A niave, yet simple question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -That one guest...yeah...him...-

-That one guest...yeah...him...-

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:38 PM

Now that CtB has been weidu'd, do I still have to start a new game?

I would expect so, due to all the changes it makes...

But I thought i'd ask anyway. Besides, i'm just a guest, so you can't track me down and raze my house to the ground.

So...do I?

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:44 PM

Sorry to double post, but my reason for this was I just completed all the "standard quests(windspear hills, Umar Hills, Tradement Quests, yada yada yada), and I REALLY don't want to do them again, having beaten SoA and ToB about ten times over.

Maybe I could make it more enthralling by blinding myself and cutting off my left arm...

Back to the original question, do I have to start a new game (there, i've asked the same lame question twice in five minutes, now you must really despise me)?

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:55 PM

Back to the original question, do I have to start a new game

yes.

well, no: if you don't want to see any of the mod content you could use a saved game. but if you actually want to play CtB after you've installed it, then yes, a new game is necessary.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:00 PM

Back to the original question, do I have to start a new game

yes.

well, no: if you don't want to see any of the mod content you could use a saved game. but if you actually want to play CtB after you've installed it, then yes, a new game is necessary.

View Post

I thought as much. Oh, well.

Grinding is a part of every RPG (even CtB, with the chores), so I guess i'll just get my stronghold, re-save the hills, and rescue trademeet all over again.

*Draws Celestial Fury

AAAAAGHHHHH!!!

#5 -WAIT! One last thing...-

-WAIT! One last thing...-

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:27 PM

Before I sally forth to play CtB, is it as buggy as TDD? Are there any serious known bugs I should avoid as I play (as of v150, of course)?