Photo

Level Cap

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ozza G

ozza G
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:14 AM

Having checked this out through shadow keeper, i seem to have found that after 2.9 million, my characters no longer gain XP or levels. This is the same restriction that was implemented before the installation of throne of bhaal. The current mods i am using are BP, Shadows over Soubar, TS, TDD, CtB. Looking back i realised that when installing one of the final mods, i forgot to install one of the fixes, which i think was the baldurdash ones.

So does any one know what went wrong?

#2 Radagast-The-Brown

Radagast-The-Brown
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:48 AM

Having checked this out through shadow keeper, i seem to have found that after 2.9 million, my characters no longer gain XP or levels. This is the same restriction that was implemented before the installation of throne of bhaal. The current mods i am using are BP, Shadows over Soubar, TS, TDD, CtB. Looking back i realised that when installing one of the final mods, i forgot to install one of the fixes, which i think was the baldurdash ones.

So does any one know what went wrong?

hmmm..as far as I know during the bp installation and particularly when installing TDD and SoS u MUST ONLY check the baldurdash misc fixes at the end as well as the checked boxes which are preselected anyway.If u forgot to check that u may have a messed up install so I assume thats why your characters stopped leveling up.I guess you should re-install from the beginning.At least thats what I would do.
Ignorance Is Bliss

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:03 PM

if you didn't install baldurdash: don't!. baldurdash is not compatible with BP, BP-NEJ, BP-BGT or BP-BGT-NEJ. (why? because it is already included in the BP install: installing it twice is guaranteed to stuff things up).

if you didnt install the baldurdash fixes that came with TDD or SoS, then, err, crap, but it won't cause this levelling problem. do you have TOB installed? as soon as you install TOB, the level cap goes up to 8 million: no baldurdash fix from a BP mod, will change this. what BP *will* do is increase the level cap to around 11 million or so (level 50): this is done by the BP installer (auto *or* manual). if you can;t get to level 50, then i'd be surprised if that was yr *only* problem!

did you install anything *after* yr BP install? the ease-of-use XP cap remover? sabre's XP cap remover? baldurdash's 'safe xp cap remover'? all of these will do bad things to yr install? are you *sure* you have TOB installed?

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 ozza G

ozza G
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:12 PM

sorry, maybe i should have posted some more info. I do indeed have TOB and it is installed. After i finished installing BP and all the mods required, the only mod i added on top of that was CTB. I installed baldurdash when the manual (the pdf one) asked me too. As i said in my first post i missed installing baldurdash in the final mod, but i cant be sure.

#5 ozza G

ozza G
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:31 PM

ahem.......

#6 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:52 PM

at which point i'm at a bit of a loss...

only two possibilities i can think of:

1. CtB interferes with with installs more than i thought it did - although no other CtB user has reported this (they've reported a range of other problems, but not this).

2. that when you installed the baldurdash fixpack, you installed v361, rather than v112 (v361 is for SOA only - i don't see the 'safe xp cap remover' in it, but it might be there; v112 is the TOB version).

all i can add is that in my current game, my CHARNAME is a level 42 blade with something like 7 mill XP - so i can assure you there's no SOA-sized XP cap in BP. if it's not CtB and it's not the baldurdash fixpack, then i don't know what it is...

you could try removing the files xpcap.2da and xplevel.2da from yr override folder and then trying to level up above 2.95 mill XP. assuming you did an auto-install, the game should default to the XP tables Horred created - ie, up to level 50.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#7 ozza G

ozza G
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 02:17 PM

ok thanks for your help, i am just gonna reinstall everything. its easier now since i found the dvd version of SoA......