Photo

Shadowkeeper with BP-BGT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DeriusE

DeriusE
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:48 PM

Does anybody know how I get Shadowkeeper to work with BP-BGT? I've tried NI, but, it's a bit too confusing for me. Is there any way to make Shadowkeeper work with BP-BGT? Think I remember seeing something on plaguezone.com that said how to do it before the site went down.

#2 lostincarnation

lostincarnation
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:45 PM

Does anybody know how I get Shadowkeeper to work with BP-BGT? I've tried NI, but, it's a bit too confusing for me. Is there any way to make Shadowkeeper work with BP-BGT? Think I remember seeing something on plaguezone.com that said how to do it before the site went down.

try IESE(infinity engine savegame editor)
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong."

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:55 PM

Shadowkeeper does not work with an auto install of BP/BGT.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 -omcmr-

-omcmr-

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:54 AM

The problem is that Shadowkeeper can't handle the larger dialog.tlk file, so the only way that I ever got it to work with BP/BP-BGT etc. was to temporarily move the original dialog.tlk file into the game folder. This allows character editing, but anything that may have been done to your characters (such as new innates) by the mods will not be recognized by SK.

So, in short, take the time to figure out NI and use it instead, you will be glad you did!

-omcmr

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES - "Anyone who doesn't have 2 Million Sun Block is going to have a real bad day!!!" Linda Hamilton, T2.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:04 AM

Actually it works fine on a manual install. So it isn't the dialog file that is the problem. It may be a combination of the dialog and the chiten.key that it can't handle together in an autoinstall.

DLTCEP doesn't like the autoinstall either. I have problems with editing items. Manual install works the best but your game REALLY suffers in performance.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 DeriusE

DeriusE
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:39 AM

Tried IESE, but whenever I attempt to open my savegame it gives me an error report and closes it. I'm just not getting anywhere here :bash:

NI won't let me do what I want with savegames, will it? If it does, then the way it does it is extremely the long way. It seems like it would make me look at every item to find the item I want to equip on the character, and then have to create it in-game.

Edited by DeriusE, 10 October 2004 - 07:57 AM.

#7 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:54 PM

Tried IESE, but whenever I attempt to open my savegame it gives me an error report and closes it. I'm just not getting anywhere here :bash:

NI won't let me do what I want with savegames, will it? If it does, then the way it does it is extremely the long way. It seems like it would make me look at every item to find the item I want to equip on the character, and then have to create it in-game.

I haven't had a great deal of luck creating items with NI, but is a very simple procedure to exchange one item for another. I will frequently fill the PC's inventory slots with a whole collection of crap items, then go to NI and convert them into what I'd actually like the PC to have. Cheesy, short, sweet, and effective. Just about the extent of modification that I can handle.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark
"What rough beast, Its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born."

W.B. Yeats

May the sun be always in the eyes of your enemies,
and may your feet always find the correct path.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark