Photo

NPC dialogs when removed/added to group

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:29 AM

I saw a thread in the BP forum that dealt with Kachiko's dialog when being asked to join the group and thought I'd post some similiar issues I have seen in BGT. Its nothing major, but alot (not all, but many) of the NPCs seem to respond with the wrong dialog when added or booted. It seems that their dialogs are transposed for these 2 events. When booted, they respond as if you have asked them to re-join and when approached to re-join the respond as if they are being asked to leave. Specifically, Ive seen this happen with Jaheria, Xzar and Kagian. Im fairly certain the responses have been in the right order for some other NPC's, but I can't sight a specific example here. More often than not they are reversed. Anyone else seeing this?

#2 Frohl

Frohl
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:40 AM

Yep, I have all the npc's that you can get before cloakwood stuck at the friendly arms and I find that most of them respond with their join dialog when you ask them to leave. It works fine for most of them, as they use that dialog again when you ask them to rejoin, but I have found that with the NPC pairs (jaheira-khalid, minsc dynaheir, montaron-xzar) that occasionally when you ask one to leave, and he takes the other one with him (using the join dialog instead of the leaving dialog), when you ask the npc that the one you kicked out took with him to join, he responds with the leaving the party dialog and won't join you.

It's not a problem with most of them, because if you ask the other one they will join, BUT with khalid and jaheira, if you ask the wrong one by mistake, they leave and go back to thier corner at the friendly arms inn.

#3 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:48 PM

So we have a legit bug? Anyone got this working properly with the BP-BGT-NEJ install?

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:04 PM

hlid fixed this bug - as far as we knew - in v1 of the s_and_h patch. are you saying that you are still having problems with it post install of the s_and_h patch?

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:11 PM

Actually the bug I fixed was where any forcetalk of a NPC in party, or interjections by the NPC were defaulting to the leave/join bug. The order of the leave/join dialog. The topic bug I didn't touch.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#6 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:33 PM

Yes. My install includes the v1 patch, but not v2 yet.

#7 Frohl

Frohl
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:20 AM

Actually, I had an interjection by montaron to Imoen (at least from the look of the animation) go to a leave/join loop. Gamebreaker if I wanted to keep him in my party would start up everytime I came back to try to have him join again. Started a new game though and havn't seen it yet. I have bg1npc, so it could be a problem with that mod.

I have all the regular stuff installed, BP-bgt-nej, ease, upgraded items, unfinished business, bg1npc, and bonehill.