Compatible Mods

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:27 AM

Since the question came up, here is a list of the mods currently having been tested and found to work with the Edwin Romance. This list may be subject to change, so should anybody know of other mods that are tried and tested, or mods known *not* to be compatible, please let me know.

Ascension, Redemption, The Longer Road, Solaufein, Valen, Kelsey, Tactics, Item Upgrades, Ease of Use, Dungeon-Be-Gone, NPC Banter Pack, Ashes of Embers, Unfinished Business, Tsujatha, semi multi clerics, TDDsinTDD, Corthala Romantique, the FWItem pack, G3 tweaks (some components), Hubelpot, eSeries, FR/ROV, Planar Sphere, Refinements (some components), Divine Remix and Improved Battles.

Please note that the 'Female Edwina' component of Ease of Use may potentially cause conflict with the Edwin Romance's Female Edwina, so you may be better off not installing that.

So far incompatible: BGT, Big Picture. May be made compatible in a later version.

Edited 0502028 - can be made compatible with these two by using the installation procedure outlined in the sticky post written by Radwen.

Edited 050520: Incompatible with Quest Pack.

Edited 060122: Found to be compatible with Quest Pack if you don't install the 'additional Shadow Thieves' content. May well work with it installed as well, as long as you make certain to kill Mae'Var with Edwin in party.

Edited by Laufey, 14 February 2006 - 10:21 PM.

#2 -The Guest-

-The Guest-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:29 PM

Hey, could someone do me a favour and test it out with Unfinished Business?

#3 -Carnage-

-Carnage-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:59 PM

Not much of a favour, really eh..

Why not actually ask over at the UB forums instead.

~C~

#4 -The Guest-

-The Guest-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:46 PM

Well, taking into consideration that Edwin's Romance is about 4 times larger than UB... it just seemed more likely to get an answer here.

But nevermind, I?m sure I'll get around to testing it someday.

#5 -Dora-

-Dora-

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:02 PM

For the record, I have Unfinished Business installed, and everything seems to be working in both categories, for Edwin and UB. Granted, I haven't finished the romance by far, and I haven't completed the game yet, but thus far everything seems green. :)

#6 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:53 PM

that Edwin's Romance is about 4 times larger than UB

If you mean the download size it only reflcts the fact that ER has music files. :D
And the romance dialogs are quite long, but UB is a very complicated endeavour in terms of scripting. So, speaking strictly from the scripting PoV , UB might be a more serious affair and asking on their forum might not be a bad idea.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#7 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:18 PM

For the record, I have Unfinished Business installed, and everything seems to be working in both categories, for Edwin and UB. Granted, I haven't finished the romance by far, and I haven't completed the game yet, but thus far everything seems green. :)

If you could let me know in this thread when you've finished the romance, I'd appreciate it. :) Then, I'll add Unfinished Business to the tested mods in the sticky.

#8 Catseye

Catseye

Elf Lover

• 71 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 01:38 PM

I had UB installed and didn't seem to have any problems. :)
Just arrived from The Inn of the Prancing Pony

#9 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 07:52 PM

I had UB installed and didn't seem to have any problems. :)

Great! :) In that case, I'll add it.

#10 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:29 AM

I'm playing wit Tsujatha, semi multi clerics, TDDsinTDD, Corthala Romantique, the FWItem pack, G3 tweaks (some components), Hubelpot, eSeries, FR/ROV, Planar Sphere, Refinements (some components) and Improved Battles, and no probs here either :D
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#11 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:31 AM

I'm playing wit Tsujatha, semi multi clerics, TDDsinTDD, Corthala Romantique, the FWItem pack, G3 tweaks (some components), Hubelpot, eSeries, FR/ROV, Planar Sphere, Refinements (some components) and Improved Battles, and no probs here either :D

Excellent! :D I'll add those as well to the list.

#12 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:48 AM

Though Tsujatha will notice you romancing Edwin and give you his "generic jealousy" talk. ;) Tsujatha is quite jealous of that Red Wizard. :D

Sillara
Check out my RPG forum!

#13 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:46 AM

Though Tsujatha will notice you romancing Edwin and give you his "generic jealousy" talk. ;) Tsujatha is quite jealous of that Red Wizard. :D

Sillara

Oh, how amusing! :lol: Another Evil Wizard, eh? Maybe I should try him out sometime. ;)

#14 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:57 AM

GAH! This means no concurrent Tsu-Edwin romance? Sillara ;_; Why do you do this to me?! *cries*

EDIT: FIX0RED mwahahaha! :edwin:

Edited by Immortality, 05 October 2004 - 09:28 AM.

CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#15 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:28 AM

GAH! This means no concurrent Tsu-Edwin romance? Sillara ;_; Why do you do this to me?! *cries*

EDIT: FIX0RED mwahahaha! :edwin:

Heh, fortunately concurrent romances isn't too hard to set up. ;)

#16 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:50 PM

Which reminds me -- we need to hard code Tsu, Valygar and maybe Neht romances so that when they hit '2' , they should turn Edwin's to 3. No cheating folks. And btw -- I would suggest making a hidden variable so that when ERA hits 3, it stays 3 whatever you set it in the CLUA

:P

#17 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:01 PM

Sadly that's all too easy to find, but it's a nice thought. ;)

#18 -dorotea-

-dorotea-

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:10 PM

Not really! If I make it LOCAL and belonging to Edwin cre you will never find it with CLUA. I did something like this in LR so that you cannot cheat with redeeming Irenicus. Same is quite possible with romance.

#19 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:54 PM

Actually I was thinking of using a particular modding tool to search for blocks where a variable is modified in every script. I won't give out more info since you don't want people doing it. ;)

#20 Sillara

Sillara

He made me love him without looking at me.

• 537 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:17 PM

Tsujatha is hard-coded to notice Edwin, and to set Edwin's RA to 3 when his goes to 2, and his own to 3 if Edwin's is 2. The only way to avoid this is to edit his scripts manually.

Sillara

Edit: Actually, I just discovered a way to cheat the console to avoid setting Tsujatha's to 3 when Edwin goes to 2, but not the other way. (So eventually you would not be able to keep romancing them both.) That has now been fixed. Now it cannot be cheated at all with the console.

Edited by Sillara of the Tamari, 05 October 2004 - 02:55 PM.

Check out my RPG forum!