• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:21 AM

Had to start this as a new topic because I've changed tack. I did as I suggested :D and stripped a Weidu installer down to just the two items in question. It still didn't work :huh:

Would anyone care to have a look at the attached zipfile (installer plus items but minus weidu.exe) and see if you can figure out what I've screwed up? I tried making new items from scratch and also converting existing ones, but all with the same result - no identified long description in-game.

-Y-

#2 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:27 PM

I installed your items and got the identified descriptions that were in your .tra file.

#3 Potencius

Potencius
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:45 PM

If it's working on other people's machines, that leads me to believe that you have some form of unupdated dialogF.tlk and you're testing with a female character. I guess I could be wrong, but... yeah.
The Glory of Istar - A Dragonlance Total Conversion

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco

The truth of #meeting:
KenTeamBG: a/s/l
Deano: 14/f/in ur heart
* KenTeamBG it's getting hot so i remove my jacket
Daxziz: Oooh
* Echon, MaxTeamBG and Hlidskialf all get naked.
* SimDing0 has joined #meeting
SimDing0: Eew.
* SimDing0 has left #meeting
* KenTeamBG sets mode: +b SimDing0

#4 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:26 PM

I'm wondering if perhaps you're not updating your DLTCEP once the items are installed. You need to reload the chitin.key (or alternately exit/restart DLTCEP) once the items are installed in order to let the editor know they are there. You can of course load them as an external file, but DLTCEP doesn't maintain a dialog.tlk lock, so it needs to reload prior to displaying the linked info. Next time you install it, exit the item editor and click the 'Reload Chitin' button. Then reopen the item editor section and check your items.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:33 AM

@Kismet

I installed your items and got the identified descriptions that were in your .tra file.

Damn. :D Your time and help was very much appreciated.

@Max

If it's working on other people's machines, that leads me to believe that you have some form of unupdated dialogF.tlk

The wheels of thought grind exceeding slow but this could just be a Weidu/dialog/dialogF problem. I'm developing with a bucketload of addons installed (to check/forestall any problems) and I removed and reinstalled a couple, something we know sometimes upsets Weidu. Chloe now says the most stupid things at times and the actor that calls you to Cloakwood Squares spouts off like a storekeeper.

Guess I'd better succumb to an attack of reinstall, Dungeon-Be-Gone and Shadowkeeper.....

@Hlid

I'm wondering if perhaps you're not updating your DLTCEP once the items are installed

No, I know about that particular DLTCEP foible. An RRPITA at times!!!! :D

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 15 October 2004 - 09:34 AM.

#6 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:55 AM

Give up time. The descriptions still didn't appear with a patched virgin (!!!) installation of SoA/ToB. Guess I'll wait and see what happens at beta test time - if they appear on other peoples' PCs, then I'll give up worrying.

-Y-

#7 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 02:13 PM

Okay....... I don't pretend to understand this at all but......

I created two patched virgin installations of SoA/ToB/SoS. On one I imported my BG1 character via a chr file. On the other I imported the same character via a Final Save file.

The chr import game failed to show the long descriptions for my new items; as it happens, they weren't the only description failures - quite a few CLUAConsole'd Soubar items failed as well.

The Final Save import game works perfectly in all respects.

Go figure - 'coz I can't.

-Y- :bash: