Photo

World Map Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KMA

KMA
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:21 AM

Is there a quest I need to trigger to access the Umar Hills or do I have a bigger problem?

After talking to Tolgerias &/or Delon my world map updates as usual however the UH is grayed out rather than accessible blue. I see on the Features page there are quests which take place in the UH. Do I need to trigger one?

I also saw a reference to someone working on world map issues. Is this one?

I've done two clean installs and get the same issue. I have Tortured Souls and a number of Weidu mods installed.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:40 AM

two questions:

do you have unfinished business installed; specifically the valygar component? that introduces a new requirement you have to complete before the Umar Hillsa ara accessible.

the first time yr trying to access the Umar Hills, are you exiting Athkatla thru the City Gates?

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 KMA

KMA
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 03:30 AM

Thanks for the reply. Good questions.

Yes, I am exiting throught the City Gates. I can go everywhere else; Trademeet, D'Arnise ect.

The first time I couldn't go there I did have UB installed but without the Valygar componet to avoid potential issues with TS. On the clean installs I did not load UB at all.

Any thoughts?

#4 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 03:33 AM

Are you using a savegame from your UB install? The worldmap would be the one modified for the mod. (It's saved with the savegame.)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#5 KMA

KMA
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:26 AM

Also a good question. Although that's the kind of goofball thing I would do, in this case, I started a new game. I also have run into the .TP2 file, Bridge District crash problem. I replaced the the section of the file as suggested in the thread but to no effect on the saved game. Perhaps a connection to the World Map issue?

#6 KMA

KMA
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:42 AM

Apologies to all. I did have to go through the City Gates. I have played this game dozens of times and never ran into that before. So now I'm down to the .TP2 problem.