Photo

Bard's song stacking bug in IWD2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ron-Damon

Ron-Damon
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 11:37 PM

Hello, i'm new to this forum and i just discovered it too, it seems great, congratulations.

Now, here is my "mod" (this would be something more like a "patch", but anyway...):
I'm trying to fix the bug that allows you to stack bard's songs when you have the "Lingering Song" feat in Icewind Dale 2.
I would like to know if someone has already tryied this and what problems did you have and what approach did you take.
I'm not sure if this "fix" can be done via script (bcs) or directly over the spell, or it's simply hardcoded (in any case i would like to search for another approach to the problem, if anyone gives me one that is).

Hope you help and give me your oppinions, thanks.
(i'm sorry if this was a bad or wrong post for this forum, thought i would get help)

PD: I have realised that there are many flags inherent to spells and feats...
What does the flags mean ?

#2 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 11:48 PM

I'm weak on IWD2, but I'd suggest adding "Protection from Spell" effects to the bard song spl files, set to protect the target from the other bard songs as long as one is already in effect. So, if someone is affected by SongA, they're immune to SongB, SongC, etc.

#3 Ron-Damon

Ron-Damon
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:23 PM

Thanks, that sounds good...
More help: do you know of a utility to achieve that? (this is my first modding attemp in IE}

#4 Ron-Damon

Ron-Damon
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:10 AM

Well, i fixed the bug (there is still other minor bugs related to bard songs), but only in the "Song of the three heroes" using Stone Wolf suggested method. Now someone can't stack the same song bonuses over and over, neither other songs can be played at the same time. The rest of the songs can use the same fix, but my bard can't play them so i haven't fixed them. Also, if i have time, maybe i will start fixing the other minor bugs too (but this would be more script related).

Anyway, if anyone is interested i could fix all (or specific) songs and upload the file somewhere.

PD: Again, thanks for the help Stone Wolf.

Edited by Ron-Damon, 15 November 2004 - 02:22 AM.