CTD on the Castle Map

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:20 PM

SBB:

On the castle map, the one that looks like the Friendly Arms, when you try and enter the second little out-building, the game crashes.

Also, when talking to Martin the Ranger on the Reddy Forest Map. His final response is an error message. "No Valid Replies" or something like that.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 20 November 2004 - 08:49 PM.

"What rough beast, Its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born."

W.B. Yeats

May the sun be always in the eyes of your enemies,
and may your feet always find the correct path.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:03 AM

Mark, that area was in the 1.1 patch. Same with Martin. Are you sure you have it installed?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 03:04 PM

Mark, that area was in the 1.1 patch.  Same with Martin.  Are you sure you have it installed?

View Post

I thought it was installed. My WEIDU log shows it as being installed, perhaps I left it off when I rebuilt???

I've reinstalled it. I'll let you know if I encounter anymore glitches.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:34 PM

The area is BH0502. Could you look to see if it is in your override folder, please?

Classic Adventures

#5 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:04 AM

The area is BH0502.  Could you look to see if it is in your override folder, please?

View Post

I just checked my override file. I do not have a BH0502.are file. I have the other BH0502. files, but not an .are file.

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 22 November 2004 - 08:05 AM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:10 PM

Here is the file. I know it wasn't in the first Main.RAR file. I don't see it in the 1.1 patch either but I know this issue has been brought up before. I suspect I posted the file back on Horred's site and so never put it in a patch kit. I will have to make sure it gets into the 2.0 package when I finally make it (that is the sequel mod). For now, anyone who needs it can get it here.

Ha! I fooled this damn forum. It thinks the file is a TXT file. Please remember to rename the file to an ARE once you download it.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:59 AM

Here is the file.  I know it wasn't in the first Main.RAR file.  I don't see it in the 1.1 patch either but I know this issue has been brought up before.  I suspect I posted the file back on Horred's site and so never put it in a patch kit.  I will have to make sure it gets into the 2.0 package when I finally make it (that is the sequel mod).  For now, anyone who needs it can get it here.

Ha! I fooled this damn forum.  It thinks the file is a TXT file.  Please remember to rename the file to an ARE once you download it.

View Post

Problem. I can't download the file. All I get when I click on it is a page with gibberish. I could try and save the text page as BH0502.are, would that preserve the file's formatting?

Mark

#8 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:04 AM

Here is the file.  I know it wasn't in the first Main.RAR file.  I don't see it in the 1.1 patch either but I know this issue has been brought up before.  I suspect I posted the file back on Horred's site and so never put it in a patch kit.  I will have to make sure it gets into the 2.0 package when I finally make it (that is the sequel mod).  For now, anyone who needs it can get it here.

Ha! I fooled this damn forum.  It thinks the file is a TXT file.  Please remember to rename the file to an ARE once you download it.

View Post

Problem. I can't download the file. All I get when I click on it is a page with gibberish. I could try and save the text page as BH0502.are, would that preserve the file's formatting?

Mark

View Post

Damnit. Why does this thing recognize me sometimes and not others? Anyway, didn't work. The file comes across as a text file and there's no way to convert it to an are file.

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#9 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:20 AM

Rename the file to a .are file. It should work fine.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:12 PM

If using Internet Explorer, right click on the link and select Save As. That way, you can even rename the file before you download.

Classic Adventures

#11 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 07:11 AM

Rename the file to a .are file. It should work fine.

View Post

I did that. The file still appeared as a text file. Using the save as command seems to have resolved the problem. Windows now believes that the file is an are file.

My current party is on the way to Nashkell. Everything seems to be working smoothly. No apparent glitches. (Keeping fingers crossed on both hands.)

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 24 November 2004 - 07:12 AM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark