• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:38 AM

We have a portrait pack for BG1 NPCs that's basically good to go and we'd like to go ahead and add BGT support. With that in mind, can anyone answer these two questions:

1) What is a good filename to check to detect if BGT is installed? (I'm thinking one of the new BIFFs.)

2) Are the filenames of the portrait .bmps the same as they are in BG1? If not, what are they?

Thanks!

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:08 AM

BG1ARE.BIF, BG1CRE.BIF, and so one. Individual files to look for could be area or scripts. AR0015 is the starting point (Candlekeep). I don't think anyone else's mod is using that area yet.

Pictures should be the standard BMP file copied over from BG1. They don't use the BG2 portraits unless you install BG1NPC which can do that. So IMOENM.BMP and IMOENS.BMP are the defaults.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 09:55 AM

1) What is a good filename to check to detect if BGT is installed? (I'm thinking one of the new BIFFs.)

as SirBB says, Data/BG1ARE.bif is a good file to check: this is the one the s_and_h patch checks before installing the BGT-specific fixes.

Edited by seanas, 20 November 2004 - 09:56 AM.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:29 AM

Well, if BGT uses the same .bmps as vanilla BG1 then all I need is a Tutu/non-Tutu check. :)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#5 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:31 AM

Pictures should be the standard BMP file copied over from BG1. They don't use the BG2 portraits unless you install BG1NPC which can do that. So IMOENM.BMP and IMOENS.BMP are the defaults.

I just wanted to reconfirm; IIRC, BG1 plain uses L and S, while BG2 uses L, M and S; So if BGT does not change the portraits names for the 'returning' gang, it should be IMOENL - or does it?

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:20 PM

I have Kagain using KagainM and KagainS in one BGT game that doesn't have BG1NPC installed yet.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website