Fixes for BP_s_and_h_Patch v2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:51 AM

OK, i'm starting a list of bugfixes to be included in v2 of the s_and_h Patch (although it will probably be called BP-BGT-NEJ v 3.15 or something).

add any suggestions here, i'll update this list as bugs get reported/verified. try to provide a link to a thread so that we can trace back at a later date what the issue is.

Fixes for next version of BP s_and_h Patch
  • AR6200 bug - which stops redemption being installed (here).
    Beta fix available here.
  • KAROUG.CRE fix on werewolf island (here).
  • SHADEL.CRE fix for BP-NEJ installs (here).
    Beta fix available here.
  • Silke's dlg in Beregost (here).
  • Tavern Duel in Ust Natha - doesn't initiate properly, so duels cannot be done (here).
    Beta fix available here.
  • Nalia's Keep bug. Again. (here).
    Fix available here.
  • Party leaving early, before the start of TotSC. (here).
  • Simyaz' Githyanki allies don't turn hostile when Simyaz is attacked. (here).
    Beta fix available here.
  • Kachiko leaving for good if she is kicked out of the party, with or without Yoshimo (here).
    Beta fix available here.
  • Alora has caught the stutterbug (here).
    Solution (blank ALORA.BCS) available here.
  • Crash to Desktop when using the Druid Spell 'Air Pocket' (SPPR421): here.
    Beta fix available here.
  • Purskal undead respawning (here).
    Beta fix available here.
  • Soup up dragon immunities (here).
  • Soubar and Spellhold items not returned when taken (here).
    Possible solution, in the form of a displayed warning about impendinspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netspellholdstudios.netg item removal, available here.
  • Dakkon's streaming blade can break NPCs (here).
  • Some ongoing issues with the Robillard patch (here).
  • Crash on Level 4 of Watcher's Keep (here).
  • Dynaheir cutscene looping in TS (here).
    Fix available here.
  • Dishwasher in Soubar displays the kit description for the Saurial Paladin (here).
  • NEJ strrefs (here).
  • Asgareth's allies not turning hostile if he is attacked in Watcher's Keep (here)
    Beta fix available here.
  • Gibberlings chatter (here).
    Solution ported from BP-BGT-NEJ 3.13 patch
  • Multiple Simes joinable.
  • Kachiko's Hojo war ring doesn't work as advertised (here).
  • Gov't area breaking Jarlaxle quest in BP-BGT-NEJ (here).
  • Galoomp the shopkeeper in a BP-BGT game accesses the wrong store (here).
  • Problems with mage and sorcerer HLAs (here).
  • Shar-teel's armour has the unremovable-item-mistakenly-listed-as-quest-item problem as well (here).

Edited by seanas, 08 October 2004 - 12:11 PM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 02:40 PM

The problem with all the NPCs leaving you in BGT before you head off to Ulgarth(?). The global seems to be set before you finish those quests instead of afterward.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:06 PM

All or just the ones you see later in SoA? Then not a bug, but a Bardez story continuity device. But if all then a real big bug.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:08 PM

do you mean this thread? i can't work out if this is a bug or, err, less than optimal programming. Chev seems to indicate that non-BGII NPCs will hang around, so maybe it was intended to work that way? still, if it was supposed to go into the 3.13 patch at some point, there should be a fix hanging around somewhere to make the transition more sensibly.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#5 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 09:40 PM

I was the one having the problem. I'll load a veeeery earlier savegame and look for other NPCs who don't play any role in BGII. I'll EDIT this message when I get some result. (Anyway, any NPC appearing in BGII shouldn't leave until AFTER completing TotSC, IMHO).

EDIT: Worked. I went to get Branwen and she didn't run away after having talked to Belt.

Edited by Arturcic, 23 September 2004 - 10:42 PM.

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:02 PM

I am almost to the point now (a few more hours) to see if they all leave or just the ones that should leave do. I will let you know.

Edit: I just played though the end of BG1 and getting ready to start TotSC and all went fine. Yeslick left, the rest stayed. No bugs, just the way it was ment to be.

Edited by Chevalier, 24 September 2004 - 02:59 AM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 11:29 PM

THIS POST IS NOW IN THE "BUG WITH AEC'LATEC" THREAD.

Edited by Arturcic, 24 September 2004 - 01:50 PM.

#8 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:12 PM

When I have Alora (the halfing thief in the hall of wonders) in my party she walk about 5 feet and stops. She wont stay with the rest of the group. I think someone (Hlid?) said that it was due to a diolog problem.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#9 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:27 PM

When I have Alora (the halfing thief in the hall of wonders) in my party she walk about 5 feet and stops. She wont stay with the rest of the group. I think someone (Hlid?) said that it was due to a diolog problem.

That is the classic dialog stutter, yep. You have any other mods installed? It might not be a bug, but just a general example of how the IE engine glitches occassionally. Her script is saying "it's time to talk" but there are no valid states in her dialog. Sometimes this happens when a global gets changed, then interrupted before a dialog can start. Or it can of course be another damn bug! First I've heard of it though.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#10 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:58 PM

Also I now have Safana in my party. After a few nights each time I sleep the game CTD (BGmain.exe). If I kick her out then no CTD when I sleep (outside or inn)

Edit: If I have Safana in my part without Eldoth after moveing to more than 9 area then I when I sleep I get a CTD. If I remove her from my party then no CTD. This happens at an Inn or outside. I have done a bunch of testing on this. Can think of why??

Edited by Chevalier, 26 September 2004 - 06:41 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#11 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:36 PM

When I enter an area, after an auto save, Alora6 will do her stutter step. If I then sleep then she acts normally, untill entering another area. I have been looking at her files and can see nothing wrong (but how would I know?). Would it be with her diolog file or a sound file? Something like she want to react to her enviorment? I need a thief to replace Imoen after I dual her.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#12 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:11 AM

Quoted from a PM re: this issue.

I took a quick look, and it appears that it's some kind of holdover from BG1. She's set up to Activate/Deactivate depending on the time of day. This is supposed to be in effect only for the Hall of Wonders scenario!
The easiest way to fix this would be to remove this from her script. Since she's already in your party, just open the savegame with NI. Open her cre file, and set her Override script from Alora.bcs to NONE. There shouldn't be any harm to your game. Second option, is to make a null .bcs file (ie. a blank) and rename it to Alora.bcs. The latter is probably better, and won't fubar your installation as the area script for the hall of wonders takes care of her appearance/disappearance it seems. I'll post this in the forum for the next bugpatch.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#13 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:10 AM

v2 patch update

with the exception of the TOB bugs - two in Watchers Keep and one in Amkrethan - and three of the BGT bugs (which i've sub-contracted out :P ), i've got the next patch version ready to roll.

so: some requests.

1. if someone can send me a saved game in amkrethan where it crashes, could you send it to me at seanasagain@yahoo.com.au ? it doesn't crash in my install, so i don't know what to fix.

2. if someone could send me saves at the Watchers Keep crashes, that'd be handy: it will save me time hunting for the problem ;) .

3. if anyone wants a pre-release version to test if installs in their game, the fixes work, check my code, etc, send me a PM.

4. this is a last call for bugs: i've scoured the lists here and at La Couronne, and fixed everything that's actually a bug, as far as i know, but i might have forgotten something. so if there's a bug that's not listed in the first post of this thread, post it here as soon as possible so i can fix it and get v2 out.

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:43 AM

What about the door problem at AR1300 (Nalia's Keep?). Rattledagger pointed out that the door was broken in patch 3.13. Can we get it fixed again? I.e., secret door travel trigger is set as proximity instead.

Classic Adventures

#15 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:02 AM

i was assuming yr AR1300.are fixed the problem! i've included it as an override for BGT users - or does it not work? i guess i can actually *check* the file myself.... :blink:

#16 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:25 AM

i was assuming yr AR1300.are fixed the problem! i've included it as an override for BGT users - or does it not work? i guess i can actually *check* the file myself.... :blink:

That fixes it. I just wanted to know if it was included in your patch. You didn't list it. :P

Classic Adventures

#17 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:52 PM

In the area with the Xvarts attacking Bessie the cow, on the far east side there's a dwarf who asks you to go kill the ogres to the south of her. However, her response once you've done so doesn't work.

The mage hanging out at Sorcerous Sundries who takes the necklace and ring from the feuding necromancers; his dialogue indicates that he's giving you a cloak. However, no cloak is forthcoming. And I believe that Ragefast doesn't give you the reward you're supposed to get for bringing him the Abela the nymph.

#18 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:59 AM

s_and_h patch v2 beta

I've posted a WeiDU beta version of v2 of this patch here for anyone brave enough to test my tp2 coding skills.

v2 beta current fixes:
    * AR6200 bug - which stops redemption being installed - fixed.
    * SHADEL.CRE fix for BP-NEJ installs.
    * Tavern Duel in Ust Natha should now work properly.
    * Nalia's Keep bug fixed. Again.
    * Simyaz' Githyanki allies fixed.
    * Kachiko leaving for good if she is kicked out of the party, with or without Yoshimo fixed.
    * Alora stutterbug fixed.
    * Druid Spell 'Air Pocket' (SPPR421) fixed.
    * Purskal undead respawning fixed.
    * Soup up dragon immunities.
    * warning in Soubar and Spellhold before items are taken.
    * Dakkon's streaming blade fix.
    * Robillard patch re-done.
    * Crash on Level 4 of Watcher's Keep fixed.
    * Dynaheir cutscene looping in TS stopped.
    * Baneliches fix. Again.
    * Sureblade Fix to open door if Rolf dies.
    * Asgareth Fix in Watcher's Keep.
    * Multiple Simes fixed.
    * NEJ string references fixed.
    * IGIBBER.CRE fix from 3.13 imported.

#19 Archen

Archen
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:51 PM

I just dloaded and tried to install the patch S and H v2 beta. I put all the files in my BG2 directory and when I type Y to install, I get the errors :

Error: error loading [BP_s_and_h_Patch/bafs/oldsales.af]
Error: [AR0509.bcs] -> [override/AR0509.bcs] Patching Failed <Copy> <Unix.Unix_error<20, "stat", "BP_s_and_h_Patch/bafs/oldsales.af">>
Error Installing [Install BP s_&_h Patch Fixes], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 79 files for [Setup-BP_s_and_h_PatchV2.tps] component 0.

Anyway, there's more, and it says to Please email the setup-bp_s_and_h_patchv2.debug to seanasagain@yahoo.com.au

Then it asks me again if I'd like to install the component, and it does the same thing.

#20 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:58 PM

that'd be a typo in the .tp2: go me! ok, i've updated the .zip file, and i've attached the corrected .tp2 file below so that you don't need to download the whole thing again if you've already got it: replace the existing Setup-BP_s_and_h_Patchv2.tp2 with this one, and it should work... or at least that bug will be squished :blink: .

[EDIT] there's also a flaw in my attempt to be tricky and force redemption-compatibility onto BP.... so a new, new Setup-BP_s_and_h_Patchv2.tps is now attached. oh, and i previously uploaded a version without the .af error fixed. crikey....

[EDIT] and that .tp2 was also full of typos. yay me! try this one - it might actually install, if we're all really lucky...

Edited by seanas, 11 October 2004 - 04:21 AM.