Photo

Fixes for BP_s_and_h_Patch v2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#21 Archen

Archen
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:20 PM

CRAP!! sry, its my typo in the tp2. I still get that error. BTW, how do i copy and paste from dos boxes?
Sorry for bothering you with this, I wonder if anyone else gets this?
Could it be that it looks for /bafs/oldsales.af, instead of oldsales.baf?

Attached Files

Edited by Archen, 05 October 2004 - 02:57 PM.

#22 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:31 PM

CRAP!! sry, its my typo in the tp2. I still get that error. BTW, how do i copy and paste from dos boxes?

err, i've got no idea how to quote from a dos window. but weidu will have spat out a file called setup-bp_s_and_h_patchv2.debug into yr BGII directory.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#23 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:25 PM

err, i've got no idea how to quote from a dos window. but weidu will have spat out a file called setup-bp_s_and_h_patchv2.debug into yr BGII directory.

Click on the icon on the upper left side. You will get the normal list of options, but there is also one called Edit. Inside is Mark (which highlights) and the copy and paste commands. CTRL-V, CTRL-X commands don't usually work in a DOS window.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#24 taltos

taltos
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around here a long time, but I caught a couple of minor bugs in this mod. My setup is vanilla BP-BGT-NEJ install with the BP_s_and_h_Patch v1 only. First, Kachiko's Hojo War Ring (npring02.itm) states in its description that it gives a +3 to both AC and Constitution. It actually only gives +2 to these two stats. I happened to catch it when I went in with NI to make it removeable.

Also, I noticed that when I pick up the TDD NPC Adario Kalvaras in the Copper Coronet he is missing one of his specialized short swords. He still has the short sword Dark feeder, but the other one is missing. I do not remember what it is called, nor could I find it in NI. However, I do remember him having it when I installed TDD by itself a couple of years ago.

Just a couple of minor things, but I thought they were worth mentioning. I am glad to see that these mods are being well maintained. Good work guys.

#25 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:10 AM

Kachiko's Hojo war ring: added to list.

Adario's sword: will have to wait til v163 of Weidu (woohoo!) it might not be there by deliberate choice, too: it would be unusual for Horred to forget to port the sword into BP but to remember to place a normal short sword there instead. i can't find any reference to it either, so maybe it was left out deliberately?

Edited by seanas, 06 October 2004 - 09:18 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#26 taltos

taltos
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:26 AM

One other thing I forgot to mention. Galoomp the bookeeper in the Promenade is using "Well Adjusted Al's" Dialog and shop inventory from Baldur's Gate 1. I think Al was located in the District of the Flaming Fist Headquarters...

As to Adario, unfortunately, I can not remember the stats on his second sword so it may have been removed for a reason. If that is the case, then maybe removing the reference to it in the item description of his first sword Dark Feeder would be appropriate.

#27 Frohl

Frohl
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:09 PM

The new tp2 seemed to work fine for me, with the old s and h and without it, BUT the Rolf sureblade fix didn't work for me in the version 2. I just used the original but I thought i'd let you know just in case. Oh yeah, and the new tp2 has an underscore after setup instead of a hyphen....confused me for a couple minutes :)

Thanks for the hard work.

#28 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:46 PM

The new tp2 seemed to work fine for me, with the old s and h and without it, BUT the Rolf sureblade fix didn't work for me in the version 2. I just used the original but I thought i'd let you know just in case. Oh yeah, and the new tp2 has an underscore after setup instead of a hyphen....confused me for a couple minutes :)

really? in what way did it not work? did it not install, or did it not work in-game? it *looks* like it should install, and i actually tested that one in-game reasonably carefully.

#29 Frohl

Frohl
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:10 PM

Here is the debug that wouldnt install rolf's nerf. This is with the v1 installed, but it gave me the same message when i tried v2 without v1. This hasn't been tested in game at all. Just the install.

Oh yeah, the shartej.dlg file issue i sent you the other day didn't go away with any of the things you suggested, so i reinstalled everything (I'm a sucker for punishment) and it worked fine. Something must have flaked out in my original install.

Attached Files

Edited by Frohl, 06 October 2004 - 09:11 PM.

#30 morg

morg
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:52 AM

did any one meantion the bug with ribalds store.i mentions this b4.but it was assumed to be a fubared install.but i've reinstalled several times and i had no other problems any time with my install.with any of them really....basically when i try to enter his store.i either a cant enter.b.can enter but its day time.or c.if i advance time control-t.i end up in a cave from bg1.

#31 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:26 AM

don't know what the ending up in a cave is about, but in BP you can't enter his store during the evening. the main quest for Shadows over Soubar requires you to break in there at night, so it is always locked during the night. possibly the cave thing is what Soubar does to make sure players don't cheat by entering the store during the day and waiting til night falls. so no: not a flaw, but a design feature.

Edited by seanas, 07 October 2004 - 01:26 AM.

#32 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:17 AM

In a cave? Or in the maze like the one under FireBridge? That maze area is supposed to be under his shop.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#33 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:09 PM

Are there any specific fixes in this fix pack that would require a new game to be started, assuming I am still in the beginnings of BGT. Specifically, are there globals that are going to be missed in my current game?

Thanks

#34 Frohl

Frohl
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:24 PM

Just a little thing, if you're fixing up Shar-teel's armor anyway. Her armor's description says she uses "single weapon style" , but she has only 2 proficiency points spent, 1 star in long sword and 1 in short sword, and I believe she should have 4 at level 2 and I suspect they were supposed to have been in single weapon style.

Not really a bug I suppose and simple to fix with NI, but just in case no one else had noticed.

#35 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:27 AM

I believe SoS prevents you from entering the Adventurer's Mart at night (shrug).

#36 Warlock

Warlock
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:38 AM

Ascension compatibility fix [Download]
This fix corrects a mis-set variable in the Throne of Bhaal (as in the location for the final showdown with Melissan) which prevents Redemption installing. There might be other issues which prevent Redemption installing as well - there definitely are with a BP-BGT or BP-BGT-NEJ install; if so, let me know and i'll find a way around them

your zip file is AR6200.zip & your file is > ar6200.bcs <

But

Quot
Here be 3 questions in 1 and I shall try to split the answer onto 3 as well.

1. Firstly there is this change in BP-Ascension hard-wired.

SetGlobalTimer("ForceWalkway","AR6200",0) might be a typo as original is

SetGlobalTimer("ForceWalkway","AR6200",30)

If you fix your package there is no need for my fix -- if you want to leave BP the way it is -- we will need a patch for Redemption with BP.

Here is the file to be placed into redemption\bcs dir

> AR6200asc.BCS <

I am runing BP-BGT-NEJ. is your bata patch right or rong?
The file in my redemption\bcs dir is > ar6200asc.bcs < . Is your file name right
or is DOROTEA'S file name right? :huh:

#37 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:36 AM

we're both right, as far as i know.

either way, the Throne of Bhaal area AR6200.are will be looking for a script of the name AR6200.bcs (or ar6200.bcs - case doesn't matter). my fix patches this area directly; because dorotea's fix goes in the redemption/bcs folder (not the override folder) (and because i know for certain that her fix *also* works) i suspect that during the redemption installation process, the file ar6200asc.bcs gets re-named AR6200.bcs and placed in the override folder.

both dorotea's fix and my fix patch the same problem (my fix is no fact just an automated version of dorotea's fix) so you only need one: if you install the v2 beta patch before redemption, you won't need dorotea's fix; if you install the v2 beta *after* redemption, it will skip that step because it won't find any matching (incorrect) script blocks in AR6200.bcs.

#38 Warlock

Warlock
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 03:04 AM

:thumb: :thumb:

#39 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:04 PM

ok. all the fixes are done, and i'm pretty sure most of them actually work :P, so as soon as i've finished the documentation - tomorrow, i'd guess - the next version of the patch (likely to be called v3) will be released. woohoo! with any luck, that might even be the end of the bugs i BP-BGT-NEJ....

#40 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 06:53 AM

Has this version of the patch been sealed yet?, or are new bugs still being added to the list?

Oops....didnt see the last post.

Edited by mildImp, 15 October 2004 - 06:55 AM.