. Of course not all are born with high stats, but an adventurer who advanced to level 9 or more is already a champion.

You only prove my point Feanor: don't you find it strange that most player-made NPCs fall into the "champion" cathegory, while the original (and equally unique) NPCs remain on the "average" level...? Natural selection maybe? I doubt it.

<Gimme one modded npc with 'normal' eyes and haircolor, normal stats and no 'tragic and romantic ' story .>

and especially when modded by a female (mea maxima culpa again). But at least the female-created npcs are smart -- you have to agree -- cause we love our guys smart. When a guy makes a female npc they give her big bosom and a set of armor 'that does not distract from her sexuality'.  And her stats usually overbloated in dexterity and constitution department not intelligence.

I couldn't agree more Dorotea... very good points..! :lol: :lol: :P
Posted Image

#13 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:07 AM

OK, TG, you said to compare a NPC with another NPC. I shall do so. Tsujatha's stats are STR 17, DEX 12, CON 12, INT 19, WIS 16, CHA 14. As you can see, Tsujatha does not have awesome stats, only his strength is more than average for a mage. But, for instance, Nalia and Imoen, both thief/mage, have 16 CON, the same as Minsc. That is not strange ? ;)

#14 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:21 AM

Nalia and Imoen, both thief/mage, have 16 CON, the same as Minsc. That is not strange ?

This is another problem, one that has its roots in the differences beteen genders. One would expect a woman to be less sturdy than a man, but most roleplaying games won't make any difference for well known reasons.
Also, if I observe your question from another PoV, wrong distribution of points is not equivalent with boosting an NPC's stats to unreal heights. ;)
Posted Image

#15 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:21 AM

And thanks to Immortality for creating the PERFECT Tsujatha portrait! :D

:D :D I was very surprised to see my portrait as default ^_^

Doro: whats wront with HAWT guys? :love:
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#16 nethrin

nethrin
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:29 AM

as a co-developer of Gilalion (Tsujatha's world), here's my copperssss:

silver eyes and golden skin are RACIAL characteristics of the Tamari Elves. sorry, but they ALL look that way. Tsujatha is not special.

right! the 17 is the ONLY non-mage high stat. what . . . is . . . the . . . fuss? and don't bring up WIS either, cuz a necromancer is required to have a 16 WIS.

oh, and the bioware NPCs--they can do no wrong, eh? they're so perfectly crafted, eh? oh all glory to them, eh? well, news flash--they're illegal.

anomen's an illegal dual-classed fighter/cleric. (cf. 12 WIS)

aerie's an illegal multi-classed cleric/mage. (cf. elf)

there's always one way to keep tsujatha from bothering you: don't download him. and if you retort with "I haven't and never will!" then what's the problem??

Edited by nethrin, 21 September 2004 - 08:34 AM.

Let the Realms' wizards beware: Kindrek is here!
Natha jalil s'lat'halin vel'uss shlu'ta mir ilta ehmtu xuil l' prollussk. Il zhah Yasraena.
How's about we go sort out a few chavs with Willie Bruce?
Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt Saerileth's love.

#17 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:30 AM

Nalia and Imoen, both thief/mage, have 16 CON, the same as Minsc. That is not strange ?

This is another problem, one that has its roots in the differences beteen genders. One would expect a woman to be less sturdy than a man, but most roleplaying games won't make any difference for well known reasons.
Also, if I observe your question from another PoV, wrong distribution of points is not equivalent with boosting an NPC's stats to unreal heights. ;)

TG, you misunderstood my point here, I was not talking about differences between genders. I want to emphasize that it is possible for a NPC to have a high value for one of his stats which is not their main interest. I was focusing about the comparison mage versus ranger.

#18 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:31 AM

Er? What's a HAWT ?? And to answer the question the way I understand it-- when I see a romance character who is deliberately set as 'exotically beautiful overly bright super strong and charismatic' I think -- Fabio. ;) Add an evil flavor with tendency to romance 'good' npcs -- does he cast 'detect evil' on them btw -- to be so selective :wacko: -- and I think Lord Voldemort with Fabio's personality. :D

Cute even sexy but totally unrealistic... then again who wants to play a romance with a 10/10/10/10 guy with mouse colored hair and eyes the color of dead fish? Would be a novelty though...

#19 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:35 AM

Er? What's a HAWT ?? And to answer the question the way I understand it-- when I see a romance character who is deliberately set as 'exotically beautiful overly bright super strong and charismatic' I think -- Fabio. ;) Add an evil flavor with tendency to romance 'good' npcs -- does he cast 'detect evil' on them btw -- to be so selective :wacko: -- and I think Lord Voldemort with Fabio's personality. :D

Cute even sexy but totally unrealistic... then again who wants to play a romance with a 10/10/10/10 guy with mouse colored hair and eyes the color of dead fish? Would be a novelty though...

Would that be the "Ick go away" mod?

then again a npc mod with a great looking npc with horrid personality would be amusing as well.
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#20 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:37 AM

there's always one way to keep tsujatha from not bothering you: don't download him. and if you retort with "I haven't and never will!" then what's the problem??

Hey -- no need to get all defensive on me, I am not saying Tsu is not interesting -- only that he would have benefited from being less of a 'I am so special' package.

As for racial traits -- I wonder why do they have silver eyes -- does their planet atmosphere require this? ;) Why don't make a drow necro btw -- but I relaise red eyes are not as sexy. :) And speaking of warrior races -- drow are the one, and yet their wisards have 'normal' stats.

Once again -- I am not trying to badmoth the mod, only pointing out that extra sexiness can sometimes cause an opposite reaction from what you are aiming at.