Photo

Question about BP Scripts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeriusE

DeriusE
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:54 PM

I've got a question about how scripts will work - specifically the BP compatibile ones. With them, if I tell the whole group to attack one target because they are all hitting a different one and its going nowhere, does that cancel out the script or does it continue working and will the mages etc. still cast spells and so forth?

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:29 PM

Are you talking about the scripts built into BP or about scripts for your party? For your party, you can change the default by redirecting the attack but they will sooner or later go back to running the script and doing whatever it was before you changed their attack. I think there are hotkeys that allow you to disable the script and restart it.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 DeriusE

DeriusE
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:31 PM

I was talking about for my party. My biggest problem I find is in big fights they don't always keep on the same target, and it ends up taking far too long. Anybody know the hotkey to enable the script possibly? That would solve the problem I would think.

EDIT: Figured it out, its A. Does anybody know if this actually works, or how do you guys work with the AI scripts?

Edited by DeriusE, 05 October 2004 - 04:37 PM.

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:46 PM

hmm, i was sure that there was a readme built into the BP Series - in the BPSeries folder in yr main BGII directory. still, to enable the scripts, the hot key is E. to disable: D. and yes, A toggles the party AI on/off.

targetting the party to attack an enemy of choice whilst a mage is in the process of casting a spell will cause that spell to be lost; targetting the party at any other time will essentially just re-orient the scripts: as soon as the next round starts they will re-evaluate their actions (but not usually their targets, unless a third party is *also* attacking them).

and yeah, the BP Series works quite well: i use 'em all the time :P.

Edited by seanas, 05 October 2004 - 04:47 PM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||