Photo

Siren

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:49 PM

You should also be able to influence in just the other way, and have them end up literally fighting  :)

View Post

*giggle* Yeah, that too. "Viconia! You're not going to let her call you a slinking rock slug, are you?! I know I wouldn't take that!"
"It's always somethin' . . . 'Phenalope, check for traps.' 'Phenalope, open this here lock and get us the treasures.' 'Phenalope, my destiny's too hard, gimmie an ale and sing me a jaunty tune . . . ' "
Phenalope - When you just need a hug or a hamstring cut. A Baldur's Gate 2 NPC Friendship Mod. Because not everyone wants to get into your heroic britches.

"I was like a poor sinner who'd just found out he'd got to heaven after all."
~ Preacher

#42 Erephine

Erephine

leit aš lķfi

• 1912 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

*giggle*  Yeah, that too.  "Viconia!  You're not going to let her call you a slinking rock slug, are you?!  I know I wouldn't take that!"

View Post

Or if you're very evil ^_^

"*giggle* Now that I think about it, Viconia, you *do* in fact look like a slinking rock slug...."

崇高滑稽
·

#43 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:44 PM

*giggle*  Yeah, that too.  "Viconia!  You're not going to let her call you a slinking rock slug, are you?!  I know I wouldn't take that!"

View Post

Or if you're very evil ^_^

"*giggle* Now that I think about it, Viconia, you *do* in fact look like a slinking rock slug...."

View Post

And very suicidal! :P
"It's always somethin' . . . 'Phenalope, check for traps.' 'Phenalope, open this here lock and get us the treasures.' 'Phenalope, my destiny's too hard, gimmie an ale and sing me a jaunty tune . . . ' "
Phenalope - When you just need a hug or a hamstring cut. A Baldur's Gate 2 NPC Friendship Mod. Because not everyone wants to get into your heroic britches.

~ Preacher

#44 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:17 AM

:P Her and Viconia actually get on okay. Her and Edwin come pretty close to tearing each other's heads off, but Siren refuses to 'Dirty her sword, as she polished it only this morning, and can't be bothered to do it again.'

In some of the romance conflict between her and Viconia, they just end up picking physical imperfections in each other. And a fairly ..err... interestnig banter entitled 'That's a wart, not a mole.' :unsure:

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#45 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:18 PM

Okay, I've nearly finished the banters... one thing I need advice on: do you think the current portrait is fitting for her?

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#46 Sleeta

Sleeta
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 09:33 PM

Okay, I've nearly finished the banters... one thing I need advice on: do you think the current portrait is fitting for her?

View Post

Personally, I like the portrait. It's cocky, like she seems to be. Isn't that one of the ones Phaere (from Neverwinter Vault, not the game ;) ) did? Either way, I think it's good.

~ Preacher

#47 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:47 AM

Yes, it is one of Phaere's. I was talking through this idea with a friend, and he sent me this portrait, though. He was using it as an alternate for Jaheira... :D

Edit: I think he edited it a bit, too. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hishi, 07 November 2004 - 11:48 AM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#48 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:33 PM

Aye, I must say I like her portrait, and it fits her too. Keep it. ^_^

#49 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:47 PM

Mehh.. I shall not change it. ^_^

Oh, and as requested, here are some of the interjections your other party members will make when Siren and Viconia are about to get a little *too* violent...

Korgan: Har! Cat fight! I?d *pay* to see this! Me money?s on Siren!
Edwin: (Hmm? lets hope they tear each others clothing up a little before one emerges victorious? hmm?.)
Mazzy: Silence yourselves! Women such as you should behave with more dignity!
Valygar: Gods, <CHARNAME>, they?ll be none of us left by the time we complete this quest of yours if you allow your party members to continue shredding each other to pieces. (sighs) Make them stop.
Aerie: By Baervar? why do we have to have people like this in the party, <CHARNAME>?
Haer?Dalis: Oh, my ladies, neither of your fair skins should be besmirched by the clawing nails of the other?
Keldorn: Lord Torm! What a despicable display! End this immediately, <CHARNAME>!
Minsc: Oh? Minsc and Boo must fight on the side of righteousness! But? but which of the pretty elf girls is the most righteous? Ooh? a dilemma to test even Boo?
Anomen: <CHARNAME>! Put a stop to this at once, lest *I* be forced to!

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#50 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:02 AM

Imoen would probably find it amusing as long as they didn't attempt to REALLY kill eachother or something.

Cernd probably would ramble on about balance.

Jan would tell a story about his relative and turnips (as if you didn't see that one coming)

Nalia would find it childish (yeah, she's got a knack for oblivious irony)

Yoshimo... I don't know. He'd advice against it, but in a non-forceful manner. Like always, y'know.

And Sarevok ain't there yet.

Just my five cents (damn the inflation...)
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#51 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:27 PM

I've got Jan telling a lot of stories already with Siren, so I was still thinking about something in character, but not a story he could tell... I'll work on it.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#52 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:51 PM

The idea with the Nalia thing is that at first, nalia is a bit in awe of her, but she steadily grows more confident around her, until it leads to one banter where Nalia has a sort of angry outburst at Siren. That banter she doesn't win. Haer'Dalis outsmarts her a few times, Vicnoia and her don't banter so much as discuss philosophies, and her and Jan just tell stories. Keldorn wins most his banters with her. So does Anomen, who, despite their differences, unserstands her quite well. Her and Korgan start off friendly, but they begin to loathe each other by their final banter.The thing about Siren is that if she doesn't like the way a conversation is going, she ends it abruptly. The conversation with Cernd, however, is continued in the next banter. ;) Also with a CHA of 18, she is pretty persuasive.

View Post

Well, guess what! Edwins till mutters udner his breath... lol.

I Didn't think Korgan gets along with anyone anyways

#53 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:01 PM

actually, i remember korgan getting along fine with imoen and (suprisingly) keldorn
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#54 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:26 PM

Yup. Him and Edwin get on alright too. Although thats probably just because Edwin acted all simpery, and let Korgan have a few digs at him. :unsure:

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#55 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 12 November 2004 - 04:54 PM

Umm, I know this is early but how close is this to being finished?

#56 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:47 AM

Not very close at all, really. Finished most banters, now it's just interjections and Romance. Then the quest. And it will take me ages just to learn to code. I've been a bit lazy recently, and I probably won't start coding till at least christmas. :(

But thanks for asking, dude! :D

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#57 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:29 PM

You could ask somone to help you code.

#58 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:27 PM

A few people have already volunteered, but if I need any ore help I'll ask around. :)

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

#59 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:22 PM

Okay. Do not ask me as I am just as clueless. :) About coding that is. :lol:

Edited by dragonlord, 13 November 2004 - 03:23 PM.

#60 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:09 AM

Not very close at all, really. Finished most banters, now it's just interjections and Romance. Then the quest. And it will take me ages just to learn to code. I've been a bit lazy recently, and I probably won't start coding till at least christmas. :(

But thanks for asking, dude! :D

View Post

Sounds like you're in the same stage as I am with my Mod. ^_^
Siren sounds most promising, and I look forward to seeing her in action! :D
*hint hint* Screenshots *hint hint*

Oh, and a question: Will she be voiced? If so, by whom?

Edited by Moongaze, 16 November 2004 - 07:09 AM.