• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:42 AM

Hello... so, here's my first mod idea. I'm very VERY bad at coding, so this whole thing will probably never get off the ground, but please offer feedback, or say if you'd be interested or not... I'd quite like her. So, anyway, here are my ideas;

Name: Siren (She doesn't know her real name.. this was her stage-name.)
Race: Half-elf
Class: Jester, true class bard, or swashbuckler, or thief/mage, or another custom bard kit... not sure yet. ^_^
Alignment: Chaotic neutral, or lawful evil, still not sure.. again. -_- Prob. CN
STATS: Obviously, this isn't final until I decide her class, but probably in the area of:
STR: 12 (Nothing special.)
DEX: 16 (Explained in bio. :unsure: )
CON: 13 (A little over average.)
INT: 16 ( she's pretty smart.)
WIS: 10 (Average)
CHA: 18 (Also explained in bio... B) )

Her history: She was born to rich and powerful pirate lord, and an elven Umberlant priestess. Her father soon lost interest in her mother, and abandoned her along with his newly born daughter, to continue his habits of binge drinking and wenching. Her mother took her, and the two leaft for the mainland. Unfortunately, the ship was caught in a storm, and sent adrift, only to be washed up on a seemingly deserted island. Upon further exploration, searching parties found the island was inhabited by a large clan of half-orcs. The ship's crew and passengers were captured. Those unable to work were killed. As an Umberlant, Siren's mother refused to enter into the bonds of slavery, and took her own life. By this time, Siren was 17 years old, and old enough to be sold into slavery. She was forced into prostitution by the brothel that bought her. 2 years later, another ship arrived. This time the men appeared elven... but they were not. Tieflings, they said, from the planar city of Sigil. They slaughtered the half-orcs, taking their captives for themselves. She, along with 5 or 6 other choice captives were taken to Sigil by their new captors. On the ship, it was noticed that she could sing well. The Tiefs began to call her 'Siren', and as it had been so long since she had heard her original name, she adopted this as her name. In Sigil, rather then being sent to one of the various festhalls, she was sent to an Inn, where she danced, sang, and acted. Eventually, a small company of bards adopted her as their own, and took her to the mainland with them. Unfortunately, the reason they were leaving Sigil was to escape huge gambling debts. Assasins were sent after them, and they were killed. Siren escaped however. Which is how she end's up in Athkatla.

Stuff the mod might include:
A possible interparty romance with Haer'Dalis...?
A drunken fling with Anomen? (Only if PC is not romancing him...)
A possible romance with the PC
Finding out her true name?
A quest in Brynnlaw.... where her father just happens to STILL be a pirate lord..
Persuading Aerie to get a nose piercing? ^_^

Attached Images

• Siren.gif

Edited by Hishi, 18 October 2004 - 11:42 AM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#2 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:49 AM

Nice :D Do I know you from somewhere?
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#3 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:51 AM

Nice :D Do I know you from somewhere?

Ehh... FR?

No, I don't think so, unless you've seen me posting around. ^_^

Thanks for the positive feedback, btw.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#4 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:57 AM

Actually that was just a bad pick-up line for Siren or the lady on the pic. :P
"It's 106 miles to Arroyo, we got a full fusion cell, half a pack of RadAway, it's midnight, and I'm wearing a 50-year old Vault 13 Jumpsuit. Let's hit it!" -The Chosen One

Free your mind

#5 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:59 AM

Actually that was just a bad pick-up line for Siren or the lady on the pic. :P

Ahh. That explains a lot. Figured with a charisma of 18 she needed to be pretty hot. So, got any suggestions, (like what kit you think she should be?)

Oh... and, er, the title of this thread was in no way a subtle reference to you... at all. :blink:

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#6 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 12:37 PM

It looks pretty good. :) I like the idea of a quest in Brynnlaw, since that city takes so little time to do.

#7 Dr.Shaman

Dr.Shaman
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:42 PM

@A possible interparty romance with Haer'Dalis...?

How often do you have two bards in your party I wonder? :huh: :)

I think it may be a fine NPC.

#8 Keltosh

Keltosh
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:43 PM

Hmmm seems like a nice mod idea. It would be a pity if you realòly never did it. You might be able to find someone to help you though.. :D
No, not me :( I can't code and i don't have the time to learn

I think this could be a very interesting character :D

#9 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:08 PM

I like your idea. ;)

It'd turn out a pretty good NPC addon, I daresay.

崇高滑稽
·

#10 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

@romance options
hmm, if the pc is male and has a party comprised of the 3 bioware romances, siren and haer'dalis
aerie,viconia, aerie and siren like pc, siren and aerie also like haer'dalis(sp?), who likes them. or toss out someone for anomen and have him fighting over siren w/ haer and u. I'm not suggesting polygomy(but the option to suggest it would be great, just to see everyones reaction) and eventually everyone will get their feelings sorted out and end up w/ at most 1 person. but that's a lot of conflicts in the meantime :D
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#11 jester

jester

biased bystander

• 1476 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:21 AM

I like bards, but I also think that the point above is valid that no party would have two bards at the same time. Most people who don't like Jan and /or are evil lack a decent xE or CN thief IMO.

Free your mind

#12 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:50 AM

According to her biography she should be lawful evil - possibly with the option to "re-socialize" her.

崇高滑稽
·

#13 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

Oooo! I like this idea, yes I do. ^_^

Stuff the mod might include:
A possible interparty romance with Haer'Dalis...?
A drunken fling with Anomen? (Only if PC is not romancing him...)
A possible romance with the PC
Finding out her true name?
A quest in Brynnlaw.... where her father just happens to STILL be a pirate lord..
Persuading Aerie to get a nose piercing?

The romance with Haer'Dalis sounds alright, but I also wonder about the two bards in one party. How many people would actually do that?

The drunken fling with Anomen could be quite amusing, I'd say ^^;;
The romance with the PC is very possible. Personally I think there are many romance Mods for female PC's out there, and only a few for Males (released ones that I know of, anyway).

The Brynnlaw quest and the "Discovering Her True Name" quest sound like very good ideas ^^

Ehr...Aerie a nose piercing? O_o;; Okay, I suppose it's possible. :P

So in short I really like this idea, and I think you should do this ^^ If you need assistance, I'd be happy to work on this Mod with you.^^

#14 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:28 AM

Woow.. thanks for the nice feedback... :D

I think maybe to Haer'Dalis romance could be scrapped, but I think she'd still have a fair bit to say to him about Sigil, and the arts of a bard, ect.

I think I'd rather make her evil, although I'm still not sure. As for class, I think True class bard would probably be best.

@fallen demon...

That could be.. amusing. I think if 3 males were arguing of Siren she'd probably find it entirely bemusing, and leave the party, though... Hmm... ^_^ However, I like the idea of a large argument between virtually all the part members ensuing.. :nana:

As for the Brynnlaw quest, I kinda wanted to add more dpth to some of the characters out on everyones least favourite pirate isle. I thought interaction between the pirate lord, his rejected daughter, and possibly Umberlant priestesses who knew her mother.. possibly a revised battle as you leave for spellhold?

@ Moongaze: I'm starting to write banters now, but I'll probably struggle with scripting... :unsure: any help would be very much welcomed...

Edited by Hishi, 19 October 2004 - 11:35 AM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#15 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:13 AM

She should be evil, although not evil by choice. The impressions of her life have converted her into a very unsocial person, and she basically only lives on vengeance and hatred. The player should be able to solve that situation a bit, especially if choosing the romancing branch.

If you need any item or portrait graphics, don't hesitate to ask me. :)

崇高滑稽
·

#16 Raven_Nexus

Raven_Nexus
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:56 AM

Sounds real good btw :P

You say she will maybe persuading Aerie to get a nose piercing. Do you think she will try to get any of the others to do the same or something like that :P ?

#17 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:13 AM

I was thinking that she might take a few of the more lawful NPC's to take alittle walk on the wild side, as it were... but I'm not quite sure, right now.

@Lightspeed... Thanks! And I think I've decided to make her LE. It fits her banters more, and I also don't think there are any evil bards out there at the moment... :vbat:

Any banter ideas would be welcomed, by the way :^^:

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#18 lennon

lennon
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:58 AM

Woow.. thanks for the nice feedback...  :D

..... stuff deleted ........
      As for class, I think True class bard would probably be best.
...... more stuff deleted

View Post

Add me to the good idea group - also like the picture

I suggest that there is a problem with the true class bard in that no-one knows what the song does or if it actually works, also you only get pick-pockets, which is pretty boring, although it does allow you to do other stuff with your thieves. (You could always write in the excuse for some pick pocketing in your story line, a larcenous mini-quest)

You might like to mandate the use of the Rogue Re-Balencing kit if you want to use the TC bard class. I like the Jester; you can see their song work, but it becomes much less useful as the story progresses (I can't remember if RRK makes the bard song level dependent.) In the published game only the skald has a level dependent song, but I've never tested the additioanl powers against your likely enemies saving throws.

Hope it goes well.

#19 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:25 AM

Woow.. thanks for the nice feedback...  :D

..... stuff deleted ........
      As for class, I think True class bard would probably be best.
...... more stuff deleted

View Post

Add me to the good idea group - also like the picture

I suggest that there is a problem with the true class bard in that no-one knows what the song does or if it actually works, also you only get pick-pockets, which is pretty boring, although it does allow you to do other stuff with your thieves. (You could always write in the excuse for some pick pocketing in your story line, a larcenous mini-quest)

You might like to mandate the use of the Rogue Re-Balencing kit if you want to use the TC bard class. I like the Jester; you can see their song work, but it becomes much less useful as the story progresses (I can't remember if RRK makes the bard song level dependent.) In the published game only the skald has a level dependent song, but I've never tested the additioanl powers against your likely enemies saving throws.

Hope it goes well.

View Post

Thanks.. :rolleyes: I'm currently writing banters.

As for her class... I'm not quite sure what to do. I think Jester might be good, but then I'm not sure if it really suits her character and histroy either. Hmm.. making her a new class might be the most appropriate... I'm nnt sure. I was hesitant to consider Blade, due to the fact Haer'Dalis is one... Skald might be an option. I'll read the class descs. again, and further suggestions shall be welcomed. ;)

Oh, and what do you think of this for a cutom item;

Siren's amulet(s).

This is a ragtag collection of talismans and amulets she seems to have accumulated over the years, including everything from elvish luck symbols to useless trinkets. Whilst you doubt it offers her any serious protection against the arcane, as she hopes, the pendants are so large in number that it would probably protect her from a decent sword thrust.

Gives her; 5% magic res, -1 to armour class, ability to cast luck and improved invisibility once per day.

I was also thinking of givivng her an instrument, but I haven't decided yet.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#20 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

bards song does luck bonus you could do a custom class which you believe fits her