Cernd, Et All

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:20 AM

If he had been, I guess that someone would have made a better Ano romance.

#22 Zanari

Zanari
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:58 AM

Does anyone remember the part where Cernd says she(his wife)didn`t want to live in his world......So I think that a romance with Cernd is very possible. My impression of Cernd is that he loves nature very much and just didn`t want to be a farm boy or city boy...He wanted to travel with Chara name and loved the idea of exploring the pocket plane.....anyways just my two cents on Cernd.

#23 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:12 AM

The only thing I can say about Cernd is that he has a sexy voice. To think of it, it is sexier than Anomen's and Haer'Dalis'... and Keldorn's... and Korgan's... no. No. Korgan is the best.

Seriously, I would like to see a Cernd expansion\romance, but I very much afraid different people view Cernd very differently, depending on their life experiences. I, for example, heard "deadbeat Dad", "a walking collection of nature quotes", and my favourite (to which I myself am sometimes prone) "what is his name again?". I think he is neither of these, but, anyway, opening him up would be a difficult task.

#24 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:00 PM

In BG world pretty much every joinable male NPC who has children was called a deadbeat dad -Coran, Cernd and Keldorn. With the exception of course of PC who had valiantly brought his pregnant girlfriend to the Nine Hells and let her carry the offspring into Mellissan's layer. Now, that's the proper parenting. Anyways, I think that first and foremost to even stand a chance against the overwhelming player love for Jaheira, Cernd needs interesting set of friendship talks, interjections, etc. Romance is a secondary enterprize.

Edited by Ashara, 30 October 2005 - 01:01 PM.

#25 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:56 PM

MTS & Sleeta: I entirely agree. Minsc is such a brilliant character, IMO there is so much to him that hasn't been explored. Whenever I play him he seems slightly one sided. I don't tend to think of him as a character, more as comedic relief. As much as I love him for this (I have him in every single party I make. I adore him) there could be so much more to him.

I could help with a Minsc friendship/romance if it goes ahead, seeing as I'm not doing much.. if its still up for grabs, anyway!

I like the idea of fleshing Cernd out, too. A romance, in my opinion, would have to be extremely hard to cultivate - from what I've seen, he seems to still be in love with his wife, and does miss his child. So I'm all for it :)

But, in my opinion... Minsc is such a better character with more potential. I'm viewing this through rose-tinted glasses, though!!

#26 Little Dragon

Little Dragon

Die Gedanken sind frei

• 131 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

'Deadbeat Dad' is not the right term for Cernd (or Coran if you think about it) because Cernd's wife never told him she was pregnant. That's actually a nasty thing to do to a man, tell him he's free to go, and never mention that 'little secret'.

Cernd has potential, but it was never properly developed in the game.
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22"
Joseph Heller, Catch-22 (1955)

#27 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:49 PM

'Deadbeat Dad' is not the right term for Cernd (or Coran if you think about it) because Cernd's wife never told him she was pregnant. That's actually a nasty thing to do to a man, tell him he's free to go, and never mention that 'little secret'.

Agreed. I understand that Coran leaves his wife some coin, Cernd asks for the folks of the grove to care about his child, and Keldorn has Peony to look after his daughters, so I think on the whole, it goes rather well.

Cernd has potential, but it was never properly developed in the game.

Agreed again. I would say that of all NPC mods, Banter Pack has pretty accurate Cernd characterisation, but these are only a few banters. If there were twenty or so, I am not sure it would preserve.

#28 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:49 AM

I am not saying that I agree with the 'dead-beat' characterization, I am just saying that it is a label liberally applied to all three males. My own feelings where always that Cernd had done nothing to deserve the critique bestowed upon him; Coran would not earn my scorn as long as he pays willingly; and Keldorn deserves nothing but loathing.

#29 Pixel Kaiser

Pixel Kaiser

Formerly Tameon the Dragoon

• 1425 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:42 PM

Um...I hate shameless selfpromotion, but as far as Minsc characterization, I hope the NPC Interaction Pack works out some of that. We've just got a bunch of ideas rather than a concrete plan, though.

#30 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

I actually asked theacefes if I can join that in PM on COM, but I haven't got a reply yet.. I'd absolutely adore writing Minsc stuff. He rawks! So could you pleease poke theacefes to answer? *grins*

#31 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:44 AM

I understand that Coran leaves his wife some coin

Coran has/had a wife? I didn't know that, who is she?

#32 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:20 AM

No, no, he does not. The whole idea of the story is that Briel'bara is Yago's wife :)